Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    What news has led to this?

If those Pogba quotes are genuine, they will certainly fuel a lot more fires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

GSPfan wrote: »
    Apparent Daley Blind quotes:
    but fighting out personal duels is not my thing.

Wuss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭billyhead

I reckon we wont complete the Vidal signing until in or around the last day of the window. United are reluctant to do the deal earlier until they have seen significant improvement in his knee injury over the next few weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I think we will sign Vidal but it'll be after the first game of the season....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Think of the pain that we've all gone through in the last number of years in relation to how bad our midfield's been.

Remember the times when our two substandard midfielders have been overrun by three superior midfielders.

Then picture the scene when we line out with Arturo Vidal, Ander Herrera and Juan Mata. Sorry, but holy f..k

I want to believe but I've been hurt my Toni Kroos and bangkok before.

...I should write a book. "My life and times as a Manchester United Superthread poster"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

MagicIRL wrote: »

...I should write a book. "My life and times as a Manchester United Superthread poster"

There'd be too much repetition, a pamphlet would be more apt.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    There'd be too much repetition, a pamphlet would be more apt.

"The Man United Superthread"

Nani is ****e.
    lol no
    wtf u not even fan
    fight me irl
    #itk

end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Nani is ****e.
    lol no
    wtf u not even fan
    fight me irl
    #itk

end.
    "We are not signing X "

The Simpsons pics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Nani is ****e.
    lol no
    wtf u not even fan
    fight me irl
    #itk

end.

Carrick is ****
    Ando is fat
    Rooney got a new contract
    Gotta post negative stuff
    Moar wingers
    Midfield is not a position for Man Utd
    Gerrard is an asshole - - The only constant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

I want to believe but I've been hurt my Toni Kroos and bangkok before.

Or the title could be;

They Dared To Dream: How Van Gaal's United Went So Close

They Dared To Dream –– which mixes articles written during the transfer window with specially-commissioned posts penned in the aftermath –– hopefully captures what the 2014 transfer window was about as a United boards fan; doing so in the mixed range of styles and approaches taken by the posters at boards. Along the way we get stuff right, and we get stuff wrong; but that’s football, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Are those rumours of the DiMaria bid for 55 million true or just a load of BS.

Regarding Cuadrado this is the latest on him from the Fiorentina camp:

According to Sky Sports, Della Valle said: "Should it happen that an important offer arrives, we would have to allow Cuadrado to leave.

"So with that I am not so optimistic about a positive final situation as I think an offer will arrive in the next few days, but he will only leave for certain amounts. But you need to understand if an important offer does arrive, it is like a loose train and I can't hang on.

"I told the player and underlined things that there is a serious project here and he could remain for one more season, in a winning side."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

My head hurts...

Wait what??

Oh yes ahhhh I am super duper confident of all good thinfs in transfer market.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Looking forward to this charity match this evening for the Bayern Munich foundation.
    Bayern Munich All-Stars versus the Manchester United Legends.
    kick off 5.15pm

I expect Bayern to win. United only have 14 players over for it and Bayern have 19 players.

Players like Irwin, Scholes, Yorke, Cole, Blomqvist, Robson, Dublin playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

My head hurts...

Wait what??

Oh yes ahhhh I am super duper confident of all good thinfs in transfer market.
    Confidence back then Kew? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

irishfeen wrote: »
    Confidence back then Kew? :)

I still think we will get 1 big name.

Im just tired of thinking today is gonna be the day.

If Vidal recovers and is signed and Strootman is signed at a later time, our midfield would be ok ;)

Scholes is still the passing the ball beautifully.

Cole scored for United but then Sergio scored for Bayern within a minute.

1-1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

I still think we will get 1 big name.

Im just tired of thinking today is gonna be the day.
    Aye the end of the window can't come soon enough whatever that may bring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

irishfeen wrote: »
    Aye the end of the window can't come soon enough whatever that may bring.

As long as it's not like last year!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Excellent, we didn't get Vermaelen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,396 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

titan18 wrote: »
    Excellent, we didn't get Vermaelen

Yeah, brilliant, can't wait to see what world class defender we are about to sign instead.surely we haven't wasted all summer like last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Yeah, brilliant, can't wait to see what world class defender we are about to sign instead.surely we haven't wasted all summer like last year.

I'd rather give Keane and the others a chance, than spend 15m + on an average player like Vermaelen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

titan18 wrote: »
    I'd rather give Keane and the others a chance, than spend 15m + on an average player like Vermaelen

Same.

The fact Barcelona and United wanted Vermaelen is quite surprising to me. Good luck to him but I can see him spending half the season with niggling injuries.

Penalty shoot out coming up on MUTV...suppose to be if ends in a draw.
    3-3.

Cole got two, and Scholes the one in the middle.

3 weeks left, no centre back bought, still short in midfield.

Absolutely pathetic from united, yet again. I can't believe people continue to excuse the utterly inept transfer work from united.

Playing 3 at the back and we only have three injury prone centre backs to call one. We've sold two left backs while being short quality, how many reliable centre mids do we have?

So frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Absolutely pathetic from united, yet again. I can't believe people continue to excuse the utterly inept transfer work from united.

Playing 3 at the back and we only have three injury prone centre backs to call one. We've sold two left backs while being short quality, how many reliable centre mids do we have?

So frustrating.

Its only a game. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

So frustrating.

Who exactly is excusing it? Most people realise that the club will only buy the players LVG wants. He just tried for Vermaelen. Wegener wanted him abroad.

The club or Woodward are not going to sign players LVG hasn't indicated he wants as a part of the squad and this is the right way to act. We don't want a Chelsea type situation.

And there is no inept transfer work from UTD. LVG gave the go ahead for Shaw/Herrera and we got them. He then said he'd take three weeks to look at the squad and thats exactly whats happened.

If LVG wants players we will pursue them. Blame LVG not UTD if you need to moan like last summer even though there are 3 weeks left.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

So frustrating.
    Why did Larry thank your post when Vidal is on his way?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

Keep calm and trust van Gaal.

Soldie wrote: »
    Keep calm and trust van Gaal.

Just like last summer, eh?

LVG isn't the problem, it's Woodward.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Booooorrring.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Your talking rubbish. Woodward is capable of signing players. He signed Shaw and Herrera practically on the same day.

He hasn't signed anyone eles because LVG hasn't indicated who he wants (beside Vermaelen who Wegner wouldn't sell to us).

Funny how last summer you were more than willing to have a go at Moyes and Woodward but not LVG.

LVG hasn't told Woodward to move on any other players yet, thats why nothing has happened.

With the adidas deal plus Chevy, Aon Woodward has done more the club then most of our cheif execs put together. He has signed players in every transfer windown and secured some important players with contracts.

Your attackin of him has zero logic behind it. Its just toys out of the pram stuff and it gets more boring each transfer window.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

So Vermaelen didn't sign because of Woodward?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

So frustrating.

what are you on about? this is exactly the way nearly everyone knew the way it was going to go. he signed 2 players and said he will give the rest of the squad the last 2-3 weeks to prove themselves, he wants to know exactly who he thinks he should sign before signing a player them might not even need

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Why did Larry thank your post when Vidal is on his way?

Does Vidal play centre half? Thought not. We need at least three players. Vidal is happening but after him we need more.

Good news - Sunday Supplement is back on Sky Sports tomorrow morning.

haha not in the job 3 weeks i would hardly think so!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I think if van Gaal had a problem with how the club are conducting transfers, he wouldn't have much problem in saying so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Does Vidal play centre half? Thought not. We need at least three players. Vidal is happening but after him we need more.

Good news - Sunday Supplement is back on Sky Sports tomorrow morning.

Is he yeah??? :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Is he yeah??? :rolleyes:

Yes, Vidal is signing for Manchester United. You won't be rolling your eyes when he pitches up at Carrington.

Taok wrote: »
    So Vermaelen didn't sign because of Woodward?
    I think we have not signed anyone since July because of Woodward. There shouldn't be months of prepping bids that ultimately go nowhere. Fabregas last summer. Vidal and hummels this summer, months to do fuking anything, and getting nothing.

We'll end up with fellaini type signings again, cause we are incapable of conducting our business quickly and efficiently.

bangkok wrote: »
    what are you on about? this is exactly the way nearly everyone knew the way it was going to go. he signed 2 players and said he will give the rest of the squad the last 2-3 weeks to prove themselves, he wants to know exactly who he thinks he should sign before signing a player them might not even need

We play a formation with 3centre backs. We have 3senior centre backs. Why could we not have brought one in by now?

We play a formation with 3centre backs. We have 3senior centre backs. Why could we not have brought one in by now?

only at the moment he plays that because of players available. van gaal is a 4-3-3 man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

We need to assess those 3 centre backs to see if we need any more than 3 centre backs of course.

• Advertisement

We need to assess those 3 centre backs to see if we need any more than 3 centre backs of course.

That's fuking insane, to be honest.

We knew we needed at least one. LVG said it himself, weeks ago.

only at the moment he plays that because of players available. van gaal is a 4-3-3 man

He said we don't have the quality wide players to play that. So where are the wide signings? None of them either.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

He is playing it to suit Rooney, RVP and Mata, is one of them leaving????

Mitch is right to question the delay in bringing in some defenders considering Van Gaal already said he wants defenders. His words might not be to everyone's liking but the question is fair.

Midfield delay appears to be down to fitness issues with targets like Strootman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Yes, Vidal is signing for Manchester United. You won't be rolling your eyes when he pitches up at Carrington.

Even if he does it doesn't mean you don't deserve the rolleyes. You've been banging the same drum with your the ITK bull**** for the last two weeks. The fact you have continously posted Vidal is signing today etc is extremely tiresome and offers zero contribution to the thread overall.

Some this thread up tonight.
    kick-ass.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement