Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Petrol In and Around the City/Suburbs

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

just passed Topaz in Douglas village this morning 128.9 for petrol :eek:

filled my car yesterday in esso on the south link it was 122.9 for petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

In case anyone is still following this thread:

Lee Garage (Model Farm Road): 118.9 for diesel
    24-Hour place on Kinsale Road, across from Harvey Norman: 117.9 for diesel
    Great Gas Turners Cross: 119.9 for diesel but they accept Tesco vouchers which give you either 5c or 10c off per litre (have to spend €50 or €100 in Tesco to get voucher).

Definitely feeling the benefit of falling prices now - haven't bought diesel for under €1.10 for a long time!

BTW, I was in England at the weekend and noticed that petrol is cheaper (a lot cheaper, about 10p per litre) than diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭thejuggler

113.9 for Diesel in Applegreen Ballincollig

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

121.9 for petrol in the Topaz in Ballincollig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

127.9 at Esso on South Link again, and I use them as a benchmark so the prices are probably on the income again. Feck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Yeah, I hadn't filled up in a week plus and the prices have gone from 125 to 130 in westlink pouldauff. :( It's the same price as the prices in the town nearest to me which are usually a few cent more expensive than in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

byronbay2 wrote: »
    In case anyone is still following this thread:

Lee Garage (Model Farm Road): 118.9 for diesel
    24-Hour place on Kinsale Road, across from Harvey Norman: 117.9 for diesel
    Great Gas Turners Cross: 119.9 for diesel but they accept Tesco vouchers which give you either 5c or 10c off per litre (have to spend €50 or €100 in Tesco to get voucher).

Definitely feeling the benefit of falling prices now - haven't bought diesel for under €1.10 for a long time!

BTW, I was in England at the weekend and noticed that petrol is cheaper (a lot cheaper, about 10p per litre) than diesel.

Well, it looks like the halcyon days are over - nice while it lasted anyway!

24-hour place near Harvey Norman: 122.9
    Great Gas Turner's Cross: 124.9
    Lee Garage: 122.9

Did get diesel for 115.9 in Applegreen Ballincollig last Sunday, mind you.

Great Gas Turners Cross is usually grand and cheap, an unfathomable 1.33 when I passed yesterday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

i got petrol for €1.27 in Esso on the south link yesterday evening. €1.33 is ridiculous! is that because they take the 5c vouchers from tesco i wonder :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

yep, it took weeks of one cent drops to appear but overnight there seems to be increases in 5 cent blocks :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭kooga

cartel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Yiikes

Didnt take long to shoot up 10c at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Need a fill of diesel..light is on..are they all much the same today on the southside?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,032 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Colser wrote: »
    Need a fill of diesel..light is on..are they all much the same today on the southside?

Link road is generally cheapest on South side.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

Chloris wrote: »
    It costs me €50 to fill up my 1.2l Opel Corsa since before Christmas. I always go to the Esso on the South Link. It gets me a minimum of 500km. Unreal.

Esso south link was taken over by topaz hence the massive price increases.

On a point of principle I never go to a topaz they seem to lead the way in increases and the others follow .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,032 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

ROY RACE wrote: »
    Esso south link was taken over by topaz hence the massive price increases.

On a point of principle I never go to a topaz they seem to lead the way in increases and the others follow .

When did this happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

When did this happen?

this was first mentioned in the news around xmas time.

It was all signed off by the competition authority back in march I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Good bye Esso, end of story, no intention of paying Topaz prices...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

bogman wrote: »
    Good bye Esso, end of story, no intention of paying Topaz prices...

No intention of dealing with Fathead O'Brien or the Cowan knacker.

• Advertisement

I've started noticing the increase in Esso petrol prices. The Applegreen beyond Glanmire is dirt cheap currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

If ur in west Cork fill up, 136.9/l for petrol in Leap today, Cork prices seem to be 141.9 regularly use that station and have no issues, good quality fuel and fair pricing, cheerio Esso in the South Link road.

The difference in cost is staggering when you consider that you are paying around 24c per gallon more

Advertisement