Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R585 speed limit

Options
  • 22-07-2014 1:01am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads,

While travelling between Macroom and Dunmanway I travelled along a section of the R585 where the speed limit signs read 100km/h

Were these correct as it was a regional road? Seemed strange to me, never seen a 100km/h R road before

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

What stretch of road had the signs? ie from glaun to dunmanway is 100kph.(the last 10 or so miles before you get to dunmanway.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Marked in image here.

I was under the assumption all R roads were 80km/h.

I know R roads far better than this road and it didn't strike me as one that would be one of the best R roads (very bumpy, narrow and windy)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Yep thats right the junction on the bottom left is the road to bantry.
    Bantry and dunmanway to copeen is 100k,it is 80k to the main road after that,dont know why.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Newland Cross to Naas. Three lane highway 100 km/H

Mitchelstown to Mallow, disaster of a road, much double white line 100km/h.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

marno21 wrote: »
    Marked in image here.

I was under the assumption all R roads were 80km/h.

I know R roads far better than this road and it didn't strike me as one that would be one of the best R roads (very bumpy, narrow and windy)

I was only thinking the same lately it's absolutely ridiculous given the state of the road plus a lot of car's travelling way to fast on it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

The 'national route' between Glengarriff and Killarney, marked as 100 !

The 100 sign just before you hit Youghal Bridge from the Waterford side, if you were not familiar with the road !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Xantia wrote: »
    The 'national route' between Glengarriff and Killarney, marked as 100 !

!

My first driving lesson many moons ago was on that road :rolleyes:

Advertisement