Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre only available to Direct Debit customers?

Options
  • 22-07-2014 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi there,

I reveived a letter from Eircom which advised me that eFibre was now available in my area and a broadband upgrade is now due.

When I went to the Eircom website to order my package, it only allows direct debit customers to order eFibre. 

I have been an Eircom customer for years and have turned down offers from other companies because of my satisfaction with the service I receive. I do not have a direct debit account and never will.  I just find it very annoying that Eircom are only offering eFibre to DD customers only.

Will it ever be rolled out to customers who are not on Direct Debit anytime soon?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi there,

I reveived a letter from Eircom which advised me that eFibre was now available in my area and a broadband upgrade is now due.

When I went to the Eircom website to order my package, it only allows direct debit customers to order eFibre. 

I have been an Eircom customer for years and have turned down offers from other companies because of my satisfaction with the service I receive. I do not have a direct debit account and never will.  I just find it very annoying that Eircom are only offering eFibre to DD customers only.

Will it ever be rolled out to customers who are not on Direct Debit anytime soon?
    Hi TheIrishClassic

I can confirm that direct debit is a specific condition of an efibre upgrade and at present there are no plans to change this condition. I can understand your feelings on this and I will of course pass all feedback on this to operations.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭jos22

Hi there,

Hi TheIrishClassic

I can confirm that direct debit is a specific condition of an efibre upgrade and at present there are no plans to change this condition. I can understand your feelings on this and I will of course pass all feedback on this to operations.

Thanks
    Al
    may be Eircom should add that  Direct debit  is an requirement in the letter that is being sent out.  it only notes the 18 months contract is an requirement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Hi there,

If you have a current account it will accept direct debit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

jos22 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Hi TheIrishClassic

Thanks
    Al
    may be Eircom should add that  Direct debit  is an requirement in the letter that is being sent out.  it only notes the 18 months contract is an requirement.

Hi jos22

I understand your feelings on that however the order cannot be placed without agreeing to direct debit - it's ultimately at the choice of the decision maker before committing to the service.

Al

Advertisement