Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible for me to remotely open an account for my 15 year old (US citizen) dau

Options
  • 22-07-2014 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi - My 15 year old daughter will be participating in a student exchange program this fall.  She is a US citizen and will be attending school in Ireland for the entire academic year (2014-2015).  To avoid exchange fees each time she withdraws from an ATM, I'd like to open a Bank Of Ireland account for her.  Is this something I can do for her BEFORE she arrives in Ireland? If so, what's the process?  (I've trolled through the site and can't find any guidance unique to my situation.)

Help?!

Thanks!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi jdeppen,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie and for your interest in opening an account with us for your daughter. 

To open an account for your daughter, you will need to contact a Bank of Ireland branch. This could be near where your daughter will be living or close to the school she will be attending. You can find our branch locations here

Our colleagues in branch will be able to provide you with the forms necessary to open your daughter's account and also advise what documentation will be needed to open it.

You can also find the features of our 2nd Level Student Accounts here  

Please let us know if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement