Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are the photography mods gone?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Hi,

I just read through that topic, you named it "Stop Israel’s slaughter in Gaza! [Pics]"

(Awesome pictures btw)

Seems to me that someone took the topic as it's labelled the way it is, as a discussion on that, rather than the pictures. Give the mods some time, we're volunteers so we're not at your beckon call 24 hours a day. If the charter has been broken you can be assured that the Photography mods will rectify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Hi
    That was the actual name of the protest, If I go to a gig or a protest I always use the exact name that the organisers/promoters have called it.
    I have used the photography forum 7-8 years now and I did wait 12 hours before I complained....and all the while his propaganda crap is there for all to see.
    Thanks for the compliments on the pics though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

No worries,

I guessed as much with the title alright :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I've closed it but will leave it for the mods to clean as they choose, though I'd like to suggest a couple of things.

Azwaldo55 clearly thought you were posting the pictures of the rally in support of the rally, rather than purely from a photographic perspective. It's a live issue at the moment and it cropping up all over Boards. And just because someone posts a lengthy opinion that does not equate to yours doesn't make it propaganda.

He should have stayed out of the thread, though, imo.

Photography forum is a photography forum, if a fellow photographer posted an Israeli rally I wouldn't wade in with Palestinian propaganda I would head off to the politics forum if I felt the need to rant.
    But he has done what he set out to do and that's to leave several propaganda posts in a non political thread.
    I'm just disappointed at him getting away with it when I've been suspended previously for like behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I've no doubt the Photography mods will deal with it in due course (have PM'd them), so suggesting someone is 'getting away' with something is a little dramatic.

It's up now 16 hours.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

And the mods have real lives to take care of first. Dades has already said he's PMd them, I'm sure they'll deal with it when they have time.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Photography forum is a photography forum, if a fellow photographer posted an Israeli rally I wouldn't wade in with Palestinian propaganda I would head off to the politics forum if I felt the need to rant.
    But he has done what he set out to do and that's to leave several propaganda posts in a non political thread.
    I'm just disappointed at him getting away with it when I've been suspended previously for like behaviour.

Unfortunately with such an emotional subject, on both sides, things like that can happen. I don't know if that poster is a regular and should know better, but anything Israel and Palestinian is likely to attract drive by style posters, or passionate believers on either side.

It's best not to get into a debate, nobody "wins" and the photos stand for themselves. Always great to see a peaceful protest.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I think Ropedrinks response on thread is probably the best overview of what has gone on and a good response.

It's one thing to post photo's but you don't own a thread even if you created it. If someone hijacks it the correct response is to report and ignore. By countering the "propaganda" with your own poltical view point changes the thread sligthly as you have now engaged in a political discussion and its snowballed from there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement