Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgot to take money from ATM

Options
  • 22-07-2014 11:35am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

I stupidly walked away from the ATM yesterday without taking my €20. I called the bank (BOI) and they told me my account should update today, assuming nobody actually took the money.

Checked my balance and it's not there yet, which makes me think the worst. However the ATM was not a BOI ATM, so I'm just wondering if it takes longer to go back into my account in that case?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Was there anybody behind you in the queue, if so it's gone I'm afraid, happened to me on a night out a couple of years ago, €150 down the drain, was so gutted.

Have never made the mistake again.

If it wasn't picked up then it will credit back to your account you'll just have to wait a couple of days to be sure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

No one behind me, it was early yesterday morning in a garage. There was no one else around either, if the money was retracted within say a minute then I'd be confident no one took it.

The girl from BOI told me it retracts after about 20 seconds? Here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Different bank could mean it will take a few more days alright.

Your best bet would be reporting it to the bank I.e. If it is an ub ATM, ring them and ask them to check the returns on that ATM.

If it is a garage one it may not be detected until next time it is filled I.e. At that point it will be noted there is a €20 in a reject bin. Plus an entry on the log showing it is yours...they will then have to send it back to your branch/account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I've had ATM glitches take a day or two to fix, one thought i took out 200 euro when i only asked and received 100. Another time i asked for 50 euro and the ATM crashed and i had to go into the bank and fill in a form.

What ever happens be thankful it was only 20.

Advertisement