Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Schools Cup 2014/2015 *mod warning post 1*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Bridge93 wrote: »
    The open play has been very exciting agreed

But Belvo will lick tere lips at some of the defence and they've got a brilliant attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭albacrypts

The standard of rugby has been awful today. Kicking, tackling and fielding have been dreadful

What exactly do you expect for such a stormy day. If Ireland were playing All Blacks up the road from here today I bet there would be more handling errors than usual and something less than champagne rugby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

albacrypts wrote: »
    What exactly do you expect for such a stormy day. If Ireland were playing All Blacks up the road from here today I bet there would be more handling errors than usual and something less than champagne rugby

That doesn't excuse the number of poor kicks and awful tackling

its_phil wrote: »
    But Belvo will lick tere lips at some of the defence and they've got a brilliant attack.

No matter what result today Belvo deserve to be favourites for final based on their history and pedigree but we will only know how both sides of draw are matched after the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Yes!

Howlett's been picking good lines all day and it pays off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

There were no "sides of draw" as it was redrawn every time.

Game on now again.

20-19 to CCR

So close

That doesn't excuse the number of poor kicks and awful tackling

Wind affect kicking standard and when windy your mind is thinking chasing back for kicks as opposed to 100% focused on tackling whats in front of you.

Both sides eaqully guilty today which also suggests weather factor.

There were no "sides of draw" as it was redrawn every time.

There are still 2 sides to draw the half Belvo came through and the half todays winner will come through. Draw after each round was only a timing factor.

Have to say looking dogy for Roscrea now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭ken76

Huh? there is an open draw after each round so there is no side to the draw as explained

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

He means the path to the final rather than sides of the draw.

Wind affect kicking standard and when windy your mind is thinking chasing back for kicks as opposed to 100% focused on tackling whats in front of you.

Both sides eaqully guilty today which also suggests weather factor.

The wind does not affect tackling, especislly when the majority are in close or when players are running the ball. Kicking is not even going through the defenders heads. That would only be an issue with wingers.

Unless the forwards are kicking the ball are they?

What about the team with the wind missing tackles? They're not thinking of chasing kicks back.

ken76 wrote: »
    Huh? there is an open draw after each round so there is no side to the draw as explained

The only thing that changed in timeing of draw so there are still two sides of eight teams that finalists will come from. Belvo will be the best of Belvo, Clongowes, Michaels and other 5 teams knocked out of this half of competition. Winner today will be best of Roscrea, Newbridge, Blackrock, Andrews and other 4 teams from this half.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kildaremum

Is there much time left to play

kildaremum wrote: »
    Is there much time left to play

Over Roscrea win 20-19

This tension is doing my head in. I need a strong drink from Kiely's do they deliver ?

Haha. Tim Foley does a Cipriani on the final interview.

Forget about the poor kicking and missed tackles, someone needs to tell these lads to quit it with the undercuts. Appalling stuff.

Correction

I need a strong drink to celebrate do Kiely's deliver or do I have to go there.

Roscrea just about deserving of the win I'd say. Difficult to see them beating Belvo but you never know.

• Advertisement

what was said in the interview?

what was said in the interview?

He just let a f*ck slip out.

He sounds like he's from Cork?

Difficult to see past Belvedere for the final with those 2 tough games with the knocks and injuries as well as the effort. Roscrea don't seem to be able to play for 70 minutes - were in and out of the game with an over-reliance on their forwards. They don't seem to back themselves in the backs at all.

So predictions for the Final? I think the Roscrea pack could cause Belvo trouble, but surely Belvo will have too much class

Really poor year summed up by a very poor game today.Belvo will walk it now.

I wouldn't be so quick to etch Belvo's name into the cup. This will be Roscrea's first ever final. People had Michael's as clear favourites but Clongowes put them away. Then people had Clongowes as favourites and Belvo put them away. It would seem there is no clear favourite this year. If Roscrea were able to beat Blackrock and Newbridge, then I think they're capable of getting a win over Belvo.

• Advertisement

Hagz wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so quick to etch Belvo's name into the cup. This will be Roscrea's first ever final. People had Michael's as clear favourites but Clongowes put them away. Then people had Clongowes as favourites and Belvo put them away. It would seem there is no clear favourite this year. If Roscrea were able to beat Blackrock and Newbridge, then I think they're capable of getting a win over Belvo.

I think they were in 99 and 2011 final

I think they were in 99 and 2011 final

Correction, they've been in 4 finals. Don't know what made me think it was their first!

Must be great to have been in Roscrea this past 5 years. For seniors 2 finals, 1 semi and 1 robbery. They are a a good bet at almost 3-1

Correction, they've been in 4 finals. Don't know what made me think it was their first!

Correction 5 finals now

1910 beaten by Blackrock
    1941 beaten by Newbridge
    1999 beaten by Blackrock
    2011 beaten by CWC
    2015 v Belvo

Nobody has lost more finals with zero wins

Correction 5 finals now

1910 beaten by Blackrock
    1941 beaten by Newbridge
    1999 beaten by Blackrock
    2011 beaten by CWC
    2015 v Belvo

Edit: 2015 beaten by Belvo.

• Advertisement

Correction 5 finals now

1910 beaten by Blackrock
    1941 beaten by Newbridge
    1999 beaten by Blackrock
    2011 beaten by CWC
    2015 v Belvo

Will loose again against Belvo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

to be fair, to reach 5 finals is some achievement for such a small school - I can think of a few bigger rugby schools , that have no finals , certainly in my memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Will lose again against Belvo
    Wouldn't be so sure on that. They have a gargantuan pack and its a final. They have a very good shot at it.

4 teams to have never won a schools senior title competing this year in the finals, one in each province. Will any of them win a first cup?

Correction 5 finals now

1910 beaten by Blackrock
    1941 beaten by Newbridge
    1999 beaten by Blackrock
    2011 beaten by CWC
    2015 v Belvo

Nope. 4 finals.

They haven't been in the 5th yet. ;)

Wouldn't be so sure on that. They have a gargantuan pack and its a final. They have a very good shot at it.

4 teams to have never won a schools senior title competing this year in the finals, one in each province. Will any of them win a first cup?

If Belvo can compete with Roscrea up front and get 40% of possession their backs will tear them apart, which I think they will.They managed well against a decent clongowes pack.

Will loose again against Belvo

I know for the southside boys that it is deeply shamefull to lose to someone outside Dublin. Would it be equally shamefull for Belvo to lose to a bogger school that also plays stick ball from the wilds of Offaly with a postal address in Tipperary. If Belvo lose how long will one have to wait for the "Hitler is pissed off" video

I know for the southside boys that it is deeply shamefull to lose to someone outside Dublin. Would it be equally shamefull for Belvo to lose to a bogger school that also plays stick ball from the wilds of Offaly with a postal address in Tipperary. If Belvo lose how long will one have to wait for the "Hitler is pissed off" video

Yes it would

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭InsideatAnimo

Speaking of the stick sport; Apparently they also qualifiedlified for an All.Ireland hurling final this week as well.

Obviously underdog for the final v Belv but sporting credit due nonethelessdconsidering very small enrollment.

Their local bus company laughing as they are back up the road tomorrow v Terenure for JCT semi -again underdogz.

Speaking of the stick sport; Apparently they also qualifiedlified for an All.Ireland hurling final this week as well.

Obviously underdog for the final v Belv but sporting credit due nonethelessdconsidering very small enrollment.

Their local bus company laughing as they are back up the road tomorrow v Terenure for JCT semi -again underdogz.

I heard they are poaching the best players from the Kilkenny clubs.....

Love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Lobby Con Shine

Just back from the match.

It was poor fare but the conditions were awful.

I think the final will pan out much the same as these last two games. Belvo will have a better backline but anyone who thinks the current Belvo pack will live with that Roscrea pack is kidding themselves. That Roscrea pack will dominate any team it plays against.

Looking forward to the feast of St. Patrick immensely.

Just back from the match.

It was poor fare but the conditions were awful.

I think the final will pan out much the same as these last two games. Belvo will have a better backline but anyone who thinks the current Belvo pack will live with that Roscrea pack is kidding themselves. That Roscrea pack will dominate any team it plays against.

Looking forward to the feast of St. Patrick immensely.

Belvos pack aren't half bad either

Yep and beating Mayo's finest hurlers to get there too!

The final will be decided on how much possession Belvo get and how well Roscrea get on top of Belvos pack.

I think it will be closer than the bookies will give it credit for. But Belvo are correctly favourites.

its_phil wrote: »
    Yep and beating Mayo's finest hurlers to get there too!

Haha, it's really impressive that they can compete at the top in two sports the way they do. Would hurling or rugby be the predominant sport in the school?

Edit: and is there any crossover in the teams generally?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Haha, it's really impressive that they can compete at the top in two sports the way they do. Would hurling or rugby be the predominant sport in the school?

Rugby is definitely top. Think there is only a small number involved in both sides. Tynan and one or two others play both.

They're only playing in the 'C' championship to be fair but it's good to see with rugby's growth at the expense of hurling over the past few years. It was even for a while but getting to the final in 2011 and the quality of hurler at the school falling, lead to the school priortising rugby over hurling IMO.

There are a few crossovers alright. Four from the team that beat Newbridge today were playing on Saturday against Ballyhaunis in Ballinasloe.

972182.jpg

The cheek of it. Belvo have a duty now to bury these guys next week. This is the Leinster school's cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

972182.jpg

The cheek of it. Belvo have a duty now to bury these guys next week. This is the Leinster school's cup.

they spelled Connacht wrong

• Advertisement

FrannoFan wrote: »
    they spelled Connacht wrong

The majority of their starting XV are Munster lads.

Advertisement