Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vortex

• 22-07-2014 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭

Last Saturday I was called for a troublesome 2 year old boiler.
    You'd smell the kerosene 100 yards away !
    90-120 Vortex on a 700sq/ft timber cladded chalet, well insulated, 7 rads !!!
    Air set at 12 on RDB
    Installed by one of the better Co.

Who needs a calculator when common sense will do ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

scudo2 wrote: »
    Last Saturday I was called for a troublesome 2 year old boiler.
    You'd smell the kerosene 100 yards away !
    90-120 Vortex on a 700sq/ft timber cladded chalet, well insulated, 7 rads !!!
    Air set at 12 on RDB
    Installed by one of the better Co.

Who needs a calculator when common sense will do ?[/QUOT
    I agree that common sense should nearly tell you what boiler to fit,but in my opinion it wont tell you what output to set it to without doing a calculation.In this case if you fitted a 50-90 vortex what output would you set it up at...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

agusta wrote: »
    [QUOTE

I agree that common sense should nearly tell you what boiler to fit,but in my opinion it wont tell you what output to set it to without doing a calculation.In this case if you fitted a 50-90 vortex what output would you set it up at...

I'd set it at 50
    House was only 700sq/ft and highly insulated.
    Plumber !! changed pump twice and thermostat once.
    Pump set high and pitching, I now have it at 1
    Had to leave boiler set at 90
    But at least it working properly now.

Advertisement