Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

branch location maps

Options
  • 22-07-2014 4:27pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭

OK folks, yet another IT screw up, to add to the long list.

Just went on line to check what time BOI condescends to open to accept the few things that it does accept over the counter, ( or more likely through yet another machine) and the link makes interesting reading.

http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/help-centre/branch-locator/?search_id=43&branches=1&atms=1

According to this, the Ashbourne branch is nearly 2 Kilometers from where it actually is located. I find it very hard to believe that no one bothered to check the accuracy of the information that's shown on the web pages, someone looking for the branch that doesn't know where it it is not going to have much luck looking for it where the map shows it to be, it's not even in the town according to what's displayed here. Fortunately, I do know where the branch is, if I had to rely on this map, I'd be looking for a very long time before I found it.

Comedy of errors, almost as amusing as reading the threads about coin bags, or the business banking online application, to name just two of many threads that if they weren't serious they could have been written for Fawlty Towers and John Cleese.

Next, they'll be taking the safes out of the branches and "remodelling" them to not have cashiers at all, given that there's so little left for them to actually do now. Need cash, that's easy, there's the ATM, Lodge cash, there's the LATM, coin, that's redundant now, we don't process that.

Won't be long before branches are just a couple of machines in the corner of the local supermarket, and all the back office admin will be centralised into a few office blocks in the middle of nowhere. At least if that happens, we'll be able to get access to them at sensible hours, rather than losing at least an hour of chargeable time in order to be around when they eventually do open the doors.

Retail banking? Not any more it isn't, that concept went out of the window a while back, and with the new National Payment plan coming on stream, there'll be even less work for them to do in the branches, and renting space for machines in a supermarket is a lot cheaper than having "real" branches. 

Oh yeah, that's been tried already by people like Danske, but they've ......... gone. 

Wonder if any of the policy makers at head office have noticed. Doubt it, they are so far removed from the real world they haven't even noticed that the customers don't like them any more.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Irish Steve,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will notify our web development team to update the location of our Ashbourne branch as soon as possible. 

If you need help with any other query please let us know. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement