Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building Ireland on RTE1

Options
  • 22-07-2014 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭

It's on now discussing architecture in Waterford. It's looking good so far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Fortitude and Prudence

This 'Building Ireland' series is really interesting and very well put together. I stumbled upon it last week when they were looking at Dublin's banking halls and their architecture. Really makes you take a closer look at these buildings when you know the history behind them.

It's a pity that the series wasn't better advertised. I wouldn't have known about it if I hadn't been channel surfing at the time. It could also be on at a better time in the evening. These programmes cost money to make and they should try and get as many viewers as possible so they can make more homemade, Irish programmes in future. I think most people would find the programmes informative. Limerick's architecture is being looked at next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Its kinda Coast for the short of attention spanning, they hardly scraped the surface, that said it did tell me something new - ship building on Canada Street. Never knew about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

thought it was excellent myself. Place looked great, must have been done a while ago as baileys new street looks much better now with new stone, houses painted etc. the last one about railroad in Dublin/Wicklow was good too...RTE must have nothing to do with its production

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Plus one thought it was excellent. Nice to see Waterford’s importance to Ireland being highlighted. It’s a bit nit-picky to say “they hardly scraped the surface”, Waterford’s 1100 years old a whole series would only be scraping the surface.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Nationwide on Monday night was all about the Waterford garden trail and GIY, it's on the RTEplayer now.

• Advertisement

BBM77 wrote: »
    Plus one thought it was excellent. Nice to see Waterford’s importance to Ireland being highlighted. It’s a bit nit-picky to say “they hardly scraped the surface”, Waterford’s 1100 years old a whole series would only be scraping the surface.

What I'm saying is that such a programme really ought to be an hour long, no trouble filling it.

Waterford on the box again - Spraoi

Advertisement