Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dart Security Guards

Options
  • 22-07-2014 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know why IE have wasted the taxpayers money on these wànkers just to stop a few messers insin't that the guards job anyway

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭markfinn

Given the levels of scumbaggery and violence on a certain line already, perhaps the hope that sufficient security would mean 2 or 3 worthwhile human beings might actually use it each week?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

Maybe because the Garda response to anti-social behaviour, not only on public transport could, at best, be described as laxadasical?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

stehyl15 wrote: »
    Does anyone know why IE have wasted the taxpayers money on these wànkers just to stop a few messers insin't that the guards job anyway

Perhaps they had to hire private security as the Gardai weren't doing their job, possibly the same reason that the Luas operator hired the same company. What we need is a dedicated transport police to deal with the scumbags on all transport but that'll never happen so the companies are forced to take action or else public transport wouldn't be public transport any longer, it'd just be a easy way for junkies and scumbags to travel around causing misery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

I just think its a bit of a waste of money having these these fellas the money could have gone to better purposes also i dont think theres anything wrong with junkies on public transport and lastly on any other public transport system in the world are there security guards have travelled all over in many countries in Europe never seen any security guards

• Site Banned Posts: 4 ?tnuocca na evah ydaerlA

the scum should be thrown on front of the Belfast Express, as in the yobs causing trouble, not the security

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

the scum should be thrown on front of the Belfast Express, as in the yobs causing trouble, not the security

Im not really agansit the security guards im agansit the fact that that IE employed them

• Site Banned Posts: 4 ?tnuocca na evah ydaerlA

Im not really agansit the security guards im agansit the fact that that IE employed them

Never said you were, I'm merely saying that if the scum were brutally killed then more people would be scared to act like that and hence no need for security and save money.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

I just think its a bit of a waste of money having these these fellas the money could have gone to better purposes

If the security guards go away and regular passengers feel unsafe, they won't use the train/tram. The money saved by the operator might not outweigh the loss in ticket revenue from passengers. Also, there may be contractual terms with the NTA which require them to maintain a certain level of safety on-board. And lastly, there's always the risk of duty of care law suits if something happens a passenger which the operator could reasonably have avoided.
    i dont think theres anything wrong with junkies on public transport

1. That's your opinion
    2. Who says they're there for junkies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Mod note: Rant thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement