Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Phone signal or broadband - waiting weeks now

Options
  • 22-07-2014 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi, 

I made an order of broadband and phone on the 26th June. Was promised by Nicole that somebody would call me to retrieve direct debit instructions - Problem 1 - nobody called within 5 days so I had to phone and give the details. Johnathon put this through the system and I received a modem in the post within 3-5 days.

The phone line was dead but I gave it some time and phoned again to ask what the story is. I was informed that a mail would be sent so that somebody would contact me or look into this. No contact ! Also the person on this call was rude, unhelpful and generally incompetent.

I made a fourth call, this time to Dylan who informed me that in this case as the line connection has not worked he will ask for an engineer to contact me for house visit. I was informed the timeline would be 5 working days. That was last week. Today is tuesday (7 working days later) and nobody has contacted me.

At present my phone line is still dead and there is no dialtone.

I have been incredibly patient but it seems nobody in Eircom is willing to help me.

Rgs

Richard

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

cagefactor wrote: »
    Hi, 

I made an order of broadband and phone on the 26th June. Was promised by Nicole that somebody would call me to retrieve direct debit instructions - Problem 1 - nobody called within 5 days so I had to phone and give the details. Johnathon put this through the system and I received a modem in the post within 3-5 days.

The phone line was dead but I gave it some time and phoned again to ask what the story is. I was informed that a mail would be sent so that somebody would contact me or look into this. No contact ! Also the person on this call was rude, unhelpful and generally incompetent.

I made a fourth call, this time to Dylan who informed me that in this case as the line connection has not worked he will ask for an engineer to contact me for house visit. I was informed the timeline would be 5 working days. That was last week. Today is tuesday (7 working days later) and nobody has contacted me.

At present my phone line is still dead and there is no dialtone.

I have been incredibly patient but it seems nobody in Eircom is willing to help me.

Rgs

Richard
    Hi cagefactor

I'm very sorry to hear of this - do please PM me your eircom account number and I will look in to this for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭cagefactor

I'm very sorry to hear of this - do please PM me your eircom account number and I will look in to this for you.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi, Have you looked at this ? I sent you a PM last week with the account number. Still nothing from Eircom for this installation. 

Thanks
    Al
    Hi, Have you looked at this ? I sent you a PM last week with the account number. Still nothing from Eircom for this installation. 

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Cagefactor

I can see that there is an order raised for an engineer to complete the works and activate your service (order ref 6686596CH), I have escalated this to controllers requesting urgency on this. Although I am still awaiting a confirmed date I have been advised that it will be done within the next 72 hours. I would also like to assure you that upon activation of the service all charges applied before this date will be cleared and you will only be billed from the date of activation of the service by the engineer.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

Hi Alan, Thanks for your efforts. I've not received any bills but I was wondering about it

Hi Alan, Thanks for your efforts. I've not received any bills but I was wondering about it
    No worries cagefactor

I will continue to chase this up and keep you updated on any information made available.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

I think we are at 65hours now and nothing done- No phone calls, nobody called to the house (likely they would have to phone me to find which property is mine).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

I think we are at 65hours now and nothing done- No phone calls, nobody called to the house (likely they would have to phone me to find which property is mine).
    I am looking in to this at the moment cagefactor. I will be back later today.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

My apologies that we have not had information on this yet cagefactor. As soon as I get a reply on this I will update.
    Tony

Hi Tony,

Even though informed by two agents I would not receive any bills and on this thread today I received guess what, a bill.

Strangely this is numbered bill #2, I have never received bill #1.

At the top I see 4th July Amount Outstanding - 31.72. What is this ?

There are charges 28.45 for ''eircom package charges'' and 19.68 for ''service and connection charges''(dated 10 Jul to 3 Aug).

If this comes out of my account within 14 days as letter says and I still have no service I will not be happy. I have no service, what do I have to do to get one?

Rgs, 

No update?

• Advertisement

Hi guys, can I get an update? Is it that difficult to get someone out to the house ? Is there nobody working ? It is now 5 working days since I was told there would be action within 72 hrs.

Loosing all hope with eircom at this stage.

No comments/updates from any representatives in here so I rang Eircom last wednesday. Order 1527756 was created, was promised engineer would call within 48 hrs. Today is Monday, 4 working days later - as expected nobody has called. I rang Eircom, Aaron has escalated the ticket he said. I believe its been escalated 3-4 times now but still nobody has called me. Will wait until Wed to see if any action on this.

What an woeful customer experience this has turned out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

No comments/updates from any representatives in here so I rang Eircom last wednesday. Order 1527756 was created, was promised engineer would call within 48 hrs. Today is Monday, 4 working days later - as expected nobody has called. I rang Eircom, Aaron has escalated the ticket he said. I believe its been escalated 3-4 times now but still nobody has called me. Will wait until Wed to see if any action on this.

What an woeful customer experience this has turned out to be.

I'm having a very similar situation to you except I haven't even received a modem. I'm waiting over a month.
    Customer service is an absolute joke.
    It's like they want there customers to go to other providers.
    I run a business and so do a few friends and we use eircom and right now I am considering cancelling the business account and switching providers and telling everyone I know to aswell. I've posted in this section earlier and I'm waiting to see will any rep contact me or probably just pass it off again like they do on the phone.

That's crazy, I received a modem within 3 days but waiting 6 weeks I think thus far for a technician to fix whatever is wrong with the phone line.

We were told we would receive a modem but were still waiting and the customer service reps dont have a clue whats going on at all. Some of there attitudes are disgraceful.

Guys, Can you check what is going on with order 1527756. Why is nobody looking at this ? I was told response time is 48hrs, it has been 5 working days thus far. Why is it seemingly impossible to get a technician to someones house ?

Rang the service number, the first guy Colin/Colm put me on hold then never come back, wasted 20 mins before I hung up. 

Rang again, was talking to Patrick who said the order wasn't setup correctly. He then recreates the order and says "10 WORKING DAYS". This is completely outrageous. I didn't have a go at Patrick as it's not his fault but this is just a farce at this stage.

I'll give this until Friday until I create a Comreg complaint.

In addition the 90€ was withdrawn from my account despite the fact I was informed by Alan on this ticket that no charges would be made. I was also told this on the phone by Tony back in July. 

The general incompetence is incredible, different answers from the customer service depending on who you talk to. In addition the representatives on boards.ie have been silent, unresponsive and unhelpful.

Rang the service number, the first guy Colin/Colm put me on hold then never come back, wasted 20 mins before I hung up. 

Rang again, was talking to Patrick who said the order wasn't setup correctly. He then recreates the order and says "10 WORKING DAYS". This is completely outrageous. I didn't have a go at Patrick as it's not his fault but this is just a farce at this stage.

I'll give this until Friday until I create a Comreg complaint.

In addition the 90€ was withdrawn from my account despite the fact I was informed by Alan on this ticket that no charges would be made. I was also told this on the phone by Tony back in July. 

The general incompetence is incredible, different answers from the customer service depending on who you talk to. In addition the representatives on boards.ie have been silent, unresponsive and unhelpful.

I've had that issue that the order was not set up. I was told they couldn't find the order and had to order again. After reading about your story I'm starting to think that's what they say when orders are delayed to make the system look better.

I thought the reps on this were supposed to be helpful same as when you ring the eircom reps don't know what's going on. Talk to eircom and the reps are as slow.

I rang again today demanding I be put through to management and I've been told it will be sorted tomorrow.

Complaint to Comreg made because of complete incompetence

I got the modem finally yesterday but only because I was screaming and shouting demanding I speak to a manager and telling them I was going to another provider. There seems to be one or two decent helpful people in eircom but from my experience the magority do not have a clue whats going on and are very unhelpful. `i suggest you ring them up and demand to speak with a supervisor or manager. It can take a while to get through to someone in supervisor / management position but its worth the hassle. 

• Advertisement

Had someone call to the house on friday at 6pm, a contractor from another company. He installed a line tester and went down to the exchange which is about 300 meters from my house to find the line. Unfortunately it got late and he wasn't able to find - He said the information he got from eircom was incorrect (cabinet number, line identification number). He informed me he'll have to try again today or one of his colleagues will be around.

He also said I probably can get upgraded fiber package if I'm directly connected to the exchange. Will update if anything happens.

Update : Nobody called monday or tuesday after friday evenings visit. Typical.

Thats bloody unreal. Get back onto eircom and demand to speak to a manager. I cant uderstand why there customer service is so poor and lookat all the replies we have made on this post and nothing recently from any eircom rep.

Got a response from ComReg. 

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]We have raised your case with eircom. A member of their complaints team will be contacting you directly to discuss the matter. [font=Calibri, sans-serif]They will also need to respond to ComReg. We will review the details of your individual complaint and if appropriate, will intervene with the operator to re-examine the complaint in light of any relevant regulatory obligations. [/font][font=Calibri, sans-serif]Please note that while there is no regulated timeframe in which the operator must respond, most cases are closed within two weeks and there are escalation procedures in place should we fail to receive a reply.[/font][/font]

Had someone call to the house on friday at 6pm, a contractor from another company. He installed a line tester and went down to the exchange which is about 300 meters from my house to find the line. Unfortunately it got late and he wasn't able to find - He said the information he got from eircom was incorrect (cabinet number, line identification number). He informed me he'll have to try again today or one of his colleagues will be around.

He also said I probably can get upgraded fiber package if I'm directly connected to the exchange. Will update if anything happens.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi cagefactor

I genuinely apologise for the delays with this, I will escalate this as far as possible and request upmost urgency from operations. As soon as I have more information on an appointment I will let you know right away.

Al[/font]

Engineer came today, luckily somebody was at home as no notification was given for appointment. He went off to look at the connecting pole and fixed the issue lying there. My phone line was working when he fixed it, broadband is also working. I phoned eircom to sort out the billing for this period as I was charged since order date until today and was promised a credit note on the next bill cycle.

The Engineer also mentioned that fiber upgrade should be available for me. However the line checker says "address not enabled". Graham on support said he will investigate why that is the case as my area is well covered.

Engineer came today, luckily somebody was at home as no notification was given for appointment. He went off to look at the connecting pole and fixed the issue lying there. My phone line was working when he fixed it, broadband is also working. I phoned eircom to sort out the billing for this period as I was charged since order date until today and was promised a credit note on the next bill cycle.

The Engineer also mentioned that fiber upgrade should be available for me. However the line checker says "address not enabled". Graham on support said he will investigate why that is the case as my area is well covered.
    Hi cagefactor

I'm glad to hear it's working now, apologies for all the inconvenience caused so far.

Al

Advertisement