Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Is the game exclusive to MUTV?
    Anywhere across the Atlantic showing it? FOX or Sportsnet etc?

Bahamas ESPN 2 Caribbean
    Barbados ESPN 2 Caribbean
    Belgium Sporting 1
    Brazil ESPN
    China PPLive
    Croatia Sportklub HD Croatia, Sportklub 3 Croatia
    Hungary SportKlub Hungary
    Indonesia RTV, beIN Sports 2 HD
    International MUTV
    Israel Sport 1
    Mexico ESPN DOS
    Netherlands Fox Sports 2
    Nigeria SuperSport 7 Nigeria
    Norway TV2 Sumo, TV2 Sport Premium
    Portugal Sport TV1
    Romania Dolce Sport 2
    Slovenia SportKlub HD Slovenia, Sportklub 3 Slovenia
    South Africa SMB4, SuperSport Internet 7, SuperSport Maximo 2, SuperSport 7, SMB2
    Spain Gol Stadium, GOL T
    Thailand True Sport HD 3
    Trinidad and Tobago ESPN 2 Caribbean
    United States WATCH ESPN, ESPN Deportes

Any mention of what number Adnan is wearing tonight?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Is the game exclusive to MUTV?
    Anywhere across the Atlantic showing it? FOX or Sportsnet etc?

It's available online for €2.

Are people really so cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Don't know if it's been posted before but you can watch the game on the Man Utd website with a €2 pass. Can't go wrong really for one game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

There transfer ticker does include rumours from other sources so they're hardly reliable if they're copying and pasting other sites' crap

Its here, on its own if that helps

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28763841
    Sporting Lisbon defender Marcos Rojo has handed in a transfer request and told his club he wants to be allowed to join Manchester United.
    United have submitted a £15.9m (20m Euro) offer for Rojo, 24, who played for Argentina in the World Cup final.
    Sporting, runners-up in Portugal's Primeira Liga, are considering the bid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

The boss spotted on the pitch, warming up with the lads......

14195_BEhOMqACYAA0Tzs_copy.jpg

Any mention of what number Adnan is wearing tonight?

44 on Sky but rumours he's wearing 11 now, unofficial reports.

EDIT: Yeh he's 44 tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Bannerman7

Looks like #mufc link with Sporting Lisbon Marcos Rojo is a goer
    — Stuart Mathieson (@StuMathiesonMEN) August 12, 2014

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

It's available online for €2.

Are people really so cheap?
    I pay a subscription to a streaming site. They never have MUTV hence why I asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I'm not doubting BBC credibility but Sporting haven't even accepted any bids yet. Some people are taking it as if the deal is done and dusted. I'm not going to get carried away until I hear a statement from the club saying he has passed a medical and that the personal terms are agreed.

Anyway moving on, it will be interesting to see how the likes of Fellaini and Januzaj do tonight. Haven't seen them in action since the WC.

• Advertisement

Valencia Team v United Diego Alves, Barragan, Vezo, Otamendi, Gaya, Parejo,Javi Fuego, Gomes, Feghouli, Alcacer, Rodrigo.
    Subs Yoel, Piatti, Joao Pereira, De Paul, Guardado, Orban, Mustafi,Vinicius Araujo, Robert, Carles Gil, Domenech Jaume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I'm not doubting BBC credibility but Sporting haven't even accepted any bids yet. Some people are taking it as if the deal is done and dusted. I'm not going to get carried away until I hear a statement from the club saying he has passed a medical and that the personal terms are agreed.

Anyway moving on, it will be interesting to see how the likes of Fellaini and Januzaj do tonight. Haven't seen them in action since the WC.

I don't think anyone has said the deal done.

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 1m
    NB: Tonight's squad numbers are not necessarily the final numbers players will wear during the 2014/15 season.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I don't think anyone has said the deal done.

Im not going to pick people out but there have been people saying they are pleased with the signing on the thread.

Also even away from the thread on other sites people have been talking as if its done.

Early days in my view.

But saying that theres no point dwelling on it.

MUTV have Januzaj wearing 44 so it doesn't look like he's been given the 11 jersey yet anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I've Sky and i'm watching the build up on MUTV.. at 7:25 it will turn off.. will that 1.99 payment work for Sky :D would like to watch it on the big screen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Shaw injured according to LVG?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

LVG confirming we have a lot of injuries already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Shaw injured according to LVG?

Shaw, Valencia, Welbeck, possibly Evans

A lot of injuries according to Van Gaal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I'd love if Utd kept this €1.99 to watch a match online thing going throughout the season. So handy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

van gaal worried about the amount of injuries. Time to get the finger out and buy some f*cking players woodward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Adamocovic wrote: »

Player hands in transfer request to move to United, United place a bid i would be shocked if it isn't completed soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Ugh, Crerand.

OctavarIan wrote: »
    I'd love if Utd kept this €1.99 to watch a match online thing going throughout the season. So handy!

If only MUTV had every league game, it would be so handy for the fans (not commercially beneficial though!)

i like the united tracksuits giggs etc wearing. very retro look to them

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Player hands in transfer request to move to United, United place a bid i would be shocked if it isn't completed soon.

Does the deal look likely? Yes.
    Is it set in stone? No.

We have seen before and even this season that anything can happen to derail a move.

My point is that personally I won't take the deal as done until the club announce it. Each to their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

OctavarIan wrote: »

With the money spent by Sky and BT Sports, they have full TV and streaming rights so that won't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

And our new leader walks out at OT for the first time. Looking like he owns the place.:cool:

Ugh, Crerand.

Ha, should try ESPN... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

What the fúck just happened there?

Watching it on MUTV now.. Hooked it up to tv via HDMI :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Daniel Taylor saying he knows Utd had a deal in place for Kroos which was cancelled by LvG. Not exactly new news or anything but interesting to hear it coming from someone usually reliable, obviously he could just be regurgitating Utd spin of course.

Daniel Taylor saying he knows Utd had a deal in place for Kroos which was cancelled by LvG. Not exactly new news or anything but interesting to hear it coming from someone usually reliable, obviously he could just be regurgitating Utd spin of course.

Someone explain to me why LVG would not want Kroos?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Mind boggling :confused:

At least Mata has his facial hair back anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

He gave him his debut at Bayern. Maybe he felt he wasn't what he needed especially after already signing Herrera.
    I trust his judgement even If I don't agree with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

He used him as a number 10 at Bayern and Mata is better than him at 10

It's not far fetched that he doesn't think he will work in midfield in his system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Slow enough start to the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

He used him as a number 10 at Bayern and Mata is better than him at 10

It's not far fetched that he doesn't think he will work in midfield in his system

Matas left wing back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

It could also be an arse covering story by Woodward to give the impression that he had a great signing lined up and ready to go but for the intervention of LVG. The bigger question about Kroos is, if he is so good why didnt Bayern work harder to keep him and why such a modest transfer fee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I know it's a friendly but Jaysus the crowd are very mute. Make some noise people!!!

n32 wrote: »
    It could also be an arse covering story by Woodward to give the impression that he had a great signing lined up and ready to go but for the intervention of LVG. The bigger question about Kroos is, if he is so good why didnt Bayern work harder to keep him and why such a modest transfer fee?

Year left on his contract, didn't seem inclined to sign another one (or demanded too much money from Bayern), so Bayern weren't in a great bargaining position. It was sell him for a knocked down fee or lose him for nothing a year later.

He's patently a very very good player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It's a bit of a worry how the middle of the park has been a no go zone in this so far and the Liverpool game

Pushed out wide 90% of the time

Not to entertaining so far

(Hopefully by saying this they score )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

n32 wrote: »

I really doubt LvG would keep quiet about it if that was the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I love this formation. Just seems really comfortable.

Also i don't care if Blackett has a few howlers this season I'd like to see him play a lot of games anyway. He could turn out to be great if he gets experience.

It's a bit of a worry how the middle of the park has been a no go zone in this so far and the Liverpool game

Pushed out wide 90% of the time

All competent teams crowd the centre and try to push the opposition out wide though so I am not worried at this early stage.

United are spreading wide as possible to retain possession, the ball isn't getting pumped into the box from any and every angle though so that is good. Its going to take them a while to link up and use the ball properly while getting used to keeping the ball and probing rather than pumping it in like Moyes had them doing.

crerand is a terrible commentator. Very cringeworthy comments.You can feel the co commentators awkwardness at times

Peno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

What a pass Ander!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement