Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland U20 2015 6 nations and junior world cup

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Yeah I'm not sure hyping young players is ever a good thing - can only add stress I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭wise7

Hagz wrote: »
    Jeez, talk about pressure! That's a lot of hype to be placing on a young mans shoulders. Hopefully he stays grounded, along with people's expectations. All he needs to worry about is getting onto the u20 team.

Couldn't agree more with you Haqz. Journos should stick to reporting on how these young players perform in matches and less of the speculation about them maybe being the next big thing. It doesn't help the young guys at all. remember Tony Ward's nonsense about an u-20 player last season which must have created a burden of outrageous expectation that simply could not be delivered on but hopefully that player will get to a good place this season as he has a lot of promise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

wise7 wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more with you Haqz. Journos should stick to reporting on how these young players perform in matches and less of the speculation about them maybe being the next big thing. It doesn't help the young guys at all. remember Tony Ward's nonsense about an u-20 player last season which must have created a burden of outrageous expectation that simply could not be delivered on but hopefully that player will get to a good place this season as he has a lot of promise.

Billy Dardis I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Back three positions are going to be very strong this year in the 20's

RobbieRuns wrote: »
    Back three positions are going to be very strong this year in the 20's

Not just the back 3 but in fact the whole back line should be very good given the number of returning 20's from last season including half backs Nick Mc Carthy and Ross Byrne, centres Gary Ringrose and Harrison Brewer plus new blood coming in this year too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Not just the back 3 but in fact the whole back line should be very good given the number of returning 20's from last season including half backs Nick Mc Carthy and Ross Byrne, centres Gary Ringrose and Harrison Brewer plus new blood coming in this year too.

Dardis is back too

For sure, would agree with all of those, all great talents, Brewer might find it tough to make the back line but being in the academy he will probably get the edge. I would have a back three of Gaffney, Jack Owens and Stephen Fitzgerald at full back. You also have Jacob Stockdale as a wing option. Dardis will find it tough to get a starting berth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

I would have a back three of Gaffney, Jack Owens and Stephen Fitzgerald at full back. You also have Jacob Stockdale as a wing option. Dardis will find it tough to get a starting berth.

Why do you say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

For sure, would agree with all of those, all great talents, Brewer might find it tough to make the back line but being in the academy he will probably get the edge. I would have a back three of Gaffney, Jack Owens and Stephen Fitzgerald at full back. You also have Jacob Stockdale as a wing option. Dardis will find it tough to get a starting berth.

Brewer has recently had more surgery so his season has not really got going yet. Hasnt played any AIL this season yet which I reckon he would have been doing by now.

McCarthy
    Byrne
    Owens
    Brewer
    Ringrose
    Stockdale
    Dardis

is Goggin still underage? Fitzgerald is quality too. Could Jack Power have an outside chance? O' Shea?

• Advertisement

Bridge93 wrote: »
    McCarthy
    Byrne
    Owens
    Brewer
    Ringrose
    Stockdale
    Dardis

is Goggin still underage? Fitzgerald is quality too. Could Jack Power have an outside chance? O' Shea?
    Yuo need to keep Gaffney on that list and for sure Power and O'Shea have to be in contention. Don't think Goggin is underage.

Yuo need to keep Gaffney on that list and for sure Power and O'Shea have to be in contention. Don't think Goggin is underage.

Totally forgot Gaffney, he should be there.
    Will Sean O Hagan be backup 10 or is he too overage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Don't think Brewer being in academy will give him an edge in terms of starting. I think he is a back-rower playing in the centre but is an out and out back now and he will more than likely start
    Dardis will almost certainly start.
    Quint2010 wrote: »
    Brewer has recently had more surgery so his season has not really got going yet. Hasnt played any AIL this season yet which I reckon he would have been doing by now.
    Would Brewer make the Terenure AIL side? Im not sure
    McCarthy
    Byrne
    Owens
    Brewer
    Ringrose
    Stockdale
    Dardis

Goggin overage. O Shea has a very good chance of being involved considering he would have been in this side all the way up and was at schools national level and u19 national level

Why do you say that?

Just an opinion, nothing more than that, I probably will be wrong, just really rate those three (Gaffney, Owens and Fitzgerald).

Dardis will no doubt start though, the debate started with Tony Ward building up young Dardis last year by calling for him to be put into training with the Irish squad, he is a good player no doubt about it, but those three named are also good full backs and indeed Greg O'Shea is also another one who will be in contention, (Jacob Stockdale, Jack Power are very good but U19 and might be kept back). Lots of good back three players, Dardis will have his work cut out and will not just be a shoe in for the 20's not to mind the full Irish team !

• Registered Users Posts: 19 offyourfeet

Does Kiernan at Munster have a chance?

Just an opinion, nothing more than that, I probably will be wrong, just really rate those three (Gaffney, Owens and Fitzgerald).

Dardis will no doubt start though, the debate started with Tony Ward building up young Dardis last year by calling for him to be put into training with the Irish squad, he is a good player no doubt about it, but those three named are also good full backs and indeed Greg O'Shea is also another one who will be in contention, (Jacob Stockdale, Jack Power are very good but U19 and might be kept back). Lots of good back three players, Dardis will have his work cut out and will not just be a shoe in for the 20's not to mind the full Irish team !
    The 3 you name are very good and Fitzgerald etc has already made senior debut etc but Dardis will start
    Ward regularly does that with schools players... but Dardis has been built up by media, here etc since he was playing junior cup 3/4 years ago..
    Does Kiernan at Munster have a chance?
    Maybe but again he has another year to go at 20s so will more than likely be playing under 19s next April

No Sean O'Hagan is underage and could be the second 10 in the squad.

The list of backs looks very strong the more that you look at it, it is the forwards were we need the strength.

Was at UCD/Terenure AIL last night. Incredible late win for the Nure where they showed their maturity in focus and staying power against a College side playing at times very exciting rugby. UCD had 5 U-20's in action (Josh Murphy, Ross Byrne, Nick Mc Carthy,Gary Ringrose and Billy Dardis) in what was an incredibly young team overall. The main point that struck me is the ability of the young guys to cope with a huge step-up to the physicality at this level. All 4 mentioned played 80 minutes and were hugely committed to every facet of engagement. So the good news is that with a lot of the Ireland U-20's now getting such regular AIL game time throughout the provinces, this year' Ireland team will probably be more 'battle hardened' than previous years going into the 6 Nations and better equipped to deal with the English and French in particular?

Was at UCD/Terenure AIL last night. Incredible late win for the Nure where they showed their maturity in focus and staying power against a College side playing at times very exciting rugby. UCD had 5 U-20's in action (Josh Murphy, Ross Byrne, Nick Mc Carthy,Gary Ringrose and Billy Dardis) in what was an incredibly young team overall. The main point that struck me is the ability of the young guys to cope with a huge step-up to the physicality at this level. All 4 mentioned played 80 minutes and were hugely committed to every facet of engagement. So the good news is that with a lot of the Ireland U-20's now getting such regular AIL game time throughout the provinces, this year' Ireland team will probably be more 'battle hardened' than previous years going into the 6 Nations and better equipped to deal with the English and French in particular?

And before Quint reminds me a 6th U-20 , Stephen O' Neill for Nure also
    hugely prominent in the game.

And before Quint reminds me a 6th U-20 , Stephen O' Neill for Nure also
    hugely prominent in the game.

Aha I think he's overage but good try!:D

• Advertisement

College teams always very young but interesting they'd 20s plus another 1 or 2 just out of 20s.
    Of course theyd be hugely committed....
    Virtually all Irish 20s outside of Leinster will be playing regular AIL rugby.. Not so sure we can say 20s this year will be more battle hardened

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭typhoony

First time on here, and I've been reading though all the comments and it seems everyone is very optimistic of our chances this year, in fact considering the lack of talent or should i say apparent weakness of the teams we've sent to 6 nations and U20 WC over the last few years we have outperformed ourselves. By the way I don't think Henshaw played in his final year qualified to play in the U20 WC which I always thought was a mistake as that team had a few talented individuals. When you look at the makeup of this years crop and the group we are in then we have an oustanding chance of making the Semi-final and dare i say it win it outright. I do think that the only areas of potential weakness will be front-row but then that's not a surprise, all other positions we have multiple options.

Being a Connacht supporter and having been to a few of the Eagles games this year I think that Cian Romaine is potentialy the best young player to come out of Connacht for quite some time, on a par with Henshaw. He's 6ft5" and a real lump of a lad and still bulking up. The other player on the fringes of the U20's team is Stephen McVeigh from Athlone but played Leinster Schools Rugby. I think he was a late developer at School and again seeing him play for the Eagles I think he'll make a very good flanker for us and he's definitely in the mix in a postition that's always competive at U20 level.

Gaffney is another that looks like he's going to hold onto his place from last year and there are 1 or 2 more in our sub-academy. I think we'll have 4 from Connacht going onto the plane to the WC in 2015.

Also we could do some real damage to the other 6 nations teams when that competition starts and I'm excited already about gettig to Dubarry park for a few games, actually I read somewhere that one of the matches will be in Dublin and if that's the case I expect a big crowd to turn up to see this exceptional team.

typhoony wrote: »
    First time on here, and I've been reading though all the comments and it seems everyone is very optimistic of our chances this year, in fact considering the lack of talent or should i say apparent weakness of the teams we've sent to 6 nations and U20 WC over the last few years we have outperformed ourselves. By the way I don't think Henshaw played in his final year qualified to play in the U20 WC which I always thought was a mistake as that team had a few talented individuals. When you look at the makeup of this years crop and the group we are in then we have an oustanding chance of making the Semi-final and dare i say it win it outright. I do think that the only areas of potential weakness will be front-row but then that's not a surprise, all other positions we have multiple options.

Being a Connacht supporter and having been to a few of the Eagles games this year I think that Cian Romaine is potentialy the best young player to come out of Connacht for quite some time, on a par with Henshaw. He's 6ft5" and a real lump of a lad and still bulking up. The other player on the fringes of the U20's team is Stephen McVeigh from Athlone but played Leinster Schools Rugby. I think he was a late developer at School and again seeing him play for the Eagles I think he'll make a very good flanker for us and he's definitely in the mix in a postition that's always competive at U20 level.

Gaffney is another that looks like he's going to hold onto his place from last year and there are 1 or 2 more in our sub-academy. I think we'll have 4 from Connacht going onto the plane to the WC in 2015.

Also we could do some real damage to the other 6 nations teams when that competition starts and I'm excited already about gettig to Dubarry park for a few games, actually I read somewhere that one of the matches will be in Dublin and if that's the case I expect a big crowd to turn up to see this exceptional team.
    What lack of talent has there been the past few years?:confused:
    Henshaw only played 1 or 2 under 20 games as he was already regularly playing levels above under 20 rugby. It wasn't a mistake as he was already playing a standard above it week in week out with Connacht.

Romaine and McVeigh will be close enough but they're both in positions with very strong depth this year. Gaffney will be involved again

Henshaw only played 1 or 2 under 20 games as he was already regularly playing levels above under 20 rugby. It wasn't a mistake as he was already playing a standard above it week in week out with Connacht.

Romaine and McVeigh will be close enough but they're both in positions with very strong depth this year. Gaffney will be involved again

Don't think Dubarry will be a home venue for 6N's this year. Rumour is Donnybrook and the new all-weather surface.

I meant comparing the talent we had to the English, Welsh and South African teams who had some outsanding individuals the last few years, again I maintain we outperformed ourselves and that was down to excellent coaching not individual talent.

Also my definition of talented players are ones that have the potential to make it at the top level of World Rugby, Henshaw and Henderson are the only ones that standout for me from the last 3 or 4 years. There was a lot of hype about some other players.

I meant comparing the talent we had to the English, Welsh and South African teams who had some outsanding individuals the last few years, again I maintain we outperformed ourselves and that was down to excellent coaching not individual talent.

Also my definition of talented players are ones that have the potential to make it at the top level of World Rugby, Henshaw and Henderson are the only ones that standout for me from the last 3 or 4 years. There was a lot of hype about some other players.
    JJ Hanrahan and Dan Leavy might be upset to hear they didn't make your very shortlist of potentials and I would argue there are a few returning still underage players from last year's JWC that might stake a claim too but what's the point in overhyping too soon/

JJ Hanrahan and Dan Leavy might be upset to hear they didn't make your very shortlist of potentials and I would argue there are a few returning still underage players from last year's JWC that might stake a claim too but what's the point in overhyping too soon/

well i guess time will tell, just my opinion.

Cian Romaine has made great progress this year and is a vastly improved player, the thing is what his best position is though? Is he a second Row or a 6? One of those players on the cusp of not being big enough for second Row. McVeigh is a good player but I would not put him as a shoe in at all. Gaffney should be there as he is a returning player from last years JWC.

The one Connacht player not mentioned is Rory Maloney and I would have him as a cert, but you never know. It will be interesting to see if Carolan picks a few more Connacht lads?

Don't think Dubarry will be a home venue for 6N's this year. Rumour is Donnybrook and the new all-weather surface.
    That'll be disappointing if true. It was great when you had some form of International in Donnybrook the Friday and then the senior international the Saturday but it has been great having the 20s in Athlone.

We've had some very outstanding players the past 3/4 years. Hanrahan, Leavy, O Donoghue and a few others really stand out and are more than just hype as well as the few who will play this year after already gaining huge experience playing a year under last year

• Advertisement

Cian Romaine has made great progress this year and is a vastly improved player, the thing is what his best position is though? Is he a second Row or a 6? One of those players on the cusp of not being big enough for second Row. McVeigh is a good player but I would not put him as a shoe in at all. Gaffney should be there as he is a returning player from last years JWC.

The one Connacht player not mentioned is Rory Maloney and I would have him as a cert, but you never know. It will be interesting to see if Carolan picks a few more Connacht lads?

Maloney hasn't progressed enough for me, watched him play for the eagles the last game at the Sportsground and I was unimpressed.

Romaine has to be second row for WC, maybe not longterm he'll be big enough for 2nd row.
    6ft5 is borderline in modern day senior level rugby.

Maloney hasn't progressed enough for me, watched him play for the eagles the last game at the Sportsground and I was unimpressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

Be great if the games were moved to the all weather pitch in donnybrook. Easier to get to for at least some of the fan base(did athlone suit anybody really?) The pitch surface as well should be an improvement. The time of year the games are played Dubarry park looked like a swamp at times.

FrannoFan wrote: »
    Be great if the games were moved to the all weather pitch in donnybrook. Easier to get to for at least some of the fan base(did athlone suit anybody really?) The pitch surface as well should be an improvement. The time of year the games are played Dubarry park looked like a swamp at times.
    Yeah, the home matches last season were especially difficult with appalling weather and a heavy surface. Maybe going back to the origins of the Dubarry arrangement for U-20's, perhaps it was considered a 'home' advantage to slow down large visiting teams. However, the reality is that in recent years the Irish teams have been considerably less bulky but probably more agile and with better basic ball skills throughout. A dry surface is now most likley a bigger advantage to the current Irish U-20's and especially against England and France who are our visitors this season.

Romaine has to be second row for WC, maybe not longterm he'll be big enough for 2nd row.
    6ft5 is borderline in modern day senior level rugby.

Romaine doesn't have to be one of the second rows for 20s this year. There is quite a few who could be used in 2nd row - Frank B Ryan from Munster, Donnan, Dwan
    I disagree. We should have internationals spread around the country somewhat and not all in Dublin. Athlone was great as new venue, decent enough pitch at times.

Romaine doesn't have to be one of the second rows for 20s this year. There is quite a few who could be used in 2nd row - Frank B Ryan from Munster, Donnan, Dwan
    I disagree. We should have internationals spread around the country somewhat and not all in Dublin. Athlone was great as new venue, decent enough pitch at times.
    Yes it is good to spread representative games around the country but Dubarry was never cutting it as a good enough facility for supporters and the pitch itself well I have to differ with you.

• Advertisement

Yes it is good to spread representative games around the country but Dubarry was never cutting it as a good enough facility for supporters and the pitch itself well I have to differ with you.
    Dubarry worked fine. What isn't good enough about the ground? Decent enough stands either side of pitch, fine club house at end of ground. Is it simply because it isn't Dublin that is the issue as you have to travel a few hours to get to the game? If we were back in the old days when international weekends would have 5/6 internationals every weekend of the 5/6 nations then maybe moving the 20s to Dublin would be ok but its not. If we were back in the days when the As played every or nearly every weekend of 6 nations, we had a universities, etc all playing every weekend then it would be fine but its better for Irish rugby to have some internationals in Athlone/Limerick/Cork/Galway

Dubarry worked fine. What isn't good enough about the ground? Decent enough stands either side of pitch, fine club house at end of ground. Is it simply because it isn't Dublin that is the issue as you have to travel a few hours to get to the game? If we were back in the old days when international weekends would have 5/6 internationals every weekend of the 5/6 nations then maybe moving the 20s to Dublin would be ok but its not. If we were back in the days when the As played every or nearly every weekend of 6 nations, we had a universities, etc all playing every weekend then it would be fine but its better for Irish rugby to have some internationals in Athlone/Limerick/Cork/Galway
    No like many Dublin based fans I have no difficuty in crossing the Shannon to follow good rugby. The stand on one side is reasonable but to call the one on the other side 'decent' is stretching it especially in the kind of downpours we had there for the Scottish and Welsh games last season. Thomond Park/Musgrave Park/Ravenhill all perfectly fine. I better throw in the Sportsground as well before you really come at me. But this year a guaranteed dry pitch will suit us against England and France given our promising backs and mobile pack. That's just about stacking the deck in our favour and not a slight on supporters west of the river.

No like many Dublin based fans I have no difficuty in crossing the Shannon to follow good rugby. The stand on one side is reasonable but to call the one on the other side 'decent' is stretching it especially in the kind of downpours we had there for the Scottish and Welsh games last season. Thomond Park/Musgrave Park/Ravenhill all perfectly fine. I better throw in the Sportsground as well before you really come at me. But this year a guaranteed dry pitch will suit us against England and France given our promising backs and mobile pack. That's just about stacking the deck in our favour and not a slight on supporters west of the river.
    Im just saying we don't have to always have the Internationals in Dublin. its better to spread them around the country. It was fine years ago when there was loads of internationals on a weekend: As, Universities,
    Again on the other grounds: Bring rugby internationals somewhere different. Help use them to broaden the sport and market sport in different areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

Im just saying we don't have to always have the Internationals in Dublin. its better to spread them around the country. It was fine years ago when there was loads of internationals on a weekend: As, Universities,
    Again on the other grounds: Bring rugby internationals somewhere different. Help use them to broaden the sport and market sport in different areas.

I don't think people are saying it has to be dublin just not athlone. Pitch is not great in the middle of winter. If they rotated between the provincial grounds it would be great and would increase attendances. A few hours on a Friday night just isn't feasible for most people to watch a 20's team they might be interested in seeing live but when it is on tv why go all the there?

took this from the irishrugby website...

IRELAND UNDER-20S:

The Ireland Under-20s, sponsored by PwC, will play their opening home Six Nations fixture against their French counterparts at Dubarry Park, Athlone on Friday, February 13, 2015 and move to Donnybrook for their second home match against England on Friday, February 27, 2015.

• Advertisement

I like it when rugby is brought away from the traditional areas, but at the same time the conditions last season really didn't allow the players to show what they can do.

took this from the irishrugby website...

IRELAND UNDER-20S:

The Ireland Under-20s, sponsored by PwC, will play their opening home Six Nations fixture against their French counterparts at Dubarry Park, Athlone on Friday, February 13, 2015 and move to Donnybrook for their second home match against England on Friday, February 27, 2015.
    If its true about playing the French in Dubarry in the wet and the mud in Dubarry then it is dumb in the extreme and just shows how little the IRFU learn from their mistakes, like spending a coupe of days in Dublin training instead of getting to Auckland earlier to acclimatise ahead of the opening JWC game with France which was played on the 4th day in country for the Irish.

I don't think people are saying it has to be dublin just not athlone. Pitch is not great in the middle of winter. If they rotated between the provincial grounds it would be great and would increase attendances. A few hours on a Friday night just isn't feasible for most people to watch a 20's team they might be interested in seeing live but when it is on tv why go all the there?
    Pitch is allright in winter and like most club ground. I don't think rotating between provincial grounds is ideal either as provinces play some 6 nation weekends and that just makes hassle. Playing the games in Dubarry Park has been excellent. A home for the 20s and they've done well there
    Hopefully in 2015 they'll be back with all 3 games in Athlone
    I like it when rugby is brought away from the traditional areas, but at the same time the conditions last season really didn't allow the players to show what they can do.
    But conditions could still be crap in Dublin and all weather pitch or not its a shame we have yet another game in Dublin. It was fine when the As and several other international sides used to play on 6Ns weekends but when there is so few internationals its a shame to have yet another one in Dublin
    If its true about playing the French in Dubarry in the wet and the mud in Dubarry then it is dumb in the extreme and just shows how little the IRFU learn from their mistakes, like spending a coupe of days in Dublin training instead of getting to Auckland earlier to acclimatise ahead of the opening JWC game with France which was played on the 4th day in country for the Irish.
    Why do you assume it'll be wet and muddy for French game? Im sure the IRFU and coaches etc knew what they were doing wrt Auckland and I don't see it having been a factor in how the French game went.

But conditions could still be crap in Dublin and all weather pitch or not its a shame we have yet another game in Dublin. It was fine when the As and several other international sides used to play on 6Ns weekends but when there is so few internationals its a shame to have yet another one in Dublin

It could well be crap in Dublin, but there's no doubt the percentage chance of crap conditions is much greater out in Athlone. It is a shame, but in my opinion it's a greater shame when you have a game like the Welsh one that was just ruined by the conditions. I fully believe we were the better team and would have won if the conditions weren't so dreadful.

Pitch is allright in winter and like most club ground. I don't think rotating between provincial grounds is ideal either as provinces play some 6 nation weekends and that just makes hassle. Playing the games in Dubarry Park has been excellent. A home for the 20s and they've done well there
    Hopefully in 2015 they'll be back with all 3 games in Athlone

Why do you assume it'll be wet and muddy for French game? Im sure the IRFU and coaches etc knew what they were doing wrt Auckland and I don't see it having been a factor in how the French game went.
    I can't beleive you are asking why I think it would be wet and muddy on that poorly drained pitch in this country in the middle of February? As for the affect of the lack of adaption time for the Irish team in NZ had on the outcome of the first game against France in the JWC last season, players said they were not close to test match fitness only 4 days after a 26 hour journey with no sleep and an 11 hour body clock time adjustment. All the other main teams arrived at least 7 days in advance of their first games. Its called preparataion, planning and attention to detail. Things Joe Schmidt insists on in his World. So playing U-20 matches on the best pitch possible, to my mind falls into this domain too.

Dubarry Park is the spiritual home of the u20's. Think its a shame they are moving games to Donnybrook. Maybe its just an experiment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Landsdowne players will be more familiar with the 4G pitches. ;)

I took this from another website Titled - A list of players who may be involved with Ireland under-20 this year.

Props
    •Oisin Heffernan(Leinster)*
    •Jeremy Loughman(Leinster)
    •Andrew Porter(Leinster)
    •Michael Lagan(Ulster)
    •Angelo Marica(Ulster)
    •Liam O’Connor(Munster)
    •Mike O’Donnell(Munster)
    •Conan O’Donnell(Connacht)
    •Conor Kyne(Connacht)

Hooker
    •Sean McNulty(Munster)*
    •Jack McKenna(Leinster)
    •Zack McCall(Ulster)
    •Pat O’Toole(Connacht)

Lock
    •David O’Connor(Leinster)
    •Alex Thompson(Ulster)
    •Frank Bradshaw Ryan(Munster)
    •Cian Romaine(Connacht)

Backrow
    •Conor Oliver(Leinster)
    •Josh Murphy(Leinster)*
    •Nick Timoney(Leinster)
    •Lorcan Dow(Ulster)
    •Ross Todd(Ulster)
    •Ben Kilkenny(Munster)
    •Rory Moloney(Connacht)*
    •Marc Kelly(Connacht)
    •Stephen McVeigh(Connacht)

Scrumhalf
    •Nick McCarthy(Leinster)*
    •Charlie Rock(Leinster)
    •Conor Young(Ulster)
    •Jack Cullen(Munster)*
    •Conor Lowndes(Connacht)

Outhalf
    •Ross Byrne(Leinster)*
    •Sean O’Hagan(Ulster)
    •Thomas Quinlan(Munster)
    •Gearoid Lyons(Munster)

Centre
    •Gary Ringrose(Leinster)*
    •Harrison Brewer(Leinster)*
    •Fergal Cleary(Leinster)
    •Conor McKee(Ulster)
    •Sam Arnold(Ulster)
    •Paul Kiernan(Munster)

Wing

•Cian O’Donoghue(Leinster)
    •Jack Owens(Ulster)
    •Jacob Stockdale(Ulster)
    •Greg O’Shea(Munster)
    •Ciaran Gaffney(Connacht)*

Fullback
    •Billy Dardis(Leinster)*
    •Jack Power(Leinster)
    •Stephen Fitzgerald(Munster)

There will be other players drafted in as the season progresses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

.ak wrote: »
    Landsdowne players will be more familiar with the 4G pitches. ;)

I was led to believe that Lansdowne pitch was 3g. Not as good as the new Donnybrook pitch.

Morf wrote: »
    I was led to believe that Lansdowne pitch was 3g. Not as good as the new Donnybrook pitch.
    Correct. Back Pitch in Lansdowne is 3G while the 2 pitches in Donnybrook are the newer and better 4G versions,

• Advertisement
Advertisement