Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Headshot wrote: »
    I heard boo-urns

boo-urns-o.gif

Seriously tho I reckon give him a chance this season. why boo him when hes still a united player? He didn't look look out of his depth at the world cup and played every game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

A fair point. Your view's widely held I'd say.

Personally I found that "Chosen One" banner an affront and an abomination and I believe that fans who booed Moyes "did the club some service".

But it would be a boring world if we all agreed.

I agree with this point, Moyes needed to be removed one way or the other. I would have booed.

The circumstances Fellaini was jeered under tonight make no sense though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

RobertKK wrote: »
    Indeed, huge smiles from Ronaldo, a very warm embrace and hopefully that was Ronaldo nodding that he is returning next year to United, which is my prediction for next summer...

You need to move on Robert. He's just not that in to us.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

bangkok wrote: »
    you wouldnt have booed fellaini yet you would have booed moyes?! :confused:

I would definitely have booed Moyes.

If I was at the game tonight, I don't believe that I'd boo Fellaini. I might heckle him (e.g. "you're crap!" or "sell him!"). I fundamentally believe that Fellaini is an awful footballer...a Tony Cascarino type who is suited to Stoke City type long ball stuff rather than fluid football. I also believe that he's a nasty dirty player. I basically don't like anything about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Was just thinking there; Fellani has scored a goal in 15 minutes with LVG, as opposed to an entire season with Moyes. Hilarious stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Dunno how reliable or not this guy is but he reckons Dennis Irwin said that there would be announcement in the next 48 hrs, vidal??

https://twitter.com/totallymufc/status/499295046412566530

NTMK wrote: »
    and what the **** do you achieve by heckling one of your players?
    does the manager give 2 ****s about what you think? No
    do the owners give 2 ****s about what you think? No

Support the whole team for the 90mins or gtfo

How many times have chairmen pulled the trigger once a manager "loses the fans"?

Fans have an absolute right and in some cases an obligation to boo managers who are wrecking their club (e.g. David Moyes).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Thought Fellani did quite well when he can on, did himself no harm at all.

Loved Rooney 'slapping' Fellani's affro after the goal as well. Gave me a good chuckle.

LVG was great as well, high fiving loads of fans on his way out and gave a very frank and honest interview. Said it was our worst performance and that the youngsters did 'ok' buy that they are capable of more. Also said it was amazing to be the home manager at old Trafford (or words to that effect). I really love the way that he tells it as he sees it, no bull****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭sidcon

@TransferRelated: Arturo Vidal's move to Manchester United is 100% a done deal. [@BFairthorne]

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Shocking that he was booed. The squad is small and every player needs to be given as much of a lift as possible.

Delighted for him that he scored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Kagawa wrote: »
    Dunno how reliable or not this guy is but he reckons Dennis Irwin said that there would be announcement in the next 48 hrs, vidal??

https://twitter.com/totallymufc/status/499295046412566530

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Anyone familiar with this guy on twitter?

Ben Fairthorne @BFairthorne · 1h
    Followers will know I haven't reported transfer news all summer. Just been told by agent with players at United that Vidal is a 100% done.

Tom mcdermott saying it too

Tom McDermott @FootballMcD · 12m
    Someone talk to me about Vidal.... I'll wait outside the Best, Law, Charlton statue for apologies. Welcome @kingarturo23.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

If I was at the game tonight, I don't believe that I'd boo Fellaini. I might heckle him (e.g. "you're crap!" or "sell him!"). I fundamentally believe that Fellaini is an awful footballer...a Tony Cascarino type who is suited to Stoke City type long ball stuff rather than fluid football. I also believe that he's a nasty dirty player. I basically don't like anything about him.

How does heckling him solve anything? He's hardly gonna go "You're right, I am crap" and submit a transfer request now is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭steoin

bangkok wrote: »
    you wouldnt have booed fellaini yet you would have booed moyes?! :confused:

I think this is telling on oh so many levels, oh so many many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

you cant say he is an awful footballer either, he earns 80k a week playing football at one of the biggest clubs in the world. he was one of evertons best players when we signed him. i would say he is not suited to united alright but i wouldnt call him an awful player..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Simply Red wrote: »
    Anyone familiar with this guy on twitter?

Ben Fairthorne @BFairthorne · 1h
    Followers will know I haven't reported transfer news all summer. Just been told by agent with players at United that Vidal is a 100% done.

Tom mcdermott saying it too

Tom McDermott @FootballMcD · 12m
    Someone talk to me about Vidal.... I'll wait outside the Best, Law, Charlton statue for apologies. Welcome @kingarturo23.

Think Fairthorne was proven to be a bull****ter last summer.

Thought McDermott deleted his account when it seemed like Vidal was off, I guess he's back. Either way he's been confident of it all summer. Redcafe have his posts banned I think.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

You need to move on Robert. He's just not that in to us.

https://vine.co/v/MYeK9HPiXqz

But he loves SAF

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

One player. Fellaini. I don't think that I would boo him but I understand why some fans might.

I would not question such a fan's loyalty to the cause.

Perhaps such a fan actually is the more dedicated to the cause?

Are you actually for real?
    What has Fellaini done to warrant him getting booed?

Yes he had a poor season last year, so did pretty much every outfield player we have, bar maybe Rooney and Januzaj.
    The man only started a dozen league games, coming into United at the worst possible time surrounded by underperforming players, while also injured. No player should frankly ever get booed by his own fans regardless of performances unless he is physically seen to not be giving a sh!t out on the pitch.

If people want to say Fellaini should be sold I get that. Personally id like to see him being given a year since he didn't really get a chance last year, but I understand the viewpoint. But to come out an jeer him from the first second he was on the pitch, that is actually the most embarrassed I have ever been being a United fan, that sort of behaviour is so beneath what this club stands for.

The people that behave that way are complete and utter mindless sheep, incapable of forming their own opinions, but instead scapegoating a player based on what they hear about him as opposed to what they have seen.

People actually booing our own player at Old Trafford who is out there trying his best for the team, and not too long ago I remember people actually standing up for Tevez after he left even after the way he treated the club and the disrespect he showed.
    The mind boggles sometimes!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

i really don't understand why you would boo your own player. Even if you discount the complete dickishness of it, it makes no logical sense.

If you are booing an opposition player it is usually because you really dislike them or they are really good and you want to try and knock them off their stride and play worse.

Why you would want to boo your own player and try to strip his confidence is beyond me. Even if you dislike him, surely the point of of going to a game is to hopefully see your team win. The chances of that happening are lowered significantly if you boo your own players.

It's not Fellaini's fault that Utd paid that much money for him and that the manager that brought him in was a disaster. I don't think he is a Utd player but I would never be anything but supportive of his effort when he does play in the hope that he will prove me wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

ibx7HDYGuGkO4R.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

An awful footballer? Did you watch him at all at Everton. Did you see what he did in the 15 minutes he was afforded tonight? Also, he's able to play in a star-studded Belgian side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

We are still a world level team in terms of history, prizes, finances etc., we have obvious gaps where players know they will definitely be first teamers if they join. We have a world class manager. Yet we are still proving to be woeful at attracting world class players. Look around at RM and Barca with players arriving on a conveyor belt. Even Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City are strengthening their squads with their main targets. I have heard the simplistic "Woodward is useless" arguments but seriously, we are not a one man team as far as club management is concerned. Why are we so poor at getting our targets to join? I don't buy the Champions League argument because outside of Spain noone has a divine right to it, and we have a very good chance of getting back in next year. So what is the problem? A few days to the start of the league, a few weeks until the transfer season shuts, and huge holes still in our squad, and woefully inadequate players still in or on the edge of the starting 11. Something is seriously wrong when Man Utd are stuck with cast-offs and best players from second level teams, and I include Herrera and Shaw in that.

Matt Davies ‏@mattdaviesmcr 1m
    Interesting conversations tonight with few people at Old Trafford. Senior people at the club expect #MUFC to sign 3 players in next 7 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Ah jaysus lads, theres a few of ye being really dragged down here tonight.....why bother?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Jamie Jackson is saying that we're targeting Rojo, Blind and Di Maria. LVG is "determined to strengthen his Manchester United squad considerably in the final days of the transfer window ahead of its close in just over two weeks time"

Make of that what you will: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/12/manchester-united-target-marcos-rojo-argentina

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

v3ttel wrote: »
    Jamie Jackson is saying that we're targeting Rojo, Blind and Di Maria. LVG is "determined to strengthen his Manchester United squad considerably in the final days of the transfer window ahead of its close in just over two weeks time"

Make of that what you will: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/12/manchester-united-target-marcos-rojo-argentina

Hardly Kroos and Rodriguez is it. Or Modric, Or Vidal

My source said he's been told that #Vidal is coming to #MUFC at the weekend to finalise a deal so I'd expect a fee to be accepted by Friday.
    I know that sounded a bit "Chinese whispers" however this guy is close to a lot of the senior staff at #MUFC. #Vidal

FutureGuy wrote: »
    An awful footballer? Did you watch him at all at Everton. Did you see what he did in the 15 minutes he was afforded tonight? Also, he's able to play in a star-studded Belgian side.

Yes I did actually. And what I saw was a guy whose best work was done bullying people physically and getting on the end of long balls in a quasi number 10 role.

It is kind of funny to hear fans that boo described as sheep when they're the militant minority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Vidal deal 100% done according to twitter ay. I won't hold my breath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

TheTownie wrote: »
    ibx7HDYGuGkO4R.gif
    "Cristiano Ronaldo stops on his way back down the steps for a quick chat with Sir Alex Ferguson - who signed him for Manchester United on this day in 2003. Fair to say that was a decent buy."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Seems like a little briefing went on tonight anyway.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I will have tears of joy if we get Vidal. I will be very emotional. One of my dream players in today's game to wear a utd shirt.

Come on Woody bring home the bacon

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭mufc1993

Read some quote there from Denis Irwin saying something about a huge announcement in the next 48 hrs at United. Surely something has to happen this week though? With the season starting this weekend I'm surprised we haven't done more business by now. Rojo rumoured to be keen on joining. Would be a decent signing but not a priority imo. 2 centre backs and a centre mid needed first and foremost for me...

Wouldn't say no to Di Maria though ;)

Headshot wrote: »
    I will have tears of joy if we get Vidal. I will be very emotional. One of my dream players in today's game to wear a utd shirt.

Come on Woody bring home the bacon

My angst and anger will wash away.

Signing Arturo Vidal will be a huge step along the road to where Manchester United belong...the very top of European football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Who is Matt Davies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Love the look on Ronaldos face when he sees its SAF. 2 of the best ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

advertsfox wrote: »
    "Cristiano Ronaldo stops on his way back down the steps for a quick chat with Sir Alex Ferguson - who signed him for Manchester United on this day in 2003. Fair to say that was a decent buy."

Exactly, and was a might be prospect at the time, and look how that turned out. Don't think we are good at buying already star players, that is why signings like Shaw and Hererra make the most sense. We are not Madrid or Barcelona, their markets are not sustainable in a real world scenario, I trust LVG to get the players we need, and if that doesn't include a Vidal, a Di Maria or a Hummels it won't be the end of the world. LVG unbeaten in 5? Good riddance Moysie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

DM-ICE wrote: »

come home ron come home :o

Even a cursory glance at that guys profile should tell you he's full of ****. A "reporter"? For who? How many bonafide journalists are there that don't list the organisations they write for?

And then the bs itk giveaway of taking screenshots of "exclusives" they've gotten correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭billyhead

ankles wrote: »
    Hardly Kroos and Rodriguez is it. Or Modric, Or Vidal

Will you go away out of that. The boss knows what he needs and will act upon that. I would rather have hardworking loyal players who are not guaranteed their game then those over paid prema donnas that are at a circus club like Real Madrid who might not even gel together and will throw their toys out of the pram at the earliest sign of squad rotation. If that's your way of thinking stick to the football manager game.

• Advertisement

mufc1993 wrote: »
    Read some quote there from Denis Irwin saying something about a huge announcement in the next 48 hrs

Started by a wind up merchant that has faked Irwin quotes loads of times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

twam2008 wrote: »
    LVG unbeaten in 5?
    6 from 6 ;)

LAG, Roma, Inter, Real, Liverpool and Valencia.

****, we done good eh?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

ibx7HDYGuGkO4R.gif

Brings an oul mist to the eyes watching two of our greats meeting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Love the look on Ronaldos face when he sees its SAF. 2 of the best ever.
    Followed by a quick look up to make sure it's all being caught on camera... Never change Ronnie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

mufc1993 wrote: »
    Read some quote there from Denis Irwin saying something about a huge announcement in the next 48 hrs at United. Surely something has to happen this week though? With the season starting this weekend I'm surprised we haven't done more business by now. Rojo rumoured to be keen on joining. Would be a decent signing but not a priority imo. 2 centre backs and a centre mid needed first and foremost for me...

Wouldn't say no to Di Maria though ;)

Rojo is a CB.Plays LB for Argentina but is a CB for Sporting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Apparently the Dennis Irwin quote was made up and he wasn't on mutv

billyhead wrote: »
    I would rather have hardworking loyal players who are not guaranteed their game then those over paid prema donnas that are at a circus club like Real Madrid who might not even gel together and will throw their toys out of the pram at the earliest sign of squad rotation.

Then go and support a club like Stoke.

We are Manchester United.

We deserve the best and we should aspire to be the best.

Not chasing guys like Mourinho and Vidal and settling for dross like Moyes and Fellaini is what has got us into the current mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

season-friendly-fellaini-valencia_3189968.jpg

cant help but feel happy for big fell in that picture

Even a cursory glance at that guys profile should tell you he's full of ****. A "reporter"? For who? How many bonafide journalists are there that don't list the organisations they write for?

And then the bs itk giveaway of taking screenshots of "exclusives" they've gotten correct.

Thought that was a different Matt Davies. haha. :o

Not a verified account so probs impersonating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

At least Vidal will get rid of that adox character for a while :p

But seriously why would he be coming at the weekend? There's a game on then, seems a bit different to how it should be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement