Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Benatia's agent.
    "Benatia to Chelsea. It’s not true," he told Tuttomercatoweb.com. "As far as we are concerned they are just rumours."

Sissoko was then asked whether this means Benatia will be staying with the Giallorossi and gave a positive response.

"I would say yes," he answered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

United really is a joke of a club. Season not started for us and already we have allowed ourselves to fall into an absolute crisis through horrid squad management.

1 right back, injured.
    1left back, injured.
    3 centre backs, 1 injured.
    2 reliable centre mids, 1 injured.

Clap, clap, clap.

Have to agree. It doesn't make for good reading at all. Welbeck, Evans, Rafeal, Valencia, Shaw, RVP, Carrick unavailable for the start of the season.

The annoying thing is when you have to field a team with a lot of youngsters, it encourages the opposition to really go after you. The first few games were meant to be the easy ones. Each of them will probably turn out to be right scraps.
    An injury to any of Rooney, Herrera, Smalling or Jones now and we are actually in trouble. :(

Soldie wrote: »
    You'd have to wonder why some of the posters here don't just give up supporting United. It's an endless stream of negativity, pessimism and good old fashioned moaning.

We're at the beginning of a new season, and the squad is starting to look decimated. I think it's fair if posters want to discuss this very obvious problem that we have with injuries in areas that we are painfully short in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

You'd have to wonder why some of the posters here don't just give up supporting United. It's an endless stream of negativity, pessimism and good old fashioned moaning.

these posts like yours are as regular as the "moaning" though it took 5.30 before they surfaced today.

there is not one legitimate poster on here who is not 100% behind the team and wants whats in the best interests of the club.

not being happy with our transfer appraoch, our board, our owners or anything else off the pitch should mean f*ck all to posters like yourself, unless you are related to the Glazers, Woodward or the tea lady.

if people dont agree that some people just dont think the club is being run right in the last few years, which alot of people believe is the case then posting on an internet forum shouldnt be in your list of regular items.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

We're at the beginning of a new season, and the squad is starting to look decimated. I think it's fair if posters want to discuss this very obvious problem that we have with injuries in areas that we are painfully short in.

Right, but I'm actually referring to the posters who put a negative spin on absolutely everything. This injury crisis is just the latest thing to have a moan about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

What really happened was Ed slapped him across the head and told him to cop on but "Ed just bitch slapped me and made me cry" wasn't going to look so good on Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Shaw out for a month, well that blows!

Right, but I'm actually referring to the posters who put a negative spin on absolutely everything. This injury crisis is just the latest thing to have a moan about.

fair enough, yeah.

• Advertisement

so this is our squad so far for next season..have bolded the ones who i reckon will be playing for other clubs in September.

1. De Gea; 2. Rafael; 3. Shaw; 4. Jones; 6. Evans; 8. Mata; 10. Rooney; 11. Januzaj; 12. Smalling; 13. Lindegaard; 14. Chicharito; 16. Carrick; 17. Nani; 18. Young; 19. Welbeck; 20. van Persie; 21. Herrera; 22. Powell; 23. Cleverley; 24. Fletcher; 25. Valencia; 26. Kagawa; 28. Anderson; 29. Zaha; 30. Varela; 31. Fellaini; 34. Lawrence; 35. Lingard; 36. Vermijl; 38. M Keane; 39. Thorpe; 40. Amos; 41. James; 42. Blackett; 45. Petrucci; 46. Rothwell; 48. W Keane; 49. Wilson; 50. Johnstone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Nolars wrote: »

Shaw 3
    Herrera 21
    Januzaj 11
    Anderson 28
    Powell 22

seem to be the only moves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Vegard Fl. Vaagbo ‏@VegardFV 6m
    According to Sunnmørsposten Lindegaard has been released. Agent Michael Stensgaard says he will comment later tonight. #mufc

dont see anybody complaining about an injury crisis. what i do see is a poster saying that the club should never have allowed ourselves to be in a position where we only have 2 fit senior defenders going into our first game.

we left 5 defenders leave the club, but only brought one in. that isnt moaning, its discussing a very very concerning aspect that our club has allowed to develop.

• Advertisement

dont see anybody complaining about an injury crisis. what i do see is a poster saying that the club should never have allowed ourselves to be in a position where we only have 2 fit senior defenders going into our first game.

we left 5 defenders leave the club, but only brought one in. that isnt moaning, its discussing a very very concerning aspect that our club has allowed to develop.

Very good points. You do have to wonder how it's been allowed to happen. I really dont think the same thing would have happened at any other top club around Europe. Bit disturbing.

Very good points. You do have to wonder how it's been allowed to happen. I really dont think the same thing would have happened at any other top club around Europe. Bit disturbing.

we werent able to sign (yet) the players we wanted, its that simple really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭xtal191

Maybe nobody wants to sign for Utd :(

we werent able to sign (yet) the players we wanted, its that simple really.

Why we havent been able to sign them is the question.

The players dont want to or teams dont want to sell. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Well if you believe Woodward it's cause we don't want to sign anyone. According to him money is no object and all the top players still want to come to united.

these posts like yours are as regular as the "moaning" though it took 5.30 before they surfaced today.

there is not one legitimate poster on here who is not 100% behind the team and wants whats in the best interests of the club.

not being happy with our transfer appraoch, our board, our owners or anything else off the pitch should mean f*ck all to posters like yourself, unless you are related to the Glazers, Woodward or the tea lady.

if people dont agree that some people just dont think the club is being run right in the last few years, which alot of people believe is the case then posting on an internet forum shouldnt be in your list of regular items.

I didn't mention any names in my post but you obviously felt it applied to you.

I think this is a great place to read news and tidbits about the club and to discuss things with other fans, but I find it incredibly tiresome that the same coterie of posters is "very, very concerned" by just about everything the club does. It's a persistent negative outlook on everything, without fail.

I'm quietly confident we'll bag three points against Swansea. I'm also confident we'll make some decent moves in the transfer market before the windows shuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

its rant.ie or moan.ie for them a lot of the time, not boards.ie ... then when anyone like yourself points it out you get the "nothing wrong with highlighting concern for the club". Thing is it gets highlighted every fu'cking two seconds :)
    I It's a persistent negative outlook on everything, without fail.

Exactly

beakerjoe wrote: »
    The players dont want to or teams dont want to sell. :)

Or we can't decide who to target. Or the club isn't releasing the funds to get the players we need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Whoever gets the business done at Chelsea or City, get those guys here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Well if you believe Woodward it's cause we don't want to sign anyone. According to him money is no object and all the top players still want to come to united.

The chairman of a multi-million dollar operation saying what will please fans and board members publicly. Well, I never...

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The chairman of a multi-million dollar operation saying what will please fans and board members publicly. Well, I never...

This isnt the WWE Network thread is it?? :pac:

does anybody know for sure if the Shaw is actually out for a month?

i guess if he is, then it could force the club to hurry the F*ck up and get some defenders in.

i guess if he is, then it could force the club to hurry the F*ck up and get some defenders in.

Not likely, Carrick has been out nearly for a month already and no sign of another CM

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Well the wording was up to a month so I guess theres a chance it could be less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

It's unfortunate that we have had so many injuries when things are tight enough as it is but we'll go into the Swansea, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester and West Ham games with a vastly better team than the opposition and everyone will be expecting 3 points from each game.
    We should have a much improved team available by the time we play Everton on October 5th.

I'd certainly agree with Soldie. It's football. Everyone wants the best for their team but you can't have it affecting your life in a more negative way than positive.
    Then there's the other aspect I suppose in that people if people are not getting on very well in their real lives it may affect their mindset and how they post/come across on here. That's a separate issue.

But either way it was a long summer and the new season is just 3 bloody days away! Can't wait, bring it on.

I didn't mention any names in my post but you obviously felt it applied to you.

but I find it incredibly tiresome that the same coterie of posters is "very, very concerned" by just about everything the club does. It's a persistent negative outlook on everything, without fail.

its pretty clear who the post was intended at, i dont know why or how you get the impression that i "obviously" believed it was aimed at me.

I (and im sure dozens of other posters) find it extremely tiresome to see the same bunch of posters constantly whinging and moaning the very second somebody questions the clubs business practices.

every day, its the same s*ite - somebody posts something "negative" and theres 10 posts with people throwing a hissy fit over it. its borderline thread derailment yet f*ck all is done about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

every day, its the same s*ite - somebody posts something "negative" and theres 10 posts with people throwing a hissy fit over it.

It's actually the hissy fit that comes first that kicks it all off.

Reedsie wrote: »
    It's unfortunate that we have had so many injuries when things are tight enough as it is but we'll go into the Swansea, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester and West Ham games with a vastly better team than the opposition and everyone will be expecting 3 points from each game.
    We should have a much improved team available by the time we play Everton on October 5th.

I'd certainly agree with Soldie. It's football. Everyone wants the best for their team but you can't have it affecting your life in a more negative way than positive.
    Then there's the other aspect I suppose in that people if people are not getting on very well in their real lives it may affect their mindset and how they post/come across on here. That's a separate issue.

But either way it was a long summer and the new season is just 3 bloody days away! Can't wait, bring it on.

I'm quite a happy camper in my day to day life. Have a good sex life and all. Love watching United. I don't get too moody when we have a bad result. Football is a part of my life, but I would never let it dictate my life.

I love the club, and that's why I've done a bit of moaning today. Personally I think the squad has been in decline for a number of years (despite winning the league in 2013). It's getting weaker and weaker, and sooner or later, if we want to get back to the top, the club will have to address the problems: too many mediocre players, too many injury prone players, not having the right balance in the squad.

Either way, I'll be in the pub on Saturday afternoon, giddy as a kid on Christmas eve. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Chelsea and City hardly get deals done instantly either. (In response to whoever said to get whoever does there business here)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

in the unlikely event that we were to sign Rojo, Blind and Di Maria, how would people view that as a summer?

1 - excellent summer, guaranteed title challengers and £140m very well spent.
    2- good summer, but needing alot more investment next year - will do for now.
    3 - underwhelming considering what could have been bought with that money and still lacking at least 2 top class central players

It would be yet another transfer window gone without properly fixing the midfield. It would be a failure by definition.
    Gee, I never considered that this injury crisis was a good thing, how remiss of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I'm quite a happy camper in my day to day life. Have a good sex life and all. Love watching United. I don't get too moody when we have a bad result. Football is a part of my life, but I would never let it dictate my life.

I love the club, and that's why I've done a bit of moaning today. Personally I think the squad has been in decline for a number of years (despite winning the league in 2013). It's getting weaker and weaker, and sooner or later, if we want to get back to the top, the club will have to address the problems: too many mediocre players, too many injury prone players, not having the right balance in the squad.

Either way, I'll be in the pub on Saturday afternoon, giddy as a kid on Christmas eve. :D

Does Ms Redbaron agree???

In fairness i'd agree with what you're saying there

Have BT sport and Ms Brinty will be working so feet up for the afternoon for it... now if only i could teach the dog to make me tea ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Eurosport saying Lindegaard released?

Surprised at that one

brinty wrote: »
    Does Ms Redbaron agree???

In fairness i'd agree with what you're saying there

Have BT sport and Ms Brinty will be working so feet up for the afternoon for it... now if only i could teach the dog to make me tea ;)

No comment. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Surprised at that one

that'd be odd but understandable
    I'd imagined one of the keepers was out the door and Amos and Johnstone are both English so Anders going is proabably for the best.

Pity, his missus was hot stuff i heard, Giggsy might have wanted to tuck into her now he's retired ;)

Surprised at that one

Can't say I am; Amos seemed to be getting the time on the becnh in pre-season. Honestly worry this means we need a better back up keeper now too; would not want Amos in nets for a long period of time...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Lindegaard was useless, and a moaner with it. Good riddance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

kryogen wrote: »
    Chelsea and City hardly get deals done instantly either. (In response to whoever said to get whoever does there business here)

City and Chelsea have bought five players each, to the best of my knowledge. And they didn't even need five each.

City and Chelsea have bought five players each, to the best of my knowledge. And they didn't even need five each.

Utd effectively had no manager from May until the latter half of July which couldn't have helped.

Surprised at that one

How come?

• Advertisement

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 52m
    Please note: any new acquisitions will be handed shirt numbers that are currently vacant. #mufc

The offical twitter account seems to think people are coming :pac:

That has roughly what to do with them getting deals done quickly?

Costa was a saga.
    Mangala was no different.

If you want to say they identified weaknesses this summer and filled them that hardly explains why Jose was able to discuss with everybody Chelseas weaknesses last year and still do nothing about it.

By the way, Chelsea needed a striker, they needed at least one midfielder, they needed a left back and a centre back. I would say they needed five quite easily actually

City need to replace the players they are letting go, they have to have a squad capable of competing on four fronts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

And I'm sure you want players equal to or of better quality than the players those teams are getting. But they are in the Champions League. And they are much more likely to be in the Champions League next season than Man Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

kryogen wrote: »
    How come?

Experienced keeper that was decent backup to our no.1

We are kinda lacking backup in general at present

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Experienced keeper that was decent backup to our no.1

We are kinda lacking backup in general at present

He's not that experienced he's played 93 games in 10 seasons.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement