Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCPS parking refuse to accept calls when notified of recording

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭db

Do they have an automated answering system? If so, you could inform them that you are recording the call while you are still on the automated system. If it is OK for their automated system to tell you they are recording the call, surely it is OK for you to inform them at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

db wrote: »
    Do they have an automated answering system? If so, you could inform them that you are recording the call while you are still on the automated system. If it is OK for their automated system to tell you they are recording the call, surely it is OK for you to inform them at the same time.

A very nice idea :-) However .... it kind of negates the point or does it ? If I say it while their machine is saying it then I may as well not say it at all and just record it. The point of saying it is to test if they are playing the same hypocritical game that NCPS are playing ..
    Also would that be considered part of the call being recorded by them ? or would my statement just go unrecorded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭cmssjone

Piliger wrote: »
    A very nice idea :-) However .... it kind of negates the point or does it ? If I say it while their machine is saying it then I may as well not say it at all and just record it. The point of saying it is to test if they are playing the same hypocritical game that NCPS are playing ..
    Also would that be considered part of the call being recorded by them ? or would my statement just go unrecorded.

Wouldn't matter if it was recorded by them or not. It would be on your recording and, as they did not hang up after you stated it, they have implicitly agreed to the recording. After all they use this very same tactic on you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Five Lamps

I agree. Which makes their refusal to take a call similarly described by me quite bizarre don't you think ?

It does make you wonder if the calls are being recorded or, if there are, that they have the control to make them conveniently disappear.

If you are making a clamping appeal, it's probably better to do it in writing. I made an appeal before - took two letters to get it through. They'll give a standard no to start off with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Five Lamps wrote: »
    It does make you wonder if the calls are being recorded or, if there are, that they have the control to make them conveniently disappear.

If you are making a clamping appeal, it's probably better to do it in writing. I made an appeal before - took two letters to get it through. They'll give a standard no to start off with.

Generally they are recorded and access to them is limited to management.

As I said previously this has absolutely nothing to do with clamping ... :confused:

As I said previously this has absolutely nothing to do with clamping ... :confused:

Mea culpa. What is the nature of the dispute that justifies the conversation to be recorded.

BTW - it may have been answered in this thread but DCC do not licence clampers to operate on private property.

Mea culpa. What is the nature of the dispute that justifies the conversation to be recorded.

BTW - it may have been answered in this thread but DCC do not licence clampers to operate on private property.

There was no dispute whatsoever involved I was just ringing them on a very minor matter unrelated to clamping or parking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

They know they operate in an unlicensed area and with the possibility that they will be legalized they do not want to expose themselves to a possible legal case where they may lose and set the precedence..

Hence they act the way they do!

• Advertisement

There was no dispute whatsoever involved I was just ringing them on a very minor matter unrelated to clamping or parking.

OK, so why the fuss about recording the call?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭cmssjone

OK, so why the fuss about recording the call?

The OP is simply stating that it is hypocritical for the company to state that they may be recording the call and not giving you the same opportunity. If they want the option to record the call why shouldn't you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

cmssjone wrote: »
    The OP is simply stating that it is hypocritical for the company to state that they may be recording the call and not giving you the same opportunity. If they want the option to record the call why shouldn't you?

Agreed years ago. I ordered a serviced and stayed home waiting for the installer who did not turn up. A few days later I got a calling asking why I was not home, which I was, asked them to call address out to me, matched my postal address exactly check me doorbell myself, working perfectly so was fuming arranged a new appointment still no show. At this stage myself and my flat mate agreed to give the operator one more chance. At this pointed when they called I put them on speaker phone so my flatmates could hear the conversation. They threatened to disconnect the call because I put them on speaker phone. The cheek of them to be honest.

Bloody cheek is right !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,709 ✭✭✭jd

Armelodie wrote: »
    Maybe you could be cheeky and still put an FOI request for their recording and even if they claim later they never sent one, you could say "yes you did I have the recording here"?
    It's not FOI in this case, this is a Data Protection issue.

Advertisement