Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

No he didn't.

He said this:

"DDG wants to go back to spain and one injury and we have a very ordinary team."

He clearly means "imagine if DDG decided that he wanted to go back to Spain and we picked up one injury...in such a scenario, we'd have a very ordinary team."

Separately and somewhat worryingly, his girlfriend has publicly stated that she'd like to see him back in Spain:

http://www.squawka.com/news/david-de-geas-girlfriend-edurne-garcia-admits-she-would-like-him-to-move-back-to-spain/152945

Hopefully theirs is a 1950s relationship and he just tells her to shut the f..k up.

Where's he going to go? There are only 2 options. Real have 3 keepers and are trying to offload 1. Barca have just signed 2 new keepers. De Gea is going nowhere any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

I think it's about time all these ITK types should be banned temporarily at least. It's becoming very frustrating and they add nothing to the discussion and only serve to wind people up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I suggest that by September 2nd we will know exactly what is happening with Vidal and Cuadrado.

Source?????

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I suggest that by September 2nd we will know exactly what is happening with Vidal and Cuadrado.

Exactamundo.

Why anyone even repeats these stupid headlines is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

+1:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

So what 3 Utd players are making yer Fantasy Football teams lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

De Gea, Mata, Rooney.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    De Gea, Mata, Rooney.
    Ive Evans, Mata, Rooney in the first draught - leaving De Gea out is killing me though..

I had Evans in a CB, but Big Dave is a monster. Added points for saves as opposed to just clean sheets this season too, and Big Dave is a shotstopper to beat them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

irishfeen wrote: »
    Vidal,Di Maria and Cuadrado :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

De Gea, Shaw and Herrera at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Going for my usual rule of picking players that exploit their position so Shaw at 6m is in.
    Young's been great pre-season, so it's a low risk move at only 5m.
    With decent opening fixtures, and Rooney playing up front, he's gotta be added as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

Mata, Rooney and Young. Young could change to Evans if it looks like he's not starting.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Vidal,Di Maria and Cuadrado :eek:
    Now they might put a dent in that £100m budget ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

De Gea,Herrera and Rooney

Alot expected from Rooney this year and I fully expect him to oblige - if RVP and Rooney can stay fit week in week out things should fall into place nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Lord TSC wrote: »
    De Gea, Shaw and Herrera at the moment.

Herrera is bad choice imo. Much better options for less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Now they might put a dent in that £100m budget ;)
    But Ed said there was no fixed budget !

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Ya that's my thinking too - 7.5m at this point is just too big a risk to take in the world of fantasy football.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Honestly, I play for like a week and then forget about it anyway :o
    So may as well put my faith in the new kids for now and see how they do.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

No he doesn't, whats your source on this?

DDG has done nothing but express his happiness at playing for UTD and is praising the new UTD coaching staff recently.

He has two Spanish mates with him at UTD and they all look perfectly happy.

LOL. Context. It's like saying: that poster is not a total arsehole.

But reading: Poster is a total arsehole.

He means "if DDG wanted to leave"'.

Cheers for explaining best to avoid some posters, it's as if they purposely chose any chance to skew things as much as they can.

RichFTW wrote: »
    Chelsea & City are the only clubs who can really afford to always go for the 40m signing as opposed to the potential player. Any other club would soon be in financial trouble with that policy as they don't have billionaire owners.

There is no guarantee that the big money signing will be a success. If they flop, you are left with the same problems in the team but with a huge financial loss as well. Torres, Shevchenko, Denilson, Veron...the list goes on and on.

Clubs try to limit the risk by buying a number of relatively cheaper players with potential in the hope that they turn into 40m+ players. The only way of determining if you over spent on a player is with hindsight so the signings homer brought up are not going to look as good now if they are not a huge success. Nobody seems to brings up Rooney or Ronaldo in this discussion to show that this transfer policy works both ways.

I disagree. CFC and City don't make as much cash as we do, they just have no issue spending it.

yabadabado wrote: »
    But Ed said there was no fixed budget !

No fixed budget until it comes to splurging it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Pogba on Vidal
    "We're hearing that Vidal is going but we don't know," Pogba said. "For the moment he's injured, he's trying to get fit. We want him to stay at Juventus. At the moment he's here so we won't speak about him leaving."

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/paul-pogba-hints-juventus-teammate-arturo-vidal-may-leave-club-for-epls-manchester-united-20140809-102c3m.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

lordgoat wrote: »
    I disagree. CFC and City don't make as much cash as we do, they just have no issue spending it.

They don't need to make as much as they have billionaire owners. They have no issue spending it as they have a bottomless pit of money, we don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

LOL. Context. It's like saying: that poster is not a total arsehole.

But reading: Poster is a total arsehole.

My bad, picked you up worng

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

Now that is positive.

Actual quotes from Paul Pogba.

Also interesting that he says the won't talk about the transfer until they return from oz. Anyone got a date on that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Also interesting that he says the won't talk about the transfer until they return from oz. Anyone got a date on that?

I think it's the 17th or sometime around there. Vidal wouldn't be properly fit till the end of the month anyway.

They don't need to make as much as they have billionaire owners. They have no issue spending it as they have a bottomless pit of money, we don't.

Yeah, if only there was something that could neutralise "synthetic" big clubs like Chelsea, Manchester City and Paris Saint Germain and play into the hands of properly run commercial juggernauts like Manchester United...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

The Bianconeri’s Asia-Pacific tour fixtures are as follows:
    6 August Juventus v ISL Stars at Gelora Bung Karno Stadium, Kick-off 15.00 (CET)
    10 August Juventus v A-League All-Stars at ANZ Stadium, Kick-off 11.30 (CET)
    16 August Juventus v Singapore All-Stars at New Singapore National Stadium, Kick-off 12.00 (CET)

http://www.juventus.com/juve/en/news/live-blog-juvetour

As you see, the final match of their tour is 16 August, so I guess they'll be back in Italy by the 17th.

• Advertisement

That's the thing we actually have to have over 100M from revenue over the last 2 seasons. That or the Glazer boys and girl are taking alot more than claiming.

IMO it's a pretty weak argument to say we can't spend as much as CFC or City. When we clearly can we just don't spend as much on individual players.

We go for younger over priced players rather than market value world class players.

Last WC player we bought RVP. Before that? can't remember. We don't spend the money. This season we cannot afford to not do well. IMO we need to buy this window and in Jan.

Why is Vidal even on your if he isn't fit? Surely he would link up with the squad when he was eventually fit? Has he been brought purely because leaving him behind would spark a newpaper fire?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

py2006 wrote: »
    So we have gone from talk of signing 5 or 6 players at the start of the summer to only getting 2 and the manager saying he is happy with the squad.

Does this mean players (yet again) unwilling to sign for Utd?

It does look like the lack of CL football (and something else) is preventing us from signing our targets so far..

the opposite side of that is that it does appear that Vidal wants to play for us, surely he'd have come out and said he wasnt interested by now, like other players have done in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

It does look like the lack of CL football (and something else) is preventing us from signing our targets so far..

the opposite side of that is that it does appear that Vidal wants to play for us, surely he'd have come out and said he wasnt interested by now, like other players have done in the past.

Didn't he already say that? or was that tabloid talk?

and then based on previous years rags, we will be signing them next January :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Now that is positive.

Actual quotes from Paul Pogba.

What does JP Morgan say????
    Thought the deal was being done yesterday?
    Adox is safe me thinks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

and then based on previous years rags, we will be signing them next January :o

And when they're not signed in January....
    The deals are in place for next summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Pogba wrote:
    We're hearing that Vidal is going but we don't know. For the moment he's injured, he's trying to get fit. We want him to stay at Juventus. At the moment he's here so we won't speak about him leaving

He says, while speaking about him leaving...

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

That's the thing we actually have to have over 100M from revenue over the last 2 seasons. That or the Glazer boys and girl are taking alot more than claiming.

IMO it's a pretty weak argument to say we can't spend as much as CFC or City. When we clearly can we just don't spend as much on individual players.

We go for younger over priced players rather than market value world class players.

Last WC player we bought RVP. Before that? can't remember. We don't spend the money. This season we cannot afford to not do well. IMO we need to buy this window and in Jan.

100m revenue is not the same as 100m profit or 100m cash. You could have 100m revenue, 90m costs leaving a profit of 10m to use on buying players. That is simply not the same as having a billionaire owner who can pull out the check book any time he wants to sign players as it makes no difference to him.

Pretty much every club goes for players with potential over high value players as they can't afford to be spending unlimited amounts of money; unlike City, Chelsea and PSG.

Mata is world class and was bought last year.

Edit: I just looked up the financials. The 100m increase over last year is profit but is mainly due to the creation of a deferred tax asset (145m) so the increase in profit still wouldn't go directly to the purchasing of players but would be used as a tax credit. The Chelsea & City billionaires win again!

brinty wrote: »
    What does JP Morgan say????
    Thought the deal was being done yesterday?
    Adox is safe me thinks

I've no idea what JP Morgan say as an institution.

My friend assures me that the deal will be done.

And I believe that United will sign Arturo Vidal.

i promised myself id never let myself get fully drawn/sucked into the Vidal saga but im starting to believe we are going to sign him. :o

• Advertisement

i promised myself id never let myself get fully drawn/sucked into the Vidal saga but im starting to believe we are going to sign him. :o

I'm the opposite! I thought he'd be done and dusted by now.

I firmly believe we want him and Vidal wants a move but this long drawn out process is worrying. Vidal doesn't want to push it, Juventus want to save face, and United seem to be cautious.

I'd expect it to go to the last few days of the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I'm the opposite! I thought he'd be done and dusted by now.

Agree with ya there, could be proven wrong but if the deal was going to go ahead you would imagine that it would have been done by now considering how long the speculation has been going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Kalel

I think Vidal is holding off on saying anything just incase he fails the medical at Utd. Very hard to go back to the Juve supporters after asking for a transfer.

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal - the man known as the Iron Tulip:

Don't miss Sportsworld on the BBC World Service featuring guests Tom Egbers, Nordin Wooter and David Endt giving insights on the former Netherlands Boss.

Available worldwide at http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldserviceradio from 14:00 GMT (15:00 BST).

Apparent Daley Blind quotes:

"Of course, it's flattering when you're linked with clubs like Manchester United and Barcelona," Blind told Goal.

“La Liga would suit my style of play. Perhaps England as well, but that's a very physical competition and that's not my biggest strength. I have made steps forward physically, but fighting out personal duels is not my thing. I am not like Jan Vertonghen, who is very powerful.

"The most important thing for me at a new club is that they play proper football. I would be more open to a club that plays proper football than to a club that only hits long balls.”

Think of the pain that we've all gone through in the last number of years in relation to how bad our midfield's been.

Remember the times when our two substandard midfielders have been overrun by three superior midfielders.

Then picture the scene when we line out with Arturo Vidal, Ander Herrera and Juan Mata. Sorry, but holy f..k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

GSPfan wrote: »
    Apparent Daley Blind quotes:

"The most important thing for me at a new club is that they play proper football. I would be more open to a club that plays proper football than to a club that only hits long balls.”

44383-right-in-the-feels-tjae.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Agree with ya there, could be proven wrong but if the deal was going to go ahead you would imagine that it would have been done by now considering how long the speculation has been going on.

Isn't the injury holding things up? With this in mind, I can't imagine Vidal going public or anything like that just in case the injury blocks the transfer in the end..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

What news has led to this?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement