Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth brooks ticket refunds?

Options
  • 22-07-2014 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi all, i bought 2 Garth brooks tickets when they first came out off a person off gumtree.
    Obviously with the concert not going ahead i want my money back. I have the persons number and i text them about it and they said they have to check it out and wats the order no on the ticket and seating etc and i gave them this info and texts numberous times and rang also and wont reply or answer the call. What can i do?im sure there is plenty people out there in the same boat who bought tickets off someone. Anyone any advice on this please? €130 is a lot of money.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

student89 wrote: »
    Hi all, i bought 2 Garth brooks tickets when they first came out off a person off gumtree.
    Obviously with the concert not going ahead i want my money back. I have the persons number and i text them about it and they said they have to check it out and wats the order no on the ticket and seating etc and i gave them this info and texts numberous times and rang also and wont reply or answer the call. What can i do?im sure there is plenty people out there in the same boat who bought tickets off someone. Anyone any advice on this please? €130 is a lot of money.

Perhaps the person is waiting for their refund, before they refund you. I know a few friends whom got tickets direct from TicketMaster and they are still waiting for a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭student89

Perhaps the person is waiting for their refund, before they refund you. I know a few friends whom got tickets direct from TicketMaster and they are still waiting for a refund.

Yeah but now they dont answer the phone dont reply to texts that sounds dodgy to me. They could just say we are waiting on the refund i wouldn't mind but no replies is not good! Im the person who should receive the refund not them.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

student89 wrote: »
    Im the person who should receive the refund not them.

You didn't buy off Ticketmaster so you've no contract with them. Your at the mercy of the person you bought them off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Unfortunately this is not so much a consumer issue as a private sale. I'm reasonably sure that any obligation to refund you they have is purely moral/ethical rather than legal. If they've received a refund and chosen not to pass it on then it'll be difficult for you to pursue.

I'd suggest ringing them from an alternate number to confirm that they're ignoring the number that they have for you. If they are then you're out of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

I'd suggest ringing them from an alternate number to confirm that they're ignoring the number that they have for you. If they are then you're out of luck.
    Second that. To put the thing to rest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Assuming the seller bought them direct, he may have his money back by now. I bought two lots for myself and family. The refund hit my credit card this morning.

I wish you well, but if you bought them off gumtree, the seller could change his number and disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭student89

Assuming the seller bought them direct, he may have his money back by now. I bought two lots for myself and family. The refund hit my credit card this morning.

I wish you well, but if you bought them off gumtree, the seller could change his number and disappear.

Believe me if i could of bought them on Ticketmaster I would have, was a joke trying to get them on it. I'll just have to keep trying to get in contact. I have the name on the ticket also

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I'm on the other end. I sold 2 tickets to a young lad via gumtree when I decided I didn't want to go to the concert. Sold for €75 each (what they cost me plus delivery). I am waiting for the guy to contact me, so I can refund him. I can't find the advert and don't have any way of getting it, as I don't even know what email/password I used (I have several). It looks like the seller has changed their mind OP and has decided to cash in.

My refund just came in this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

goz83 wrote: »
    I can't find the advert and don't have any way of getting it, as I don't even know what email/password I used
    Is there anything that was distinctive in your ad? Or 2 words together which are unusual.

You can use the google "site:" command to search an entire site, and use quotes to only find phrases with those words together.

e.g. here is a person selling tickets

http://www.gumtree.ie/a-tickets/dublin/2-garth-brook-tickets-or-1/1001156625810910320134509
    2 GARTH BROOK TICKETS (or 1)
    €50
    Post an ad like this for FREE!
    Date Listed 12/07/2014
    Face Value € 50
    Hey guys! Selling 2 tickets for 50 each of 120 for both for MONDAY!PLEASE TRY ONLY RINGING AS AM NOT ABLE TO TEXT WELL (cracked screen)! :) Wasn't sure about the certainty of whether the concert would go ahead or not so made other plans! - CARA

distinct words there are "cracked screen" and "garth"

"cracked screen" garth site:gumtree.ie

finds it right away.

Advertisement