Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cards splitting (again)

Options
  • 22-07-2014 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Hi,

my visa debit card has started to split just above the chip. The card is about 7 months old and replaced a card that split in exactly the same place. The card is used extensively but it "lives" in a wallet all of the time when it is not in use. The wallet is never in a back pocket to the card isn't being stressed when I sit down. None of my other cards (some of which are much older) have begun to split. I use a PKI card at work (with a chip in exactly the same place and stored the same way) and it shows no sign of splitting and this card would be used as frequently as the visa debit card.

Has anyone else experienced a card splitting like this? I don't see what else I can do to try and keep it safe.

I know that it is only €8 to get a replacement, but surely a card shouldn't fail like this so soon?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi delos,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie

We're sorry to hear your card has begun to split again for you. 

If it's a case where the card is breaking and it is not related to general wear and tear, please call into your branch and our colleagues in the branch will be happy to look into this further for you. 

You can order a replacement card online if you are registered for Bank of Ireland 365 Online by going to the Online Service Desk and choose Re-order Debit card. Alternatively you can call Bank of Online 365 on 0818 365 365 and a representative will be able to order you a new card. 

Please let us know if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement