Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Yes!

Bet they Love Felliani now :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Fellaini!! Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Valencia fan, but happy for Fellaini if anyone was going to get a winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Haha had a feeling that happen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

A big **** you to those pricks. Fair play, Fellaini.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Delighted for Fellani

Morons in the crowd all cheering him now :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭keano25

Rooney has been woeful..

Cleverley not Utd standard..

Fans have been embarrassing booing Fellaini..

And he's just shut them up.. Haha

Football eh... Bloody hell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭tipperary

Imagine if Fellaini came on and played everyone off the park.

Yeah, imagine if he came on and saved the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Get in Fellaini.........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

A big FU to the mockers in the crowd...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Delighted for him, that's one way to shut up the morons

Maybe he isn't a fit for United but there's ways to do things if he has to be moved on

Fans were disgusting tonight when he was on the ball, good on him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Delighted!! That'll shut up the haters!! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Oh my ****ing god my voice is gone. Take that you fcuking tools in the crowd.

DELIGHTED. YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I'm so happy for him! **** those plastic fans!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Good man Fellaini! Happy he scored. Stupid people jeering him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Hahaha Fellaini!!!! Good man, that should shut those muppets in the crowd up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

I am very annoyed at what I see as the mismanagement of our club. When Van Gaal was appointed, my expectation for this coming season was 4th at a minimum. But, secretly, I expected us to mount a title challenge because I fully expected someone like Van Gaal to quickly see through spoofers like Cleverley and Fellaini and to sign truly world class talent. That hasn't happened, so I'm decidely disenchanted. I see us being in a dogfight for 4th which could potentially go either way and that saddens me immensely. Van Gaal could be our Jose Mourinho or our Phil Scolari...at this stage I just don't know. But I am not a happy bunny.

I don't get it Larry, We are signing Vidal aren't we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

What a way to end the game ha.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

bmcc10 wrote: »
    I don't get it Larry, We are signing Vidal aren't we?

We are, he's on the bus as we speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭elchupanebrey

Yes. He's wearing a wig.

LOL:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Decent run out for the team in time for Saturday. Blackett was great, I thought he read the game so well. James played well down the left. Still need to strengthen that back line though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Delighted for him, doesnt deserve that, the treatment hes getting is disgraceful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Fellaini's first and last goal for Man United :( Despite the sneaky push and the Valencia keeper running into his own defender, it was actually some finish. The majority of players would not be able to take that chance.

Overall, Fellaini actually did extremely well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Please tell me our players were not getting jeered at Old Trafford tonight

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pros
    Blackett, James, jones, Herrera all looking solid.
    Felaini shutting up the ****ing idiots who were booing him.
    2 goals from our midfielders.

Cons
    Rooney was beyond useless.
    Cleverly giving away a stupid goal as soon as he got on the field.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I hope Fellaini stays, there, I said it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Big announcement tomorrow lads, I have a feeling

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

There are two schools of thought with regard to booing "one of our own", probably best illustrated by reference to David Moyes.

Some people's view was "he is manager of Manchester United and I will stick by him no matter what".

Some other people's view (my own included) was that he was totally out of his depth and had to go. At Old Trafford, I would have booed David Moyes, chanted "Moyes out" and sung "Cum on Feel the Noize...Sack David Moyes". I would have chipped in towards the £800 to send that plane over Old Trafford if asked. Every day that man spent at Old Trafford was an extra day where we wouldn't be chasing our 6th European Cup.

My feelings regarding Fellaini are broadly similar...he is totally out of his depth and should be cashiered out.

Does a "real" fan laud anyone who wears the jersey or insist on the best for their club? I consider myself a Manchester United fanatic, but I have nothing but contempt for (say) Fellaini, Moyes and Barthez to name but a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Fellaini done better than Cleverley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Now over to you Ed. 2 players before the weekend please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

dubmick wrote: »

I can neither confirm nor deny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Be curious for many different reasons to hear what Van Gaal has to say in his post match interview been an interesting day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Fellani had a cracking game when he came on. Full of energy and got in their face. No reason he should leave after seeing that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

We are, he's on the bus as we speak.

75.5 hours left of summer we will be fine..........

I hope Fellaini stays, there, I said it.

I don't mind if he stays but not as a starter and more as a squad player, he has great potential to enforce a different option mainly when we're chasing a game. Hes better than most at that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Good to keep the momentum up so close to the start. I'd say VG won't be too impressed with the performance though.

Jones looking very solid and Young seems to be adapting well.

Delighted to see Fellaini score. The ironic cheering was disgraceful.

Can't wait for the season to start. Hopefully we can get a good run going!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Pro: When is the last time United got that trademark last minute winner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

dubmick wrote: »

fellaini was getting an awful doing by them i just hope that was just the plastics that were at it since it was a friendly and all

disgusting behaviour:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

J. Marston wrote: »
    Fellaini may not be good enough for United but it's absolutely pathetic to treat him like that.

Have to agree, want him to gone. But some fans were an absolute disgrace. Someone posted they are probably fans that don't go, or won't be at season games. And I suspect this myself, because they were fecking idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Disgraceful from the fans towards fellani, I don't want him here either, but that's no way to go about it. If anything TC23 should be out before him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I assumed the crowd were saying shooootttt rather than booing, said it to DDG at one stage, more a bit of craic as it was a pretty dull game?

Could be completely wrong though...

Blackett cracker of a game. Well played son, i'm improving my opinion of him every match.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

I think that was 'shoot'.

They were saying Boo-urns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

There are two schools of thought with regard to booing "one of our own", probably best illustrated by reference to David Moyes.

Some people's view was "he is manager of Manchester United and I will stick by him no matter what".

Some other people's view (my own included) was that he was totally out of his depth and had to go. At Old Trafford, I would have booed David Moyes, chanted "Moyes out" and sung "Cum on Feel the Noize...Sack David Moyes". I would have chipped in towards the £800 to send that plane over Old Trafford if asked. Every day that man spent at Old Trafford was an extra day where we wouldn't be chasing our 6th European Cup.

My feelings regarding Fellaini are broadly similar...he is totally out of his depth and should be cashiered out.

Does a "real" fan laud anyone who wears the jersey or insist on the best for their club? I consider myself a Manchester United fanatic, but I have nothing but contempt for (say) Fellaini, Moyes and Barthez to name but a few.

You'd fit in well with the rest of the muppets at the match tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

From listening to it it sounded like cheering.. but if he held onto the ball for more then 3 to 4 seconds it went into jeering....

Why are they ( if they are that is ) jeering him in the 1st place ? .. anything to do with the fact he was Moyes only signing and didn't play well last season .. or is it something else he's done over the summer ? -- Did he upset England at all ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Was Rooney that bad? Was only half watching but seemed to be picking up some ball and linking up with the young lad on the left well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Positives:
    - Blackett, very composed and comfortable
    - Jones was very good
    - Smalling was solid
    - Herrera was great, aside from a couple of misplaced passes.
    - Fellaini played well when he came on
    - Januzaj oozes class and he has a brilliant eye for a pass
    - R James was decent
    - Cleverley played alright

Negatives:
    - Rooney was poor
    - Chich was poor
    - Mata didn't do a whole pile

I couldn't believe my ears to hear the "fans" jeering Fellaini:mad:

Fcuking disgrace.

lordgoat wrote: »
    I assumed the crowd were saying shooootttt rather than booing, said it to DDG at one stage, more a bit of craic as it was a pretty dull game?

Could be completely wrong though...

Blackett cracker of a game. Well played son, i'm improving my opinion of him every match.

You are completely wrong,

Anytime he picked up the ball no matter where on the pitch you could hear the noise increase with the jeering, I've never seen that from United fans and it was shocking behavior

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

lordgoat wrote: »

I agree, I like this kid more and more every time I see him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Fellani had a cracking game when he came on. Full of energy and got in their face. No reason he should leave after seeing that.

Ah come on based on a friendly against valencia, i think last seasons form should be taken into consideration and based on that he should be sold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I am very annoyed at what I see as the mismanagement of our club. When Van Gaal was appointed, my expectation for this coming season was 4th at a minimum. But, secretly, I expected us to mount a title challenge because I fully expected someone like Van Gaal to quickly see through spoofers like Cleverley and Fellaini and to sign truly world class talent. That hasn't happened, so I'm decidely disenchanted. I see us being in a dogfight for 4th which could potentially go either way and that saddens me immensely. Van Gaal could be our Jose Mourinho or our Phil Scolari...at this stage I just don't know. But I am not a happy bunny.

But Larry your mate at jp Morgan will sort it
    Have some patience
    Vidal will sign today or tomorrow or Thursday or Friday....
    Then everything will be ok..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement