Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting Youtube Channel About Ballistics, Longer Range Shooting, Etc

Options
  • 22-07-2014 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Came across this youtube channel and thought some of you might find it interesting. It's dealing with aspects of long range shooting but the same can be applied to 300-600 yards also.
    Didn't want to put it in target shooting as it might be missed by the hunters that just want to push their range a little further or learn new things.

Some of it can be a little intense but hopefully ye can pick up a few tricks to get you pushing your limits and improve your shooting.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJUaiRIEduNXoal2_PkBZi0vDCIcEPxUn

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Dian Cecht

Skimmed through a few of his videos.................another wannabe I reckon :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭badshot

yeah i've watched a fair few of his videos
    a wealth of info in them
    he did a great review of different scopes
    in one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Dian Cecht wrote: »
    Skimmed through a few of his videos.................another wannabe I reckon :rolleyes:

A wannabe what? is the information in his videos incorrect? i have seen the majority of them and i dont see much wrong with them. In fact i would say these are te best videos in relation to long range shooting on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Holdover

Had a look at some, very good and he goes into great detail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

Rex has been around for a while now and is a wealth of information. As for the wannabe comment, I think that says more about the poster than Rex.

• Advertisement

juice1304 wrote: »
    A wannabe what? is the information in his videos incorrect? i have seen the majority of them and i dont see much wrong with them. In fact i would say these are te best videos in relation to long range shooting on youtube.

You have your opinions, I have mine.
    bravestar wrote: »
    Rex has been around for a while now and is a wealth of information. As for the wannabe comment, I think that says more about the poster than Rex.

As I said above you have your opinions, I have mine. And what exactly does it say about me so? This is going to be interesting :rolleyes:

I bet you two shoot at Midlands ...................................

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Nightforce 65X55

Now im lost. What does that have to do with rex reviews on you tube ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

TBH I like this guy's videos:

https://www.youtube.com/user/sierra645

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

You have your opinions, I have mine.

As I said above you have your opinions, I have mine. And what exactly does it say about me so? This is going to be interesting :rolleyes:

Im not going to get into what it says about you since that would be attacking a poster, rather than the post. You believe he is a wannabe, thats fine.

I believe having a go at someone who puts that much time into trying to help other people, for free, says alot more about the person saying it than anything else.

Tell me, what is it that Rex has so wrong?

As for the Midlands comment, I really dont see how that relates to Rex but would you care to elaborate on the link between the two?

Going by the intent contained in the first sentence of your post above it would be futile to try and have a discussion of any kind with you.

• Advertisement

Now im lost. What does that have to do with rex reviews on you tube ?

If I need to explain it to you, you don't need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

MOD: Dian Cecht, either answer the question or don't make some obscure insinuation in the first place. You're baiting members and this is a warning to stop it.

2011 wrote: »
    TBH I like this guy's videos:

I agree , he is good ... Doesnt say anything though. Rex is also very good if you can get over the , I think , Canadian accent, but the content is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

No, I dont actally i just have an interest in long range shooting, so read and watch videos in relation to the subject fr entertainment. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well Said, There are a lot of shooters that are into long range shooting that never or rarely shoot on ranges. The internet or you tube are great sources of information for anyone interested , and the sites mentioned above are some of the better ones .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Lads, Dian Cecht has been warned for baiting, but let's just leave the whole subject of who shoots where at that, alright?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭badshot

well i shoot in midlands
    but i've never seen rex there

Lads, Dian Cecht has been warned for baiting, but let's just leave the whole subject of who shoots where at that, alright?

Never realised I was, whatever it is :confused:

Thought I simply had a different opinion.

Warning noted ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Big Buck

This guy has a vid shooting steel with a 243 at 1550 yards, and he gets called a wannabe???

THLR vids are great even without chit-chat!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Good informative view and a lot of time put into them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Ghost.

Big Buck wrote: »
    This guy has a vid shooting steel with a 243 at 1550 yards, and he gets called a wannabe???

I seen that one a long time ago. Impressive stuff. There is a lot of crap vids on you tube and guys I couldnt suffer listening too and really love the sound of their own voice. But I think his vids are some of the best ive seen and hes sharing good info. He really seems to know his stuff. Its working for him anyway.
    I definitely wannabe able to make shots like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Big Buck

I wouldn't mind what people called me if I could shoot like that! Yea a lot of crap on it too but some real good ones. Should mention nightforce65x55 and other irish video makers, nice to see a bit of irish hunting on there too, keep up the good work lads!

Big Buck wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind what people called me if I could shoot like that! Yea a lot of crap on it too but some real good ones. Should mention nightforce65x55 and other irish video makers, nice to see a bit of irish hunting on there too, keep up the good work lads!

Thanks BB. I hope you like the videos

Advertisement