Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Soft one, nice buildup tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

great cross from young

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Rooney was trying to take off there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Saved

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

I don't know the exact stats, but I believe Alves has actually saved more than half the penalties taken on him the last couple of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

great cross from young

It really was.

Reply seems to show he hit the post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Rooney looks so lean

NeVeR wrote: »
    Reply seems to show he hit the post

yah he did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Delighted to see actual, solid, concrete links to a player, and a player in the right age bracket as well!

Does beg the question though, if LVG feels Rojo is good enough for United why wait until now before making an approach? Thats the type of transfer work that frustrates, we spend weeks sniffing around a crock like Vermalean when (judging by his reaction to the bid) we could have picked Rojo up at any time.

Now for a midfielder, which is still by far our biggest problem area. On that issue, its interesting to see Cleverley not in the first 11 again tonight. Am I right in saying he figured only sporadically in the US tour? Hopefully LVG has seen through this guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Hope we mix it up a bit in the 2nd half and go more attacking.
    No need for 3 CBs with Valencia playing so defensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Delighted to see actual, solid, concrete links to a player, and a player in the right age bracket as well!

Does beg the question though, if LVG feels Rojo is good enough for United why wait until now before making an approach? Thats the type of transfer work that frustrates, we spend weeks sniffing around a crock like Vermalean when Ijudging by his reaction to the bid) we could have picked Rojo up at any time.

Now for a midfielder, which is still by far our biggest problem area. On that issue, its interesting to see Cleverley not in the first 11 again tonight. Am I right in saying he figured only sporadically in the US tour? Hopefully LVG has seen through this guy.

Rojo must have been his second choice behind Vermaelen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

This is practically a training exercise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

That lad james looks pretty impressive so far

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

OctavarIan wrote: »
    This is practically a training exercise.

It would be a training exercise to Van Gaal.

• Advertisement

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Rojo must have been his second choice being Vermaelen.

I appreciate that, but I still wonder why it took so long. Hell, considering our numbers why not bid for both of them?

Gotta say I'm very impressed with Blackett and James. They seem so composed and comfortable for such young lads.
    Both of them need to improve their decision making but that will come with experience and playing.
    Definitely think they could serve as fine squad players for the year ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I know it's 0-0 but have to say we seem comfortable. Hopefully the comfortable possession football continues when the league campaign starts.

EDIT: Also loving Jones run at CB, starting every game hopefully shows VG has the faith in him to give I'm a lead role in CB this year.
    Also James and Blackett have been top notch. Can't wait to see how Fellaini and Januzaj do now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

yermandan wrote: »
    Rooney looks so lean

V1tEGsF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Anyone have an English stream lads? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Got sorted! Nvm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

RVN10 wrote: »
    That lad james looks pretty impressive so far

Supercup thread is that way ---->

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Does beg the question though, if LVG feels Rojo is good enough for United why wait until now before making an approach? Thats the type of transfer work that frustrates, we spend weeks sniffing around a crock like Vermalean when (judging by his reaction to the bid) we could have picked Rojo up at any time.

Maybe we need 2 Centre Back transfers and Vermaelen and Hummels were first choice. Vermaelen deal finished last week so they moved for the next target on the list. Whats wrong with that? Also you have no idea he could be got at any time. We still haven't got him.

I have no clue what your normal stance is on Uniteds transfer policies but if you are turning into a fan that moans about anything then you've been reading this forum too long and its rubbing off on you. There is such a dreadful attitude in here by a few people regarding the club and the game that I wonder why they even watch the game as it seems to cause them so much grief.

The assumption that we have any idea how these deals evolve is laughable too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

thelad95 wrote: »
    Supercup thread is that way ---->

:P

Well played sir , i should have said reece james :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Yay!

Goalllllll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Delighted for Fletch. He's chuffed with himself too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Deflection has been a great addition to the squad and I expect him to continue his form during the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

This commentary is horrendous! Would hate to have to listen to this all season.

Missed the goal & replay thanks to the fecking stream crashing.

elefant wrote: »

It's like two know it all old lads in the pub !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Rooney has to be more selfish there

Rooney should have done better there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

elefant wrote: »

Crerand is the main reason I cancelled my MUTV subscription.

GSPfan wrote: »
    I have no clue what your normal stance is on Uniteds transfer policies but if you are turning into a fan that moans about anything then you've been reading this forum too long and its rubbing off on you. There is such a dreadful attitude in here by a few people regarding the club and the game that I wonder why they even watch the game as it seems to cause them so much grief.

This constant need to make personal remarks against anybody who criticises the club is getting very boring, and I am surprised the mods seem happy to ignore it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Some people seem to have an issue with posters wanting the best for United. Personally, I am disgusted by United's transfer activity over recent years and I was disgusted with Moyes' appointment. Our aim should be to overhaul Liverpool's 5 European Cups in the first instance. When I look at Real Madrid's team, I see where I would like us to be. Finally deploying our commercial revenue on the pitch. Finally shopping at Brown Thomas rather than Tesco. Not faffing about and squandering tens of millions on spoofers like Fellaini. With the current squad, we're going nowhere. 4th's a possibility but since when is 4th an acceptable target for Manchester United? Notwithstanding his reputation, many people will be calling for Van Gaal's head if we don't get 4th. So why in God's name haven't we done any meaningful business since Shaw?

With players of the quality of Vidal and Hummels, we would be title contenders. At the moment, we haven't a hope. If something isn't done, who's to blame? Woodward? Van Gaal? The Glazers?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Jaysus Larry you get very annoyed by Manchester United in the late evening/night time :pac:

Shocking corner there, but my stream quality is so poor, I don't even know who took it.:(

Some people seem to have an issue with posters wanting the best for United. Personally, I am disgusted by United's transfer activity over recent years and I was disgusted with Moyes' appointment. Our aim should be to overhaul Liverpool's 5 European Cups in the first instance. When I look at Real Madrid's team, I see where I would like us to be. Finally deploying our commercial revenue on the pitch. Finally shopping at Brown Thomas rather than Tesco. Not faffing about and squandering tens of millions on spoofers like Fellaini. With the current squad, we're going nowhere. 4th's a possibility but since when is 4th an acceptable target for Manchester United? Notwithstanding his reputation, many people will be calling for Van Gaal's head if we don't get 4th. So why in God's name haven't we done any meaningful business since Shaw?

With players of the quality of Vidal and Hummels, we would be title contenders. At the moment, we haven't a hope. If something isn't done, who's to blame? Woodward? Van Gaal? The Glazers?

Fairly strong post but I agree on most of the points.

Personally I feel Fergie ignored the CM midfield problem for far too long, whether that was a financial issue or stubbornness I don't know.

Still confident of getting 4th but not much more than that this season

The magic of United in the late 90's and through the 2000's isn't really there anymore, I think its been rotting abit since Ronaldo left

Just as I say it a spoofer like Cleverley gives away a goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

I appreciate that, but I still wonder why it took so long. Hell, considering our numbers why not bid for both of them?

bid for both? it is not football manager they are playing!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Imagine if Fellaini came on and played everyone off the park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

you cannot compare us to real madrid, they are bank rolled and have their debt regularly wiped

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Cleverley with an assist on his birthday. He'll be chuffed.

Nice goal. Cleverley just has no luck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Jaysus Larry you get very annoyed by Manchester United in the late evening/night time :pac:

I am very annoyed at what I see as the mismanagement of our club. When Van Gaal was appointed, my expectation for this coming season was 4th at a minimum. But, secretly, I expected us to mount a title challenge because I fully expected someone like Van Gaal to quickly see through spoofers like Cleverley and Fellaini and to sign truly world class talent. That hasn't happened, so I'm decidely disenchanted. I see us being in a dogfight for 4th which could potentially go either way and that saddens me immensely. Van Gaal could be our Jose Mourinho or our Phil Scolari...at this stage I just don't know. But I am not a happy bunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Cleverly just keeps on giving...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Cleverley with a good assist for Valencia.

Shambolic defending by him in all seriousness.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Jesus wept Cleverley.......

I'm loving the main commentator making a show of Paddy Crerand.
    "Think it came off Fletcher", "fletcher's not on the pitch paddy".
    Makes some claim about something Valencia did "that was bayer leverkusen paddy".
    Compliments your man on doing his homework, "well one of us has to do it".

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Answer probably lies in how far down the list of potential signings he was a couple of weeks ago. Doubt if he's first choice tbh which is slightly worrying. How many knock backs did we get, Hummels, Vermaelen, AN Other/s?

Not exactly the signing I hoped for but lets see how he progresses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Is Fellaini wearing a wig? I thought he shaved his head recently?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement