Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

bangkok wrote: »
    like what evra moving to either juventus or inter? he went to juventus

toni kroos to united? he went to Madrid but united were in for him

man utd in discussions with Vidal? absofuc*inlutely

No proof of any of that only doctoring clippings from newspapers. If the club state they're speaking officially to a club about a player I'll believe it, but until then... nah

United were linked with Kroos well before Madrid propped up their heads. But Bayern said there was never talks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

IMO, Keane was demanding a players increase their performance levels, Rooney simply whinges at them.

Not really. Also I don't see any wrong when players shows anger on the field when they don't receive pass or when players makes wrong decision.

RVP does that too.
    Stretford spoke to the media A LOT and leaked A LOT to the media both times. Just because Rooney himself didn't say anything on the record doesn't mean he wasn't happy to let his 'camp' go running to the media for him.

It was Fergie who leaked it when the season was over. Then his agent had a field day with media.

I believe his agent was feeding stories to the press around the time of the contract talks.

Also is this not a valid quote from rooney? "I met with David Gill last week and he did not give me any of the assurances I was seeking about the future squad. I then told him that I would not be signing a new contract."

Wasn't that after Fergie's press conference that Rooney wants out and something about Cows.

Edit: Maybe I'm wrong. Rooney release statement first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Cannot wait to see how this first pre season match goes. I think I'll have a nap later and get up to watch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Last seasons form puts me off carrick, hope he can turn it around again this eason. I am aware he was very upset himself over his form last season.

Beyond that though, I just don't see him as a commanding presence in the side - he doesn't appear vocal enough, and doesn't get the players around him going.

Completely agree. Good player who had a bad season. Senior member of the squad but just doesn't seem to be vocal enough , his personality seems to match his playing style, understated (not a bad thing for playing style but not suited to captaincy I'm afraid).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

No proof of any of that only doctoring clippings from newspapers. If the club state they're speaking officially to a club about a player I'll believe it, but until then... nah

United were linked with Kroos well before Madrid propped up their heads. But Bayern said there was never talks

alex ferguson also said we wouldn't sell that mob a virus (Madrid) before we sold them Ronaldo....

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Wasn't that after Fergie's press conference that Rooney wants out and something about Cows.

2010 timeline from the Telegraph http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/8079699/Wayne-Rooneys-Manchester-United-future-the-best-quotes-of-the-week.html

Rooney started it.

Edit, saw the reply.

TBH the second time round I think it may have been Fergie being vindictive as he was on the way out (or maybe deflecting any fallout away from moyes if Rooney left that summer)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Shhh stop talking sense. Some want blind transfers to be made without assessing the squad, and they want them RIGHT NOWWWWW!!!

youve obvioulsy missed the fact that 4 of our defenders have left this summer already and need to be replaced?? we have 5 senior players for defence this year, its not rocket science to suggest what is needed so theres no excuse or justification for any further delays.

this 3 or 4 weeks to assess players is complete bulls*it when it comes to defence, there is f*ck all left to assess. we need at least 2 players there, but based on previous years injuries and squad needs, we realistically could sign 4 and still not be over stocked.

right back is the lesser of the 3 position, but at the same time i dont want another year of having Jones, Smalling and especially Valencia being the only cover there.

youve obvioulsy missed the fact that 4 of our defenders have left this summer already and need to be replaced?? we have 5 senior players for defence this year, its not rocket science to suggest what is needed so theres no excuse or justification for any further delays.

this 3 or 4 weeks to assess players is complete bulls*it when it comes to defence, there is f*ck all left to assess.

We don't need to replace all of them though, 2 defensive signings should be enough.

Giggs doesn't need to be replaced either, nor does ando when he leaves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Vidal captain for me

Cannot wait to see how this first pre season match goes. I think I'll have a nap later and get up to watch it.

Tactical sleep from at 6 till 10 should be grand at 8 tomorrow for work

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

alex ferguson also said we wouldn't sell that mob a virus (Madrid) before we sold them Ronaldo....

Regardless of that comment, it still doesn't prove without a shadow of a doubt that United had talks with Kroos.

I don't want Vidal, not yet anyway. He'll cost a massive wedge and I have doubts about his fitness short medium and long term.

Like I said last year, you would appreciate Asians more and more when you watch matches at 1:30 AM or 2:30 AM :D

We watch most of the pre season games at 1:30 AM and most of the champions league games start at 1:30 AM for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Anyone ever take any notice of comments under photos on Uniteds facebook? (not that I'd advise it) but jesus christ, Ashley Young gets an awful time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Surprised people are not all over this 'report' from tuttesport (via te Independent)

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/transfer-window/manchester-united-offer-juventus-39m-for-arturo-vidal-30454168.html

Regardless of that comment, it still doesn't prove without a shadow of a doubt that United had talks with Kroos.

Without a shadow of a doubt is too high a standard imo, as in quotes never prove that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Robin Van Persie is clearly going to be made captain. That's why Fletch is "tour captain", because RVP isn't on the tour. Only a matter of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Surprised people are not all over this 'report' from tuttesport (via te Independent)

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/transfer-window/manchester-united-offer-juventus-39m-for-arturo-vidal-30454168.html

Considering Tuttosport have claimed we've lodged about 50 bids ranging from €20m to €65m at various stages this Summer I think it's safe to assume they're talking gobobbles.

While that does lend some credence (CCR FTW!!!) he has plenty of other clients we could have been looking at
    http://www.sportstotal.com/spieler/

at a Bayern munich game?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Theres no point paying attention to Vidal stories anymore. This is just the media closing out the story they've been spinning. In the next few days they'll probably say Utd have ended their interest in Vidal.

Why do those reporters always say "take-it or leave-it bid" haha always see it. I know they're just saying thats the max they would go but it always seems like they just throw it in to add a bit of edge to it, to get more views.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Van Persie wouldn't even be in the discussion for captain if LVG wasn't in charge. Frankly I don't think Rooney or Van Persie should be made captain, their's bound to be a clash of egos either way. Give it to Carrick, Fletcher or even De Gea over Van Persie or Rooney. Their's potential fireworks their that we don't need now.

Btw this season Matty James will play in premier league for Leicester City. ManUtd academy player and a CM. I used to rate him a lot when he was at ManUtd and was surprised when he was sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Anyone ever take any notice of comments under photos on Uniteds facebook? (not that I'd advise it) but jesus christ, Ashley Young gets an awful time.

If you are going to look I recommend bringing a translator who speaks both African dialect and whatever it is they speak in Asia.

at a Bayern munich game?

That's a decent point in fairness. He has Reus in his stable though so could have been looking at someone else and talking about Reus, doubtful though.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Btw this season Matty James will play in premier league for Leicester City. ManUtd academy player and a CM. I used to rate him a lot when he was at ManUtd and was surprised when he was sold.

Yeah he was very good for them last year. Same sort of thing with Robbie Brady, I was surprised we sold him and he was having a good season last season until the injury.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Considering Tuttosport have claimed we've lodged about 50 bids ranging from €20m to €65m at various stages this Summer I think it's safe to assume they're talking gobobbles.

They have Marty Whelan spin the wheel and come up with a number. £39m is todays offer.

Take it or leave it. Lol. As you said, and I agree wholeheartedly, gobobbles of the highest order.

thelad95 wrote: »
    Van Persie wouldn't even be in the discussion for captain if LVG wasn't in charge. Frankly I don't think Rooney or Van Persie should be made captain, their's bound to be a clash of egos either way. Give it to Carrick, Fletcher or even De Gea over Van Persie or Rooney. Their's potential fireworks their that we don't need now.

Only one ego is going to be doing any clashing at the club this season and it isnt one of the players.

I'd have RvP in the discussion for captain regardless of manager btw.

The man in the last picture is a different person to the one in the others. Also Sascha Breese isn't Kroos agent, it's Volker Struth. Same company, different agent.

VS_End2.jpg

I'd say it's safe to assume that Utd held discussions with Kroos though.

“I am expecting to play for Bayern Munich next season,” Kroos told Bild. “There was a lot of speculation, but Manchester is and was not an issue. At this point in time I am fully focused on preparations for the 2014 Fifa World Cup.”

im not going any further on this but you can take it there was talks, he even mention Utd by name!!! numerous meetings with his agent, pep saying "here today, gone tomorrow" if that doesn't suggest there had been talks nothing ever will

Urge to ridicule... rising...

The man in the last picture is a different person to the one in the others. Also Sascha Breese isn't Kroos agent, it's Volker Struth. Same company, different agent.

VS_End2.jpg

I'd say it's safe to assume that Utd held discussions with Kroos though.

Wouldnt be surprised if the other lad was representing the agency though. Did you find an list of that breese lads, players cos all i found was the full stable of the agency.

• Advertisement

“I am expecting to play for Bayern Munich next season,” Kroos told Bild. “There was a lot of speculation, but Manchester is and was not an issue. At this point in time I am fully focused on preparations for the 2014 Fifa World Cup.”

im not going any further on this but you can take it there was talks, he even mention Utd by name!!! numerous meetings with his agent, pep saying "here today, gone tomorrow" if that doesn't suggest there had been talks nothing ever will

Agents talking and clubs talking two different things entirely. An agent agreeing terms doesn't matter a sheet if the clubs don't meet.

Agents talking and clubs talking two different things entirely. An agent agreeing terms doesn't matter a sheet if the clubs don't meet.

It does show that there was interest in one of the players they are repping though, and the only ones on that list we've heard about united being after are kroos and reus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Enjoy our new word while you can you shower of gobobbles. As soon as the mods figure out what we're saying I expect it will find its way into the charter. :eek:

Wouldnt be surprised if the other lad was representing the agency though. Did you find an list of that breese lads, players cos all i found was the full stable of the agency.

I'd say that's the case alright. Haven't seen any list of clients but it's definitely Struth that issues Kroos' personal statements. I've no doubt we spoke to Kroos as it appears he was speaking to quite a few clubs.

I'd say that's the case alright. Haven't seen any list of clients but it's definitely Struth that issues Kroos' personal statements. I've no doubt we spoke to Kroos as it appears he was speaking to quite a few clubs.

Just read my post when you quoted it, surprised you knew what I was asking :(

Need to start proofreading.

• Advertisement

Volker Struth is the CEO of the agency and Kroos is represented by that agency.

I think my head is about to explode!!!!

I think you've backed up that claim pretty well today tbf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

You only think your head will explode?

Will it not definetely explode?

yea but United probably went to Bayern first and asked could they speak to the player, fairly normal practice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Urge to ridicule... rising...

What did i miss???

Oh, you know, just the usual transfer bull**** going round the superthread as usual. But that's none of my business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

just wathcing his press conferance now but Van Gaal is definitely not happy with the tour and commercial side of the business, talking about jet lag and not being good for preperation for the season. talk is that next year already, he will be cutting the tour and closer to home.

"the tour was already arranged, i have to adapt, but Manchester Untied will have to adapt to my rules".

cant imagine Woodward and his boys being too impressed.

just wathcing his press conferance now but Van Gaal is definitely not happy with the tour and commercial side of the business, talking about jet lag and not being good for preperation for the season. talk is that next year already, he will be cutting the tour and closer to home.

"the tour was already arranged, i have to adapt, but Manchester Untied will have to adapt to my rules".

They must have known what he was like when they got him on board though. If it benefits results anyway, you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,668 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im loving LVG more and more.

Go wan LVG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

He had a pretty infamous falling out with the Bayern board after they wanted to look into exploring long distance pre-season tours. I think it might be something he will chill out with as time goes on. It's something the club has done for a long time at this stage, and hasn't really had any negative impact.

Obviously its a bit rough in a WC year, and there could be an arguement made that during international tournaments keeping pre-season to European destinations.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement