Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comms headset with wrong Jack

Options
  • 22-07-2014 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

Guys

hopefully someone has come across this. I have a Motorola XTN radio and was given a throat mic but the mic has a 6.35mm (1/4 inch ) jack. Anyone know if i can pick up a stepdown adapter or will I have to replace teh jack on the mic?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

Faolchu wrote: »
    Guys

hopefully someone has come across this. I have a Motorola XTN radio and was given a throat mic but the mic has a 6.35mm (1/4 inch ) jack. Anyone know if i can pick up a stepdown adapter or will I have to replace teh jack on the mic?

You can get adapters - I used one before for a Nokia headset. The issue will be if the mic plug conforms to the standard being used on the radio's jack. The majority of adapters are just a pass through so the trrs config on the plug and jack need to match. If not you can get the trrs plugs and jacks in maplin cheap enough to do a diy job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

cheers dude

off to maplin i go so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

turns out i might actually not have everything i need. I might need to get teh PTT yoke that plugs into teh handset and then into teh mic

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

If you do a search for the trrs pinout you could make your own. I did a post before on it I think

Advertisement