Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

It seems that Alves is staying at Barcelona so if we are really in for Cuadrado we look to have a clear run at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

bangkok wrote: »
    13825706558797.gif

If Michael Bay did gifs.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

NeVeR wrote: »
    Just read this ... I know it's from twitter and stuff get posted all the time.. but has anyone anymore info on it. ?

I'm sick of these verbally agreed deals.

I want written contract deals done !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Kess73 wrote: »

Not enough shaky cam!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Saw on twitter there that Woodward is gone on holidays, great timing **Hides**

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭steoin

Yeah I hear he's taking a few days to himself, to get away from it all so to speak. Off to Italy and being the stand up guy he is, plans to meet up with paddy Evra in Turin for a day or two to see how he's settling in. What a guy that Woodie, heart of gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Just breathe and count to ten.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It could be a great cover story.

Like it all depends on where he went on holidays...doubt it is Magaluf.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Surely Woodward isn't the only person at the club who can negotiate on transfers. I doubt the CE does anything other than sign off on the deal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I saw on Twiiter we were signing Vidal, Hummels and Ronaldo today.

Seriously, any credible source on woody?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

This is my feelings on Vidal right now -

Every week I'm over it, then more news comes out that Utd are interested.
    Killing me.

Wenger has confirmed United have bid for Vermaelen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

wow, fans of the biggest club in the world wanting 1 or 2 of the best players in the world to be signed....after our CE portraying we had big intentions to sign the best players and could break world records to show our power...

How dare they.....

The best players don't neccessarily make the best team.

You think you know better than Louis Van Gaal who the best signings would be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Can anyone with more time post up vermaelens injury history? Is it as bad as been said?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Coat22 wrote: »
    You’re not 20 years and 3 months old are you?

I'm 19 in October :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

13825706558797.gif

This is a contender for greatest GIF ever. The craftsmanship!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

13825706558797.gif

That could be the greatest GIF ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

The extra effort of having his shoe on fire at the end is brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Is Vidal at the end of his contract? Because 40m euro (widely reported) for one of the best midfielders in the world seems really low does it not? It's what we paid for Berba. Less than Liverpool paid for Andy Carroll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Is Vidal at the end of his contract? Because 40m euro (widely reported) for one of the best midfielders in the world, does it not? It's what we paid for Berba. Less than Liverpool paid for Andy Carroll.

Though he signed an extention a few months back, unless its to do with the injury, but its all speculation at the moment who knows if we sign him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Wenger just saying there United in a group of clubs who have bid for vermaelen.

Still mite not happen, least its no longer paper nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭steoin

Pour quoi?

So they don't get the hits for their BS stories, that is after all why they write them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Edited, spelling stuck in German on the fone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yup, his press conference just on SSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

I had to look a few times wondering if it was real and he'd actually missed the ball because of the shock of someone throwing a firework on the pitch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

I'm 19 in October :p

The would put Mammy & Daddy Pipe in and around Jan 10, 1995 for that "special" moment - the same day Andy Cole signed (Actually signed - none of this "verbally agreed" sh**e back then!!).

Keith Gillespie went the opposite directions and lots of fat b*****d unemployed Geordies almost lynched poor Keegan outside St James Park (as it was called in the day)

F**k. Now I feel ancient

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Keith Gillespie. Northern Irish saucehound

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭elchupanebrey

Kess73 wrote: »

It's good but there's no Megan Fox in it:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Can anyone with more time post up vermaelens injury history? Is it as bad as been said?

09-10: 33 league games, 11 Europe (Calf injury near end of season missed 3 weeks)

10-11: 5 league games, Spent the entire season out with an achillies injury

11-12: 29 League games, 7 Europe (Missed 6 weeks at start of season for surgery on achillies issus from the previous season)

12-13: 29 League Games, 7 Europe (strain 3 weeks, ankle injury 3 weeks)

13-14: 14 league ganes, 2 Europe (Fracture 3 months missed pre-season, 2 knee injuries (5 weeks) and last game of the season)

I dont think his injury record is awful tbh

The would put Mammy & Daddy Pipe in and around Jan 10, 1995 for that "special" moment - the same day Andy Cole signed (Actually signed - none of this "verbally agreed" sh**e back then!!).

Gary Gillespie went the opposite directions and lots of fat b*****d unemployed Geordies almost lynched poor Keegan outside St James Park (as it was called in the day)

F**k. Now I feel ancient

Reminds me of a funny story actually. Back in 1994, our parish won the county junior championship. My friends dad was the captain of the team and let's just say that 9 months later that my friend was born :L

• Advertisement

The would put Mammy & Daddy Pipe in and around Jan 10, 1995 for that "special" moment - the same day Andy Cole signed.

Probably a slightly late new years baby! Mammy and Daddy Pipe were ringing in 1995 with style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

MrMac84 wrote: »
    That could be the greatest GIF ever!

Lads, please...

SuarezBirthday.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Reminds me of a funny story actually. Back in 1994, our parish won the county junior championship. My friends dad was the captain of the team and let's just say that 9 months later that my friend was born :L

Well statistically June 1980 and March 1991 have 2 of the highest birth rates ever in the country.

One was nine months after the Pope visited in '79 (things were fierce miserable in the '70s - any excuse for a bit of a roll), the other was nine months after Italia '90 (that was a World Cup in which Ireland did quite well - think Columbia this year but without the flair).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Hummels is off, according to the Daily Star. So... it may still be in fact on, or never was on, or was always off, anyway...

I found this http://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/ which seems to be a decent spot for people giving rumours and reasons why you should/shouldn't believe them. All things point to Le Stampa as a very reliable source for Juve news.

I follow that frequently.

What is excellent there is that at the start of each transfer window, they re-evaluate sources and reliability. Some guy there does a SAVAGE job and is doing it for years.

Interesting to note that the likes of Mark Ogden and the other usuals, have all been downgraded in reliability, with the opinion that they no longer have the direct contact with Woodward that they had last season.

He also pointed out at the start of the window that the BEST place for ITK information, is ties and sources to the potential buying/selling club, as on the Untied side nothing is being leaked or communicated.

It should be a sticky on the sidepanel, if not you might need to search it, its always top voted at the start of transfer window

Surely Woodward isn't the only person at the club who can negotiate on transfers. I doubt the CE does anything other than sign off on the deal.

He has a team that he heads up. And the club also have third parties which they utilise in certain cases. This is how multiple discussions and negotiations can happen at once. The Chief Exec isn't the end all and be all.

If Woodward has infact gone on holidays it means one of two things

1)He is comfortable that negotiations are finalised and the final parts of the deals can proceed without him

2) He has received indication from LVG that no players are required and that only exits will be taking place, which can be done by Woodwards team.

Obviously I don't know the structure of the club at that level, but its not uncommon for a chief executive to go on holidays and divert power of authority to an understudy for that duration, to act on their behalf.

ANd look, he is a Chief Exec of one of the biggest brands in the world, his phone will be on like.

That's a big IF the story is true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I like everything about r/reddevils apart from the name.

Why couldn't they just pick r/mufc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I like everything about r/reddevils apart from the name.

Why couldn't they just pick r/mufc.

It screams U S of A, doesn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Just one thing, Vidal is in Indonesia with Juventus. Unless United have representatives in Jakarta, reports that Vidal has signed a contract with them would seem to be unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If Falcao is to come to the premier league I would rather him sign for City who are more of a long term threat than Liverpool who are the main threat for next season IMO

If they pulled that off we would have some catching up to do with buying players

Just one thing, Vidal is in Indonesia with Juventus. Unless United have representatives in Jakarta, reports that Vidal has signed a contract with them would seem to be unlikely.

I'd say both Vidal and United have access to fax machines in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

If only there were ways to send documents electronically across the world...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Is La Stampa reliable and what do you think of the chances of Vidal leaving Juve?

Seems like there is a lot of smoke around this deal but absolutely nothing concrete and yet again Man United are smotheting the English press

I'd say both Vidal and United have access to fax machines in fairness.

Fax machines? Is this the 1980s?

Maybe their Amstrad PC1512s have electronic mail function?

You think Vidals agent is by his side?

It's highly likely Vidal had a discussion with his agent at some point months ago, outlining his desires and wants. He would also have
    agreed standing instructions with his agent. Things like wiggle room on salary or other fees/bonuses.

It is not uncommon, for an agent to be doing negotiation work on behalf of a player, and only contacting the player with something concrete.

A players agent won't be side by side with them. It's ENTIRELY plausible that Vidals agent could be anywhere in the world, meeting with representatives from United, thrashing out a deal.

The days of a player arriving at a club with his agent for negotiations are long since gone.

glued wrote: »
    Is La Stampa reliable and what do you think of the chances of Vidal leaving Juve?

Seems like there is a lot of smoke around this deal but absolutely nothing concrete and yet again Man United are smotheting the English press

Didn't somebody point out that the Agnelli family are large shareholders in that newspaper and Juventus?

I'd have thought that this lends credence to anything Juve related that they report...

Fax machines? Is this the 1980s?

Maybe their Amstrad PC1512s have electronic mail function?

Believe it or not, the Premier League only accept a fax or physical maiiled documents when it comes to registering a player to a club after a transfer concludes.

This is why there is the timeframe AFTER the window closes, to allow for the backlog of Fax's that come into the Premier League to be received and processed.

E-mails are not accepted. And to be honest that's not shockingly uncommon, you will find certain banks and insurance companies, will only accept fax or mailed documentation, and not email. This is for legal reasons as well as some outdated practical ones, but as certain legislation hasn't changed in the UK E-mail is not recognised as proper correspondance. This is why when someone "invents" something, they typically mail THEMSELVES the patent as registered post, as there is a dated and recorded trail of the patent being sent and received, and in effect, in place. As opposed to someone e-mailing themselves.

It's so outdated, I believe a few leagues are actually trialing a web based portal to register new players/signings.

We have one fax machine in our office, and it's still required for a fair amount of stuff, where the entities involve won't ammend their process to accept e-mail.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

TheDoc wrote: »
    E-mails are not accepted. And to be honest that's not shockingly uncommon, you will find certain banks and insurance companies, will only accept fax or mailed documentation, and not email.

Had an instance two months ago where I needed to have a little procedure done in a hospital in Dublin, and they insisted I fax documents to them. Spent a while running round town looking for somewhere that still had a working fax machine. :rolleyes:

Vidal is all smiles....

TheDoc wrote: »
    Believe it or not, the Premier League only accept a fax or physical maiiled documents when it comes to registering a player to a club after a transfer concludes.

This is why there is the timeframe AFTER the window closes, to allow for the backlog of Fax's that come into the Premier League to be received and processed.

E-mails are not accepted. And to be honest that's not shockingly uncommon, you will find certain banks and insurance companies, will only accept fax or mailed documentation, and not email.

Seems archaic. Fair point though. Generally, where my counterparties accept faxes, they'll accept scanned copies, but if they're the Premier League's rules, they're their rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Gentlemen, let us not forget that a certain forum poster will be taking time off if we sign Vidal!

*Hint: It's not me, although my time off will probably be soon going by my recent warnings :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement