Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Order History shows the current status as;
    This order is currently being picked in our warehouse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Ordered the 1994 FA Cup Final jersey, but not confident at all of getting it. Even the 9ct Gold and Sterling Silver jewellery all have crazy reductions of over 50% - unlikely to be honored.

Edit: Even the pool tables have been reduced by almost 700 quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,230 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hope we don't receive an email saying the order was invalid or something similar.

Or maybe the website was hacked and some shady guy has everyone's bank details.

I'm always wary of good deals....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I think worst case they refund the money. Surely worth a go.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I think worst case they refund the money. Surely worth a go.

Exactly, nothing to lose by ordering really, money will be refunded if it's not honoured.

Ordered the away jersey for €35. Everything on the site is showing up at basically 1/3 of the normal price. I think we will all get cancellation emails tomorrow but sure we might as well give it a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

As far as I know it's illegal lads. Once they accept payment and you get order confirmation they have too honour it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Is anyone still getting the Jersey's dirt cheap or is the bug fixed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

MrMac84 wrote: »
    As far as I know it's illegal lads. Once they accept payment and you get order confirmation they have too honour it!

That's not true unfortunately. They don't have to honour it. I've followed far too many of these "glitches" on the Bargain Alerts forum. They very, very rarely get honoured.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

That's not true unfortunately. They don't have to honour it. I've followed far too many of these "glitches" on the Bargain Alerts forum. They very, very rarely get honoured.

:pac: was going to post the same thing about BA. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I'll be getting onto Conor pope if they don't honour it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

Not so sure about that. I vaguely recall buying something that was stupidly priced on Littlewoods (after seeing a link to it on Boards) a few years back, got the confirmation etc, and then a call the next morning to apologise that it was an error. I think their terms and conditions, which you accept when making a purchase, will probably cover pricing errors in the small print.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

How many did you order seriously?

Just 1 for the nephew, got mine already the other day. Don't think they'll honour it, people will buy a lot it's basically tripling their money

I remember a hilarious thread on bargain alerts when something was going really cheap and some guy ruined it for everyone by ordering a crazy amount and it obviously got flagged and all of the orders were put on hold then cancelled :pac:

Some ammunition for Joe Duffy when this goes all 'Garth Brooks' on us; :pac:
    What if the price is "obviously" wrong?
    If the consumer is aware of the mistake before placing an order, there may be no agreement between the retailer and the consumer. When Digilandmall.com mistakenly priced a printer at Singapore (SGD) $66 rather than around SGD $3854, at least six people placed multiple orders which were automatically processed by the website. Later that day Digiland became aware of the error and told its customers that their orders would not be fulfilled. The customers challenged this decision in the Singaporean courts, but lost – the court decided that the customers had actually been aware that there was a mistake as to the price of the printer before they placed their orders and therefore there was no agreement between the parties.

However e-tailers should be cautious about relying on this. Firstly, pricing errors are not always obvious to consumers, as the internet is often seen as the place to find good deals. Secondly, a contract will not be invalidated if the mistake relates to one party's understanding rather than an actual term. For more information about the effects of a mistake, see High Court upholds contract entered into by mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Ed snuck into the United server room to change the prices to get extra funding for Vidal.

Heard it here first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Ah i missed it, Hopefully you's get them now as someone said nothing to lose worth a go.

None of the pages load now when you click on anything.

Just comes up "The resource cannot be found."

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It was a nice distraction from all the transfer talk for a few hours at least! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,230 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

An File wrote: »
    It was a nice distraction from all the transfer talk for a few hours at least! :D

Vidal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

We at the Manchester United Online Megastore pride ourselves on giving all our customers a first rate service at exceptional value.
    If however, you experience any problems with your order, please contact us within seven days.
    Goods that are delivered to you damaged, faulty or in error can be returned.
    A VAT receipt or a full statement of our terms and conditions can also be obtained by contacting the number above.
    Thank you for shopping with us!
    Yes it is.
    Please see below.
    Manchester United Home Shirt 2014/15 Red with Kagawa 26 printing L 1 31.20€ 31.20€
    Manchester United Away Shirt 2014/15 White with Mata 8 printing L 1 31.20€ 31.20€

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭baldshin

Quite clearly a pricing mistake which does not have to be honoured. However, depending on how much has been ordered, they may well honour orders as a goodwill gesture, great pr. If not, expect and apology and maybe a 10% discount of your next order I reckon. I always order when I know its a mistake anyway, nothing to lose and sometimes it works out well!

Once you get confirmation I belive they have too by law

Nope, happened on the M&S sight a few months ago.

Prices are still reduced???

Try closing out of all tabs etc and opening them again.

Ordered 2, one for me and one for the bro, mata away, kagawa home, dont care which one he wants, i'm happy with either :)

Think he'll take kags as he loves evil kagawa

De Gea, Smalling, Jones, Evans, Valencia, Fletcher (c), Herrera, Shaw, Mata, Welbeck, Rooney

Same line up posted earlier? Edit. Yup it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I got the line up 5 hours ago correct. #ITK #IndyWhatsisname

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Keno wrote: »
    Great price, pity I don't like the jersey!

I think I'm gonna stay up for the match. It's a bit of history.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I bought one. Mata Home.

After you all bought one my scumbag brain kicked in like this...
    OMfx7W6.gif

Gratsi, Mikey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Looks like 3 at the back folks!

Shaw and Valencia will need to have race horse like stamina to cover the flanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Gonna be so weird watching us play that formation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Could be 433. I reckon we're losing this but should be interesting all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Could be 433. I reckon we're losing this but should be interesting all the same.

The MUTV guys have it as 3-4-1-2. Could easily be 4-3-3 with a bit of a tweak.

Not seeing that on the link I gave myself, maybe it's because it's from the MUTV feed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Legit Chevrolet stream up and running, happy days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭Esox Lucias

Is the encryption gone? Yaaay. Tis a great stream tbf.

Is the encryption gone? Yaaay. Tis a great stream tbf.

Bugger. It's back counting down on the screen. Please don't go stream....

Sacramento wrote: »
    This works for me in Canada, might not be region locked!

The stream for earlier is still working for me. The encryption was just a scare tactic (I hope). Wouldnt surprise me if it cut out at kickoff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

This works for me in Canada, might not be region locked!
    The stream for earlier is still working for me. The encryption was just a scare tactic (I hope). Wouldnt surprise me if it cut out at kickoff.

Gone!!?? :(

Gone!!?? :(

On a loop of them walking out the tunnel for me. If anyone has a recipe. I'm hungry.

Seems to have crashed. It's not encrypted, that's only showing up because they're broadcasting the MUTV feed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Julez

Looks like 3-4-1-2 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Getting the same loop of the players walking out just.

I imagine chevrolet aren't used to sustained traffic like this on their website and that's causing the problem maybe?

Working for me!

Back now for me, though a bit laggy.

Chevrolet stream kept crashing, so moving on to pastures new

Serious hit from Herrera!!

• Advertisement

Chevrolet orig-21212127.jpg

:mad::mad::mad:

Major confusion on the flanks when defending. Will take time to get used to back 3

LVG will get a good look here and might realise who's up to it faster than he thought!!

Jokes aside, will take time. Least Mata is central.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Julez

Serious hit from Herrera!!

Yeah, he looks lively too. Moving around and always looking for the ball.

Shaw leaving our left side well unprotected there in memory of Evra. Respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Nice goal

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement