Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MCE Mondello track day

• 22-07-2014 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I got an invite to the MCE track day event tomorrow. Going to take a Gixer 750 along for a laugh and I was wondering what the gear requirements are ??

Are they going to be as strict as the normal track days ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭nemoisback66

I also got an invite for today but unfortunately I couldn't attend due to work. But one of the lads I work with went to it today and its the pretty normal stuff needed.

1 piece / 2 peice leathers that zip together, Helmet and Gloves. They will do a basic scrutineering of the bikes and other than that turn up and have some fun.

I think there is some prizes and give aways to be won :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I have a half leather half textile Hein Gericke suit. Do you think I could wear that ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭nemoisback66

You might get away with it. Really depends on how much textile there is. Most importantly is that they must zip together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Are you in the morning or afternoon session KTRIC?

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Are you in the morning or afternoon session KTRIC?

The evening session

• Advertisement

Its meant to be a great day.....few lads I know did it today and they said it was the bizzo. Loads of track time and very well organised and a BBQ in the evening.

Went to the evening session and had a blast. My first time out on a track and all went well, would definitely do it again :D

One thing I will say though, a lot of the newbie group I was with paid no attention to the instructor in the briefing and overtook all over the place !! left or right, it didn't seem to matter to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Everyone seems to be getting invites for this, except for me :( Was it a competition?

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    Everyone seems to be getting invites for this, except for me :( Was it a competition?

No, it was invite only for MCE customers. I put my name down on their Facebook page and got a call.

It was an experience, TBH if it was a normal trackday in Mondello it would have been purely all the one group. No advanced riders with novice riders etc. I did not have a problem with the novices it was the advanced group that where dangerous. Very 1st session I was tipping in towards the apex and two ****heads on R1s up the inside of me!!!!! Could have been very nasty for all concerned....

I have the full 4 sessions in glorious 1440 res. and all perfect camera angles I will try and get some up asap.

• Advertisement

I blagged a free space of some dude on biker.ie so it only cost me to rent the bike for the half day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

I blagged a free space of some dude on biker.ie so it only cost me to rent the bike for the half day.

Ah I thought you brought the sprint out with you for a moment. Looking forward to the vids :pac:

Ah I thought you brought the sprint out with you for a moment. Looking forward to the vids :pac:

No way man, dont have the stones for that. Or the money to replace all them fairings.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

Well I had a deadly time, was originally signed up for the Experienced group but took one look at the riders and machines going out there and dropped to Novice by the time I reached the sign on desk.

Turned out to be a good choice as last time I was out last year I had a spill and didn't realise how rusty/nervous I was.

Went out for first session, bimbled round the place, went slow as f#ck but by session 4 I had regained a bit of my confidence and was going slightly less-slow as f#ck :D

Brilliant weather, good laugh with the lads in the garage, bike behaved itself and I didn't crash into anyone, win win all round. :pac:

Deffo worth doing especially if all the group is the one skill level......

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

Deffo worth doing especially if all the group is the one skill level......
    There were some very novice riders in the Novice group, track was like a traffice jam at times, but if you work your way to the top of the group or get out in front from the start, you basically had the track to yourself. :D

Advertisement