Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Statements

Options
  • 22-07-2014 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi,

Can you please help me with the following.

I know you can only request statements going back 6 or 7 years?

but I need statements going back 9 years. Is it possible to get these? or is it even possible to say get an annual balance on say the first of the first each year?
    thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi gud

Thanks for your query today.

You can go back and retrieve the last 7 years statements on your account. Apologies, it is not possible to retrieve further back than this for statements or account balances.

Also to mention, there is a charge for duplicate statements. The first page is E3.80 and each page after is E2.50

If you have a personal account, you can register for eStatements online, you can find more information on this here 

To order duplicate statements for a personal account, you can log into Bank of Ireland 365 Online and select the Online Service Desk facility. Within this facility, please select the 'Order Duplicate Statements' option from the drop down menu. Alternatively, a Bank of Ireland colleague can order these over the phone for you on 0818 365 365 / 00353 140 44000.

If you have a business account, you can call your branch here 

Any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 48 gud

How can i prove what capital i held in 2002, for auditing purposess. where the onus is on me to show statements as proof.

I find it hard to believe that somebody somewhere can not check the history of a bank account and print the page off. I mean it's not as if this is being done for free, you are charging customers for it. In the era we live in surely the computer system have this information stored.

I know when the Department of social protection are dealing with estate cases the have legisaltion from the government to ask for statements for accounts going back 20 years and further, and by law the banks have to supply these details or be prosecuted.

so the argument that banks can not go back any further is wrong.

this 7 year thing appears to have only happpened since the banking crisis and is just away of getting the publics money to bail them out, and in return give the same public much less of a service for more money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi gud

As your query is very much account specific, we would ask you to contact a Customer Advisor within your branch here to discuss this further.

Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement