Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shadowman Half IM - 3rd August 2014

Options
  • 22-07-2014 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

Anyone in? Will be interesting to see if they take the feedback from last year onboard. From the new run route they seem to be trying anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭rodneyr1981

EC1000 wrote: »
    Anyone in? Will be interesting to see if they take the feedback from last year onboard. From the new run route they seem to be trying anyway.

Yup signed up. Didn't look up route yet. Is it changed from last year. If I remember correct the run was 1 km short but they planned this as Bike was 92? Stand to be corrected on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Organisers have said they are implementating feedback from last year so they appear committed to bringing it to the next level.
    A good race last year so looking forward to it again

Swim - More bouys on the swim as not enough last year
    Bike last year was 91k, I did 92.5k, went wrong at one of the last roundabouts so improving marshalling is promised. Missing bike aid station will be present this year
    Run was shortened to 19.3k on the day due to safety. It will be correct distance this time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

I'll be in the race. Actually, I reckon I'll be in the race quite a long time :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

Briefing doc is out: http://shadow-man.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/shadowmanRaceBrief2014LowRes.pdf

624m elevation gain (middle distance) :confused:
    http://www.strava.com/routes/687162

I don't know how it manages that out of such a flat looking course!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Best of luck this weekend guys. Enjoy it. #gohardorgohome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Kander

The race numbers are out. Looks to be a big increase in the numbers doing middle distance. About 300 starting this time around. Cyas there

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭kchsligo

First time doing this one. Race brief says to set up T2 and then cycle to T1. Was it the same last year? Is it as straight forward as they make it sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭rodneyr1981

kchsligo wrote: »
    First time doing this one. Race brief says to set up T2 and then cycle to T1. Was it the same last year? Is it as straight forward as they make it sound?

Worked fine for me last year. Basically your just setting up your running gear etc at T2 and cycle to T1. You will be given a box to leave at T1 which u put wetsuit, goggle etc into after swim. They will transfer while your on bike. Was there post cycle. There is also a bag drop at T1 which they will also transfer. Just make sure u leave what u need for run at T2 as u won't have time to go back. I thought it went smoothly last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

kchsligo wrote: »

Yes, and not having to go back to T1 to collect gear after means its no hassle really.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭kchsligo

Well organised event and I hope to be back again next year, conditions were not the nicest but I guess that's part of the fun of doing events in this country of ours.

Hats off to those that did a full distance on that course, by the time the bike section was done there was nothing that could have made me head out for another loop...

Came in about 10 minutes after I'd hoped but wss happy enough overall with 5.44...

• Advertisement
Advertisement