Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube Buffering and general performance of eFibre

Options
  • 22-07-2014 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hello

We have been an eircom customer for a bit and yesterday because it is the same cost as our original package upgraded to efibre.

Installation went fine but unfortunately we are just a bit to far form the connection and speed is only 18mb/s compared to the 13mb/s  we already had which is a bit disappointing but at least upload has increased form 0.8 to 4 ish.

Anyway  the problem I am having is with youtube which at this speed I should be able to play at 1440p but even at 1080p I am getting poor loading and buffering especially at the start of the videos which was not happening before so is there any settings I can play with to improve this 

Thanks Bean

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

beanzoo wrote: »
    Hello

We have been an eircom customer for a bit and yesterday because it is the same cost as our original package upgraded to efibre.

Installation went fine but unfortunately we are just a bit to far form the connection and speed is only 18mb/s compared to the 13mb/s  we already had which is a bit disappointing but at least upload has increased form 0.8 to 4 ish.

Anyway  the problem I am having is with youtube which at this speed I should be able to play at 1440p but even at 1080p I am getting poor loading and buffering especially at the start of the videos which was not happening before so is there any settings I can play with to improve this 

Thanks Bean

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi beanzoo

Yes, the youtube issue should definitely not be occurring - there should be no buffering at all. The best advice I will be able to offer is to get in touch with technical support right away. They can be contacted on 1890260260 or via webchat here [/font]
    http://www.eircom.net/about/contact/

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement