Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Taok wrote: »
    Or perhaps those posters think he's had an incredibly positive first 3.5 weeks in charge and has done more good than last year's manager did in the whole of last season, and therefore those posters are really happy to have something positive to cheer about again :rolleyes:

Whilst ignoring the fact that the negatives right now in terms of squad changes have us as at net loss if anything and certainly nowhere near a gain :rolleyes:

Cheer all you want but it's simply pot kettle black stuff to criticise people for not considering the positives when you discard the negatives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

So you'd be happy with a defence of blacket, Carrick and fletcher vs Liverpool or Chelsea?

None of our midfielders should be in defence, given they stink in defence our midfield options stink in general, and blacket is miles off the level required, never mind keane (who I do like )

eh?:confused: did you read my post incorrect or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Strumms wrote: »
    Wo are the 5 center backs ?

Smalling
    Jones
    Evans

M. Keane ... Off on loan
    Tyler Blackett - never played a single competitive game

So considering the 3 center backs and their injury record.. How would we fair with a back 3 of ... Carrick, Fletcher and Blackett for a run of games ?

Keane hasn't gone anywhere yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

The Herrera deal came straight out of left field this summer...OK we had the whole thing last year but this year I don't think anyone saw it coming, next thing, bid, pay buyout, wham, bam new player and a midfielder no less, just like that. No paper talk, no rumours, done and dusted. This gives me immense confidence that what needs to be done will be done despite the apparent lack of activity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

some "neutral" input into our transfer activity this summer.

http://redmancunian.com/2014/08/11/louis-van-gaal-ed-woodward-lack-transfer-activity/

Weren't you laughed out of Redcafe for your outlandish premature meltdowns?

Holy Crap Balls, wasn't that it? And we won that match comfortably in the end! Haven't you learned anything?

you seem to know alot about Mitchs past (or an incident that happened 2, if not 3 years ago) for somebody who only joined a few months back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,873 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Keane hasn't gone anywhere yet.

This is true, but if we are to take the many reports in the press as an indication he will be loaned out again. Besides that I don't think he is good enough and is certainly if he needs to play for a run of games this season it would worry me.

I'm not a merchant of doom or negativity I just try to be a realist and look at our strengths and that of our opposition and football isn't rocket science.... I'm optimistic that we will get deals done... Who exactly....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Wo are the 5 center backs ?

Smalling
    Jones
    Evans

M. Keane ... Off on loan
    Tyler Blackett - never played a single competitive game

So considering the 3 center backs and their injury record.. How would we fair with a back 3 of ... Carrick, Fletcher and Blackett for a run of games ?

Badly and I doubt anyone would be praising Van Gall if it happens. Just because they are the options now doesn't mean they will be the options at the end of the window. If they are it would be disappointing for sure.

I think too much is being read into the formation so far though, Van Gaal will change it depending on the players available or opposition. He already said he would need to change it depending in circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,390 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

As I have said, my problem isn't LVG. My belief is that he has provided targets (Woodward said weeks ago that we were working on targets LVG had out forward). My belief is that Woodward has been incapable if signing any player LVG has so far asked for. I think LVG has the players we do have looking good, and if our first choice 11 was to remain 100% fit and on top form we will do well this season; but I don't think either of those requirements will be met, so we desperately need 3qyality signing to make top 4.

My blind faith comment is aimed 100% at the idea Woodward will suddenly sign 3top players in the next 20 days despite the evidence of the previous windows under his transfer command.

However, on this forum people don't like Woodward being blamed or a suggestion that the reason united haven't signed anyone may not be because we ding want to. So if Woodward ain't the issue, it could only be that LVG hasn't asked for anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

you seem to know alot about Mitchs past (or an incident that happened 2, if not 3 years ago) for somebody who only joined a few months back.

It is possible to have a different account now then the one you had, 2 or even 3 years ago you know.

• Advertisement

eh?:confused: did you read my post incorrect or what?

Yep, I read you'd post as the post you were replying to. My deletion if the first line wasn't quick enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Man I really hate the term willy waving. Sounds ****ing ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Whilst ignoring the fact that the negatives right now in terms of squad changes have us as at net loss if anything and certainly nowhere near a gain :rolleyes:

Cheer all you want but it's simply pot kettle black stuff to criticise people for not considering the positives when you discard the negatives.

So we've got rid of the players who were over the hill and in this calendar year added Mata, Shaw, Herrera.

That and the managerial change for me is not just a gain but an enormous gain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I've not once tried to hide the fact that I've been using this website for the best part of 8/9 years. But carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

this is not a go at you but bit in bold should set few alarm bells.

we should not be in a position to have to do this and weaken the squad. only if total emergency in injury department

Agreed.

I'd be surprised if we don't sign at least one defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

I don't see anyone saying LVG is perfect on here. I see people happy with the system and positive way he has the team playing.

I see people being realistic about the fact a lot of deals happen late in the window and we have weeks left. We bid for Vermalen so LVG knows we need cover in defense.

People understand that a lot of teams dont hit full fitness until mid late september and and with our kind fixture list any late sigings won't be missing any of the crunch games early on.

I do see people calling out the usual poster on their boring, toys out of the pram, anti Woodward, I want signins now, I'm in the know attitude when they are reading the same articles as everyone else but drawing ridiculous conclusions because they dont have the patience required that every tansfer window demands when your dealing with rags papers bs'ing, agent trying to jack up a price, players flip flopping about what to do and managers trying not to sell or to hard to sell at the wrong price.

• Advertisement

I've not once tried to hide the fact that I've been using this website for the best part of 8/9 years. But carry on.

thats grand then, you have your reasons for closing and setting up new accounts, which is your business - mitch decided not to go down that route.

i fail to see however why you feel the need to bring up an incident from another forum from years ago, to belittle another poster on here? fair enough, i recall you making an issue of it back then and perhaps it was justified, but to bring it up years later, is a pretty low thing to do to be honest.

I don't see anyone saying LVG is perfect on here. I see people happy with the system and positive way he has the team playing.

I see people being realistic about the fact a lot of deals happen late in the window and we have weeks left. We bid for Vermalen so LVG knows we need cover in defense.

People understand that a lot of teams dont hit full fitness until mid late september and and with our kind fixture list any late sigings won't be missing any of the crunch games early on.

I do see people calling the usual poster on their toys out of the pram, anti Woodward, I want signins now, I'm in the know attitude when they are reading the same articles as everyone else but drawing ridiculous conclusions because they dont have the patience required every tansfer window.

You can play through a summer in FIFA in less than half an hour. It takes 3 months in the real world. With real money that people have to be held accountable for.

1st world problems!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

So we've got rid of the players who were over the hill and in this calendar year added Mata, Shaw, Herrera.

And now have a thread bare squad at the back.

We could have kept the likes of Vidic and Evra on as squad players and not now be under pressure to sign back ups and instead be concentrating on signing a quality CM or CB to improve the overall first XI. The problem with the squad was never it's depth, but it's lack of world class quality in key positions. We have chosen to make depth a problem now on top of that though.

I deleted the LvG line because I'm talking about playing staff, I agree he is a massive improvement but he'll still need bodies to work with and, as others have pointed out, if those who are injury prone continue to be so he won't have many.

That and the managerial change for me is not just a gain but an enormous gain.

Agreed, however as it stands if deadline day was tomorrow and we don't sign anyone else ? Is 'gain' good enough ? For a club of the standing of Man Utd ? Should we not be using our muscle and sending a message ? To come back after last season it's been generally agreed we need to add 6 players and we have added two. I'm happy with the two we have but if we are to weight our talent, our straights and weaknesses against the opposition is it enough ? Just putting it out there.

You can play through a summer in FIFA in less than half an hour. It takes 3 months in the real world. With real money that people have to be held accountable for.

1st world problems!

I'm sure your making a point of some sort

:confused:

• Advertisement

it really is baffling to see how people see it as a positive(and its really crept in here lately) that losing Vidic, Evra and Rio is seen as a positive on here. its the only place i have seen it. if Rio for example had been kept on until he was replaced, you wouldnt see as many people complaining about our options - he was poor last year, but 90% of our squad played at that level.

fine if we replaced them with world class talent, but we have not done it and with Fabio and buttner also gone, thats 5 defenders gone. id rather have them "deadwood" in the squad that no wood at all.

people have short memories.

thats grand then, you have your reasons for closing and setting up new accounts, which is your business - mitch decided not to go down that route.

i fail to see however why you feel the need to bring up an incident from another forum from years ago, to belittle another poster on here? fair enough, i recall you making an issue of it back then and perhaps it was justified, but to bring it up years later, is a pretty low thing to do to be honest.

Because Mitch is cartoon like in his over the top reactions before a ball has even been kicked. And I don't have the restraint not to read his posts every time he comes in with toys in hand ready to launch.

Were this Ferguson in charge and areas not being addressed, then I'd actually be thanking his posts and agreeing, as there was a trend to go on and get upset over. But it's not, it's a new manager in a new job with new players with 3 weeks left in the window. Boggles the mind how neither of you can see how annoying you're being.

I'm sure your making a point of some sort

:confused:

I'm agreeing with your final paragraph, in a roundabout way mind you!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I can't believe that the transfer window closes tonight.

Oh wait.

It doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

it really is baffling to see how people see it as a positive(and its really crept in here lately) that losing Vidic, Evra and Rio is seen as a positive on here. its the only place i have seen it. if Rio for example had been kept on until he was replaced, you wouldnt see as many people complaining about our options - he was poor last year, but 90% of our squad played at that level.

fine if we replaced them with world class talent, but we have not done it and with Fabio and buttner also gone, thats 5 defenders gone. id rather have them "deadwood" in the squad that no wood at all.

Pretty ironic statement. Remember how **** both Rio and Evra were last season? Cause I do.

I get what you are saying in that we have lost both a wealth of experience and numbers but those 2 really did need to go. We replaced Evra with someone I'm really happy with.

I do agree that the real problem is filling up the squad again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

it really is baffling to see how people seem it as a positive(and its really crept in here lately) that losing Vidic, Evra and Rio is seen as a positive on here. its the only place i have seen it.

Again, I don't see where you're getting that. I haven't seen it.

Vidic is definitely a loss, still had two seasons in him and would have suited this system. He knew it himself at the end and regretted leaving.

Rio isn't a loss. He's done. Got embarrassed by the likes of Morgan Amalfitano last year. I always liked Rio and still do, but he doesn't have the legs anymore.

As one of Evra's biggest critics, I think he should have been kept on if we aren't going to sign another left back. 3-5-2 would have been much better for him, and taken a bit of pressure off Shaw to perform straight away. Even keeping Buttner, I wouldn't have minded losing Evra, but to lose both and only bring one in is odd.

You need to stop taking the ideas of one or two posters and tarring the entire thread with the same brush.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I can't believe that the transfer window closes tonight.

Oh wait.

It doesn't.

The type of comment we saw so often this time last year too. The manager may have changed but the person in charge of actually doing the deals is the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭weisses

Is he not the manager? Does the buck not stop with him? Moyes got pilloried for a farce of a transfer window but LVG seems set to escape any and all criticism. He is god and shall not be questioned it seems.

Maybe because there is still almost 3 weeks of the transfer window left, ??

Criticize when the transfer window is closed and United is playing crap because no one was bought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

Or the man united pragmatic realistic non biased non rose tinted glasses non head in the sand thread.
    But being a fan implies that you are not pragmatic, not realistic, biased as hell, wear rose tinted glasses and have your head in the sand all the time. A fan always thinks that his team is the best and will win every match. What you describe is a hesitant supporter and keen observer.

sigmundv wrote: »
    But being a fan implies that you are not pragmatic, not realistic, biased as hell, wear rose tinted glasses all the time and have your head in the sand all the time. A fan always thinks that his team is the best and will win every match. What you describe is a hesitant supporter and keen observer.
    i completely disagree.

• Advertisement

Question for all

Who are your top targets for us then?

Lets assume

CB
    CB
    LB (cover)
    CM

Beyond that we're probably dreaming and lets assume nobody else is leaving (for now)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Can you help me out and reply to/ link me to some of those posts rather than talking in general terms about posters putting forward the idea thats its a a positive that Vidic, Evra and Rio are gone?

I saw some people positive that Evra was replaced, non fussed about Rio going. I through most were sad to see Vidic going but concede that he chose to go and couldn't be forced to stay. I would be interested in seeing how many said it was a positive they were all gone, I will look out for it going forward though.

Also Fabio was no loss, no loss at all, I don't know why you keep suggesting him going was in any way bad. Buttner was not a huge loss either and could be replaced by a reserve or existing player, he started 9 league games in two seasons.

Assuming UTD can hold onto Rio and any plaer that wants to leave.

I don't think anyone thought Vidic leaving was a positive. Rio and Evra have been poor for two seasons and are over the hill for UTD standards.

Thats what people have a problem with when it comes to the doomsayers. Its the stating opinion as fact tripe thats the worst. The broken record aspect of their moaning.

From the press reports it looks like LVG came in and pulled the plug on the Kross groundwork Moyes had done. He showed 0% interest in Fabregas when Barca said they were letting him go. All the defenders we were linked with under Moyes were no longer pursued and instead we had names like Vermalen and Blind popping up.

People would be rioting if this was happening under Moyes and Woodward but as it seems LVG is a better coach he gets none of the transfer blame when it seems he pulled the plug or cooled our interest in good players and took three weeks to asses the squad before going for a CB. Yet the same poster attacking Moyes wont say LVG is to blame and have the nerve to accuse other or not willing to have a go at LVG.

Its the pure Hypocrisy of blaming Woodward who has signed players in every window now getting 100% of the transfer blame and LVG getting none when it seems clear he has called the shots.

If their was some consistancy to the moaning it would be more bearable but swiching stances so drastically from balming Moyes and Woodward to blaming just Woodward in a window where he has signed two players, and followed LVGs instructions and not bid for the likes of Kross and Cesc and gone for bloddy Vermalen.

If Moyes all of a sudden called of the Kross deal, not gone for Cesc and bid for Vermalen poeple would have had a fit and crashed this thread. Its the sheer transparent and contradicionary method of the naysayers dishing out of blame that makes them hard to listen to and so uncredible and laughable.

I'm agreeing with your final paragraph, in a roundabout way mind you!

Well in that case let me congratualte you on the excellent post :D

Question for all

Who are your top targets for us then?

Lets assume

CB
    CB
    LB (cover)
    CM

Beyond that we're probably dreaming and lets assume nobody else is leaving (for now)

Mats Hummels : All round good aggressive superb center back, great leadership and a proven winner.

Jan Vertongen : An experienced premiership player now who had a really good couple of seasons for Spurs

Blind : is a good footballer with a great touch, two good feet and a good range of passing all for a big guy who can be very versatile and cover across the back as well as midfield...

Vidal : I was a fan before he bacme the a united muppet summer wet dream. I was at the AC Milan vs Juventus game also during the season gone and from the seats we had he was great to watch. A super all round player with great positional sense, a threat going forward, an intelligent user of the ball and an imposing effective presence when defending. A beast of a player.

Having said all that I'd substitute one of those dedicated CB spots for a second midfielder.

The type of comment we saw so often this time last year too. The manager may have changed but the person in charge of actually doing the deals is the same.

The same guy that has brought in Mata, Shaw and Herrera since then?

LVG has stated he is looking at what he has. Also, it's pretty evident from the small bits of concrete information that we are interested in Vidal and that a deal could be done, but the club are being cautious because of the injury. We are also clearly looking to sign a CB.

I can understand people being nervous given that the season starts in a week but we have to have some patience.

Mats Hummels : All round good aggressive superb center back, great leadership and a proven winner.

Jan Vertongen : An experienced premiership player now who had a really good couple of seasons for Spurs

Blind : is a good footballer with a great touch, two good feet and a good range of passing all for a big guy who can be very versatile and cover across the back as well as midfield...

Vidal : I was a fan before he bacme the a united muppet summer wet dream. I was at the AC Milan vs Juventus game also during the season gone and from the seats we had he was great to watch. A super all round player with great positional sense, a threat going forward, an intelligent user of the ball and an imposing effective presence when defending. A beast of a player.

Thats probably the guts of £130m? Really think we are spending that on top of the £60m or so already spent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

So you'd be happy with a defence of blacket, Carrick and fletcher vs Liverpool

I love the way you're running scared already after the beatings you got last season.

This is definitely out year 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

LVG has stated he is looking at what he has.

Then somebody get the man some glasses, maybe slip him a reminder of what month it is when you're at it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Having said all that I'd substitute one of those dedicated CB spots for a second midfielder.

No chance of Hummels or Vidal.
    I think Vertonghen would be a perfect choice for van Gaal. It would probably take ridiculous money for Spurs to part with him though.

If Strootman is fit I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Thats probably the guts of £130m? Really think we are spending that on top of the £60m or so already spent?

Why not ? The mantra from the club was that money was there, no budget and if the incoming manager wanted to spend to improve the squad then no expense would be spared. That could still be the case of course but perhaps LVG sees it differently or some or all of those targets or indeed his targets are not available or Woodward just can't make it happen.

In reality I could see.. Vidal, Blind and An Other.. Maybe with one or two lesser know players on deadline day like has happened previously.

No chance of Hummels or Vidal.
    I think Vertonghen would be a perfect choice for van Gaal. It would probably take ridiculous money for Spurs to part with him though.

If Strootman is fit I'd take him in a heartbeat.

I'd not dismiss Vidal as yet. Hummels I'd say is a no go getting the captaincy at Dortmund. I'd like Vertonghen but Spurs do not like doing business with us and tend to really take us to the limit and beyond for players ie. Berbatov.

I suspect Strootman would be wearing a United shirt as we speak if not for the injury and I wouldn't be surprised to see him in one next year.

Why not ? The mantra from the club was that money was there, no budget and if the incoming manager wanted to spend to improve the squad then no expense would be spared. That could still be the case of course but perhaps LVG sees it differently or some or all of those targets or indeed his targets are not available or Woodward just can't make it happen.

In reality I could see.. Vidal, Blind and An Other.. Maybe with one or two lesser know players on deadline day like has happened previously.

Cause it would mean we have spent £230m this calendar year and there would still be gaps in the squad. Not a chance of that happening at all. I think we will see more Blind type than Vidal type signings.

The same guy that has brought in Mata, Shaw and Herrera since then?

LVG has stated he is looking at what he has. Also, it's pretty evident from the small bits of concrete information that we are interested in Vidal and that a deal could be done, but the club are being cautious because of the injury. We are also clearly looking to sign a CB.

I can understand people being nervous given that the season starts in a week but we have to have some patience.

Your wasting your time. Its clear LVG is calling the shots but certain people have made Woodward their scapegoat since last summer and nothing will change their mind.

I mean just look at the evidence. Last summer we were linked with 3-4 players in the press and apparently made bids but didn't get them. The only scenario like that this window has been Vermalen but Wegner wanted him out of England once he decided he was going.

These people honestly think Woodward is not even bidding on players after LVG has told him too or the press arent getting wind in this day and age. I mean now they have shifted to "Woodward won't or cant even bid for a player"

Its clear that LVG (who has made some weird calls this window) has not indicated anyone besides Shaw and Herrera and once he did Woodward bid for him (Vermalen)

Its fantasy stuff from guys who want to blame someone but don't want to have pop at LVG even though he is taking his time in getting things done his way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Liverpool will spend over 100 million this summer, if we aren't in a position to invest 60 million more than them when it it is badly needed then I would be really worried

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

I think they are all great targets. Blind and Vertongen would cost more than they are realistically worth. I think Benatia would be a more feasible option than Hummels at this point in time, then Subotic as the second CB signed. Vidal for me or potentially Carvalho.

Being honest there is a lot of options for us in CM. Any one of Verratti, Kramer or Bender (Lars) would be a vast improvement on what's available to us at the moment and could be in our team for years. Would love Verratti to be signed.

Liverpool will spend over 100 million this summer, if we aren't in a position to invest 60 million more than them when it it is badly needed then I would be really worried

But they got £75m in for Suarez. We have got nothing in. Just to reiterate, it would be us shelling out £230m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

duffman13 wrote: »
    I think they are all great targets. Blind and Vertongen would cost more than they are realistically worth. I think Benatia would be a more feasible option than Hummels at this point in time then Subotic as the second CB signed. Vidal for me or potentially Carvalho. Being honest there is a lot of options for us in CM. Any one of Verratti, Kramer or Bender (Lars) would be a vast improvement on what's available to us at the moment and could be in our team for years. Would love Verratti to be signed.

If you're talking about overpaying for Blind and Vertonghen then you can forget about Benatia if the quotes I read are true...

Edit:
    Sabatini said: "I believe that Mehdi has been influenced by his agent. He speaks of €30m (£24.4m), so we need at least €60 maybe even €61.

"Anyone who wants Benatia will have to pay €61 (£49.6m)."

Then somebody get the man some glasses, maybe slip him a reminder of what month it is when you're at it.

For me, we had 5 critical pieces of business to attend to before the start if the new season.

1) Bring in a top manager
    2) Pick the confidence of the players off the floor
    3) Sign a first team LB
    4) Sign a first team CM
    5) Sign an experienced CB

We have ticked off the first 4 very quickly. We are certainly looking at CBs and we are certainly in for Vidal based on actual quotes from the player and Juve staff.

It's funny, last year we were all hoping that United would just shut up and do the transfers in the quiet. We have that at the moment but people are now upset that there is no news. We can't have it both ways.

If we sign no one else until Christmas, then so be it. I think we have the players, the manager and the mentality to be challenging at Christmas when we could strengthen significantly. Well be winning a few games 3-2 but sure at least it'll be exciting :-D

I'm actually delighted that Van Gaal is taking his sweet time. I'm be more annoyed if he came in and splurged 100m on players when someone in the squad could flourish under him.

duffman13 wrote: »
    I think they are all great targets. Blind and Vertongen would cost more than they are realistically worth. I think Benatia would be a more feasible option than Hummels at this point in time, then Subotic as the second CB signed. Vidal for me or potentially Carvalho.

Being honest there is a lot of options for us in CM. Any one of Verratti, Kramer or Bender (Lars) would be a vast improvement on what's available to us at the moment and could be in our team for years. Would love Verratti to be signed.

Great call, I'd have Veratti in a United shirt tomorrow, I really think his aggressive style would suit us and the PL down to the ground. I wonder how difficult it would be to prise him from PSG, they have made a couple of signings in midfield over the summer and have really good options but it doesn't look like he is a target. Linked with us a lot last year not a dickie this year. Shame wonderful player.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement