Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home insurance - leak from shower

Options
  • 22-07-2014 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I am hoping someone will be able to offer advice. I currently have a leak from a upstairs shower. I bought my home in march of this year and just have noticed a leak, previous owner never mentioned any kind of leak before the sale.

I am insured by rsa via bank of ireland.*
    There is quite alot of damage done, i.e joists, ceiling and i think water has some how run under the floor into the room opposite the shower as there now is a moldy smell and as of today mold can seen on furniture. my policy has the wording which excludes the gradual ingressing of water regarding shower leaks. ive only lived in this house 5 months.*I feel due to this its pointless submitting a claim.

just hoping if anyone has had a similar problem could they tell me if a home insurance claim is possible

any help is appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

miranda192 wrote: »
    I am insured by rsa via bank of ireland.*
    my policy has the wording which excludes the gradual ingressing of water regarding shower leaks.

Have you not just answered your own question? If the policy excludes the gradual ingress of water from a shower leak, then how would you claim?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Miranda- I am closing your thread.
    It is not allowed to open multiple identical threads in different fora.
    While I accept you are a new member- and may not be fully cognisant of how this website operates- there are forum charters governing how different fora operate- you would do well to read these charters prior to posting.

Regards,

The_Conductor

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement