Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 25 Season 3 -Super Bowl

Options
  • 21-07-2014 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Perrin,

So its Eagles against the Chargers. When suits you for this?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Knex. wrote: »
    Hey Perrin,

So its Eagles against the Chargers. When suits you for this?
    Whats your day like tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Whats your day like tomorrow?

I could be pretty late home today, which may rule it out. Does tomorrow after 8 suit?

Things looking a bit better for today, so say I might be able to play tonight if you're around, Perrin.

Things looking a bit better for today, so say I might be able to play tonight if you're around, Perrin.
    Ya I'll be around tonight,tomorrow will be iffy though.

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Ya I'll be around tonight,tomorrow will be iffy though.

Yeah, I can play for sure today. Any time after 7, I would think.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I can play for sure today. Any time after 7, I would think.
    Yeah I can get on after 7 too

Perrin wins 23-17, in Overtime, to take the Super Bowl for the 2nd year running.

He has a video of the game that he will throw up in a week or two, I believe, but I feel it was well deserved. I went 10-0 up, after recovering a fumble from a big hit by Chung, which helped swing matters my way. Had a lot of big hits over the game, but that was the only time the ball came loose.

Perrin could have picked me perhaps four times, and can feel aggrieved that he didn't, tbh. A missed field goal right at the end of regulation kept the Eagles in it, but once Perrin won the toss I had a feeling that was that.

Couple of times I felt like I had everything covered only for him to find a tight window, such as the TD to win it, and other times he confused me to hell, or I was usering the wrong player, and he took full advantage.

Could get nothing going on 1st and 2nd down, and was somehow almost infallible on 3rd, much to both of our amusement. I had two punts, one of which put him on his own 7. Very next play, he hits one for 50 yards or so! Definitely feel Perrin is the deserved winner here.

Great game mate, and enjoyed the chat and the craic as well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Well done Perrin but knex a serious achievement getting to the bowl mate

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Well Done Perrin, but also a huge well done to knex, considering you were without Foles and Jackson, its some achievement to get to the superbowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Well done Perrin and hard luck Knex.

Fantastic achievement for Perrin to have an undefeated season with a team he only picked up at the start of the season and the same goes for Knex getting to the Super Bowl in his first year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yeah, well done to both. Perrin for winning again with a relatively poor team and Knex for taking him all the way to overtime.

Great Game Knex,
    Honestly at 10-0 down after the fumble and dropped pick by Butler I thought I was gone out of it even at that stage.
    Your usering with Kendrick in defense was excellent(as was the diving pick he made),often taking away both my 1st choice and 2nd choice targets and as you say you were almost infallible on 3rd downs too,completely 4 or 5 in a row I think too.
    Everytime you completed a 3rd down in my head I was thinking
    "But I made all the right moves, didn't I?
    theoldmanandthelisa8.png

Man thinking back that fumble on the first possession really threw me off,I had planned to go deep on a few balls to test your safeties out but after the fumble I threw that out the window,even on D I ended going into coverage defenses alot through pure fear of McCoy,didn't get to blitz half as much as I liked,well rattled I was :pac:
    That TD you scored 4 and 2 was a thing of beauty too,most would have gone with a run up the middle or quick pass to the flats but I never saw the pass to the endzone with the game on the line coming(although I secretly hoped that Weddle would make a play on it).
    Also you were very unlucky that Barwin didn't make that pick in OT,he just didn't seem to react or something.

Adding to that making the superbowl in your first season in the league is very impressive and it'll be a real shame to lose you for the next madden.

Again Great game and good chat too.

p.s
    The tackle by your safety on my WR at the end of the 2 quarter reenacted

p.p.s Lets not mention the missed FG from 22 yards.......I've actually missed from 18 before :pac:

Have no idea how that hit didn't force a fumble, or a least a dropped pass. Never hit someone so hard in Madden. It looked ridiculous!

Yeah, was a bit of a weird game in the way the deep pass was never really thrown by either of us. My DB's and safeties have become ball hawks in recent weeks, and when they weren't intercepting they were breaking up passes, but I have a long history of blown coverages to go with that!

You shut me down more than I was able to do for you, and a few ints should really have gone your way as well, so I have absolutely no complaints about the outcome. Just happy it was close :pac:

Boards Superbowl XII maybe? I dunno,I just took a guess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

You missed that fg on purpose?

empacher wrote: »
    You missed that fg on purpose?
    No I just got caught in 2 minds,thought 8 wind direction was way more powerful that it actually is,even so being that close I dont even know why I pushed it so far right,hell I dunno what I was thinking.
    Whats worse a week before that I missed one from 18 yards!!
    Field goals..my achilles heel

grandpa-simpson-yelling-at-cloud-simpsons-funny-pictures.jpg

Feels a little weird watching that. I see so many mistakes, for one thing! :pac:

Cheers for the editing/uploading though, Perrin. Nice work mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I see so many mistakes, for one thing! :pac:

This is why hes the madden king, he sits in his room and tapes all his matches so he can analyse everyone of them play by play by play by play.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Great work Perrin.

That user pick from Knex :eek:

Advertisement