Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre Castlebellingham

Options
  • 22-07-2014 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

Hi just wondering whats happening with eFibre in castlebellingham exchange I live in Dromiskin and according to rollout map we need two cabinets to be installed, 3 others for the exchange have been installed. Any idea whats happening as exchange is meant to go live in September.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

raytaxi wrote: »
    Hi just wondering whats happening with eFibre in castlebellingham exchange I live in Dromiskin and according to rollout map we need two cabinets to be installed, 3 others for the exchange have been installed. Any idea whats happening as exchange is meant to go live in September.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi raytaxi
    [/font]

I've double checked this and I can confirm that efibre should be going live by mid September. While this date signals the date of when efibre first goes live there not all areas will be able to avail of an upgrade as works to cabinets will be ongoing over the next year but the cabinets done by September will be going live then. I've contacted efibre operations who have informed me that there is yet to be an greed date for Dromiskin but there definitely is plans to bring a cabinet to be stationed in Commons Grove, while there is no agreed date operations do feel it should be in early 2015.
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

What is delaying the rollout in dromiskin do you know ? I know the sub-duct was done with the rest of the exchange, I live in Commons Grove and was talking to some one in planning well over a year ago and told 6 months at the time. 

What is delaying the rollout in dromiskin do you know ? I know the sub-duct was done with the rest of the exchange, I live in Commons Grove and was talking to some one in planning well over a year ago and told 6 months at the time. 

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi raytaxi

I've asked operations this however I'm afraid the best information I could obtain was that they will be unable to offer or detail reasons for infrastructural and network expansion delays although they have made it clear that there are plans to have efibre available in Commons grove by early 2015.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 25 AyJay

Hi,

Just drove through Dromiskin this evening and there are two new cabinets just installed. One beside Tig Hig and one on Commons Road near Commons Grove. Didn't notice them there this morning.

According to fibre map castlebellingham, dunleer blackrock all live now 
    :)

• Advertisement

Yeah, I wouldn't trust the map. When I moved from UTVInternet back over to Eircom, fibre for Dromiskin was scheduled for June, then pushed back to July, then October and now September. At least we're starting to see some movement with the new cabs going into the village.ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

AyJay wrote: »

Yeah, I wouldn't trust the map. When I moved from UTVInternet back over to Eircom, fibre for Dromiskin was scheduled for June, then pushed back to July, then October and now September. At least we're starting to see some movement with the new cabs going into the village.ðŸ˜
    Hi AyJay
    yes there have been some delays and amendments to availability dates. There are a number of factors which affect these dates. We continue to push for earliest dates in all areas.
    Tony

Hi AyJay
    yes there have been some delays and amendments to availability dates. There are a number of factors which affect these dates. We continue to push for earliest dates in all areas.
    Tony

Tony,

Is there a problem with efibre to Dromiskin? According to the eircomwholesale website, the cabinets in Castlebwllingham, Annagassan and Kisaran have all gone live on 1/10/14 but there is still no sign of the two cabinets in Dromiskin going live.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi AyJay
    Tony

Tony,

Is there a problem with efibre to Dromiskin? According to the eircomwholesale website, the cabinets in Castlebwllingham, Annagassan and Kisaran have all gone live on 1/10/14 but there is still no sign of the two cabinets in Dromiskin going live.

Thanks.
    Hi AyJay, 

I've checked the roll out files and I'm afraid that Dromiskin is not on the 2014 roll out phase, the next file is due mid 2015 so feel free to come back to us then and we'll check this again for you. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Hi 
    Just looking for an update on CBM1_003, I see its live now on eircomwholesale map. But not able to order have you any idea how long to wait now ?

• Advertisement

Hi
    Just looking for an update on CBM1_003, I see its live now on eircomwholesale map. But not able to order have you any idea how long to wait now ?
    Hi raytaxi

It's provisionally planned to go live in December. This date is not guaranteed as unforeseen circumstances can occur but all going to plan so far :)

Al

Hi Al,

I take it that timeframe is true for CBM1_005 too as it is also in Dromiskin and showing live on eircomwholesale.ie?

Cheers.

AJ.

Hi Al,

I take it that timeframe is true for CBM1_005 too as it is also in Dromiskin and showing live on eircomwholesale.ie?

Cheers.

AJ.
    Hi AyJay

Yes exactly -  very same situation as above :)

Al

Alan 
    Just to let you know according to your own eircomwholesale map all the cabinets on castlebellingham exchange are now live which includes the 2 in dromiskin. Is that a mistake on the wholesale map ? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Alan 
    Just to let you know according to your own eircomwholesale map all the cabinets on castlebellingham exchange are now live which includes the 2 in dromiskin. Is that a mistake on the wholesale map ? 
    Hi raytaxi

Just looking at this. I have no reason to believe that this is a mistake on the Wholesale map. As efibre is rolled out on a phased basis and guaranteed dates are not given to individual addresses I believe it is possible that while a Cabinet may be efibre- enabled the service may not be yet ready to be ordered for everyone connected to that Cabinet.

thanks
    Colm

Advertisement