Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transfer Viva extension request possibilities?

Options
  • 21-07-2014 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

hi all,
    I'm almost two years into a part-time research based PhD and I'm scheduled to have my transfer viva in 5 weeks, but the problem is that I am not as far advanced as I wished that I was. This is mainly down to the difficulty of juggling a full-time job and a young family whilst simultaneously trying to get a sample chapter completed prior to the interview. Im wondering would it be acceptable to request that the transfer viva be rescheduled to Jan when the next round of interviews will take place? Personally, i do not think that I will be able to do myself or my research justice in the interview and the academic writing produced would be rushed and below a standard I would expect to be able to produce.
    Any advice would be welcomed.
    Thanks

Advertisement