Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tullamore Harriers Half Marathon 30th August

Options
  • 22-07-2014 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

Anyone else going to do this or have feedback from previous years?

Going to use it as a tune-up race 7 weeks out from Amsterdam Marathon

IMG-20140512-WA0002-199x300.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Not sure. Toying with the idea at the moment. I'm signed up for the Frank Duffy 10 mile the week before, and the Phoenix Park HM three weeks after. I'll have to see how the training is coming along the next while, and then decide if I can (or want to) add it in to my schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

I did it last year. All in all I would recommend it. Really liked the club feel to it. Bit tight in starting area so make sure you're well positioned.
    Liked the idea of finishing with a lap of the track, a novelty for a newby runner like I was.
    Nice area to warm up and have a chat in the grounds of the club just of the road where the start was. Plenty of parking as well. From memory, there was a few rolling hills but nothing excessive :)

http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/370869689

• Registered Users Posts: 32 thebestone

i ran it last year. a fair course with a few drags but no hills. very well organised with super friendly marshals and great food afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭66_Lad

Planning on doing it...have the 10 miler in PP wk before also. Sounds like decent club race which I like to support.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭66_Lad

Planning on doing it...have the 10 miler in PP wk before also. Sounds like decent club race which I like to support.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

My first half marathon, can't wait. Heard many positive reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Really enjoyed this one last year. Real club feeling to it. For 25 euro I got a great day. Parking was simple. Really well organised. Course is a real neg split course. 2nd half been easier. I put this race very close to the dungarvan 10 that how highly I rate it. Showers after it. 63 miles from my house and I would travel to this without a thought. Food after it was top class and I mean plenty of whatever you wanted. They even had chairs outside to sit down. Finish in The track is a nice touch. 5 stars for me. Proves that you don't have to rip of people to run a great event. I love supporting club events

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭useurowname

Only two weeks to go now. I did it last year, great run, very well organised from very good facility, food and showers after so you won't go home starving and stinking. Nice course too, no long inclines.. all said one of the better halfs' in the calender.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

Have signed up myself. It's 4 weeks out from the Berlin marathon but I reckon I'll give it a bit of a go anyway to see where I'm at with my training and pacing. Will be a good test! I'm looking forward to it now after all the positive reviews.

It's good value at €25, even if I do have to drive half way across the country to get there. There's hardly a t-shirt, is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Have signed up myself. It's 4 weeks out from the Berlin marathon but I reckon I'll give it a bit of a go anyway to see where I'm at with my training and pacing. Will be a good test! I'm looking forward to it now after all the positive reviews.

It's good value at €25, even if I do have to drive half way across the country to get there. There's hardly a t-shirt, is there?

There was last year. My favourite t-shirt to wear now actually.

http://tullamoreharriers.com/fixtures/ says there is 1 this year too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭jonny99

Yep.pink i believe :D

jonny99 wrote: »

What the :eek:

martyboy48 wrote: »
    I did it last year. All in all I would recommend it. Really liked the club feel to it. Bit tight in starting area so make sure you're well positioned.
    Liked the idea of finishing with a lap of the track, a novelty for a newby runner like I was.
    Nice area to warm up and have a chat in the grounds of the club just of the road where the start was. Plenty of parking as well. From memory, there was a few rolling hills but nothing excessive :)

http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/370869689

Hey Marty, I was trying to look at the route in mapmyrun but it's saying you've made it private. Any chance you could change that setting so I could have a nose??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Sorry about that. Thought all my runs were public... That should do it there :)

It is now, thank you very much! Very much appreciated.

Cheers Marty and well done on that time!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭mylifetoday

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Sorry about that. Thought all my runs were public... That should do it there :)

Thanks for that Martyboy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Good luck to all tomorrow. If ya see me pop over and say hello. I'm the tall skinny fella in a bright orange/red Mizuno singlet

jonny99 wrote: »

1958161_841035335920651_3596201074379256322_n.jpg?oh=287a67edc1f1e22a91f63fd232fabef1&oe=545B1527

10616723_841035379253980_5599417693958914240_n.jpg

Nice medal thou

10645066_841028472588004_3645161234524714069_n.jpg?oh=c5236bff549c0c8f4eeee2e2beb4c1d2&oe=5463CA9D&__gda__=1415589547_b2352b8dfd1d7763a3f7e95f0fcf049c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Are there pacers for this?

Is it ok to sign up there tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Good luck to all running this tomorrow (especially my fellow Berliner's :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

They had pacers last year, imagine they would this year

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭jonny99

Yeah there are pacers , up to 2.10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

yaboya1 wrote: »

+1....and of course, enjoy!

Registration 10-11am @ 35euro.

Hope I can make it not feeling the best at the moment :(

Ran 1:23:33. Over the moon with result as didn't leave it all on the course. Full report to come after I come off the high. Sub 3 in Amsterdam is looking good now

viperlogic wrote: »
    Ran 1:23:33. Over the moon with result as didn't leave it all on the course. Full report to come after I come off the high. Sub 3 in Amsterdam is looking good now

Look forward to the report.
    Well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭loughie

yaboya1 wrote: »
    FBOT01 wrote: »
    +1....and of course, enjoy!

1:21:02 for me today! Nicely setup for Berlin. Great race and setup. Some spread afterwards. Definitely one for the calendar.

Jury definitely out on the top. Heard a couple of girls talking afterwards saying '"its a bit pink isn't it"

• Advertisement

loughie wrote: »
    1:21:02 for me today! Nicely setup for Berlin. Great race and setup. Some spread afterwards. Definitely one for the calendar.

Jury definitely out on the top. Heard a couple of girls talking afterwards saying '"its a bit pink isn't it"

Great stuff.
    Well done!

Advertisement