Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

I hate all of you. Not only do I not get to see the match. But now I'm off to work.

;)

Bedtime for me, it's almost 11pm! :shocked:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Ian Ladyman ✔ @Ian_Ladyman_DM
    Van Gaal confirms 3-4-3 is the way #mufc will play this season. Says also squad lacks "balance". Says "we have four number tens".

At least this season most players will play in their position. Also we need at least 2 CBs if we are playing with 3 CBs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gadge

User, clear your cookies cache and all browsing data and follow this

http://store.manutd.com/stores/manutd/default.aspx

Pressing ctrl-F5 (reset cache) before clicking the link worked for me just now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Ian Ladyman ✔ @Ian_Ladyman_DM

At least this season most players will play in their position. Also we need at least 2 CBs if we are playing with 3 CBs.

Assume he means rooney, mata, kagawa and fellaini?

If so, doesnt bode well for latter two or our previous transfer approach cobsidering 3 of them were 3 of our last 5 big transfers before van gaal came.

Seen online that 3 signings are expected and its going to take van gaal 12 months to sort the squad, with top 4 finish the aim this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Re the jerseys, when something appears to be too good to be true it generally is unfortunately.

Also, how many sites/companies of this size use Paypal?

Any of the big sports companies Ive bought from dont anyway so that makes me wary too.

Hope Im wrong and you all get your gear though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

So today is a positive day?

Assume he means rooney, mata, kagawa and fellaini?

If so, doesnt bode well for latter two or our previous transfer approach cobsidering 3 of them were 3 of our last 5 big transfers before van gaal came.

Seen online that 3 signings are expected and its going to take van gaal 12 months to sort the squad, with top 4 finish the aim this year.

I assume it's Rooney, Mata, Kagawa and Januzaj.

I don't think he will consider Fellaini as #10.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm posting before the negativity starts.

7-0

Herrera magical.

7-0

Young scored.

7-0

Can we call our James "Hamies"?

7-0

Van Gaal's comments about too many #10s is interesting. Today in the second half Kagawa played as a CM and Herrera as #10. Maybe he was just experimenting but it looked like he is trying to find a place for Kagawa in the team. Wouldn't be surprised if Kagawa is played as CM more than #10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Full game if anyone missed it... not greatest quality but working at moment

I'm going to be positive today. Just watched the Herrera compilation from the game. Wow! The difference a world class midfielder can make!

PS: we still need two or three players :)

If we are playing 3-4-3 then De Vrij would be very good addition to the team. He is available for 8-10 Million, not sure why we haven't signed him already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

MrMac84 wrote: »
    As far as I know it's illegal lads. Once they accept payment and you get order confirmation they have too honour it!

Just fyi they have right to cancel orders at any time.

Typically with misprices you find your order cancelled on vwtiois sights regardless of confirmstion. In most online stores terms and condition.

This is a great pic isn't it..

article-2703725-1FED692D00000578-63_634x464.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I'm going to be positive today. Just watched the Herrera compilation from the game. Wow! The difference a world class midfielder can make!

PS: we still need two or three players :)

Wouldn't call him world class yet, but last night was a great start and if he continues like that then you may well be correct

Good start to the season but LA looked very poor. The arent a top side and hopefully the next 2 games will have a greater test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Good start to the season but LA looked very poor. The arent a top side and hopefully the next 2 games will have a greater test.

Next 2 games will be just as meaningless. The Swansea game is the first one that will tell us anything really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

World Class?

Oh dear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Well what a result to wake up to :)

advertsfox wrote: »
    Well what a result to wake up to :)

He had plenty of chances under Moyes and Fergie. Very inconsistent and lackluster, esp against the bigger teams

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Moyes started with a 1-0 loss to a bunch of amateurs in Bangkok.

LVG starts with a 7-0 win over LA Galaxy.

I don't want to get ahead of myself....but I think we will win the CL this season, and do so in such a way that they retire the entire competition in our honour....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Work until 5. Get home, change, gym until 8, home, shower, dinner, watch the match.

Can. not. wait!

Glad LvG has come out and commented on the squad balance, too. More targets on the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭ericzeking

What number was Shaw wearing? Doesn't appear to have been 3, despite it being available? In Holland centre backs wear 3 and the left back usually wears 5, #justsaying

Expect a Dutch centre back to be signed.....

_76481836_evans_keane_reuters.jpg

_76483247_gaal_giggs_getty.jpg

10525916_10152320425092746_5791320928527369212_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Sickened that I had to work today and missed that match :( ... When's the next match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Glad LvG has come out and commented on the squad balance, too. More targets on the way?

watch kagawa and fellaini up for sale rumours grow now for sure!

hopefully we see some business done over the next few days. if we are signing Vermaelen, even though i am against it, it should be done quickly to at least allow him time to settle in and get a good preseason - there is absolutely no advantage in bringing in a player later and later in the transfer window.

the only thing that could be a possibility is that he is still injured and we are waiting until he is cleared up before going for him.

• Advertisement

RE: Welbeck - How, and where, did he play last night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Up top with Rooney with Mata in behind, he played ok, the usual really, took his goal very well

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

ericzeking wrote: »
    What number was Shaw wearing? Doesn't appear to have been 3, despite it being available? In Holland centre backs wear 3 and the left back usually wears 5, #justsaying

Shaw was 28, Herrera was 21, but neither are official. Just numbers for the tours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I know it's only a friendly against LA Galaxy, but I'm delighted with the emphatic result. United scarcely looked capable of beating my local underage team 7-0 last season.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

Right, lads, any extended highlights floating around for us working stiffs?

• Advertisement

World Class?

Oh dear.

All right. A good midfielder.
    Smart arse! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Would he really be classing Fellaini as a number 10?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Theres highlights of the goals a few pages back

A few pages back!? This is no good to me joe, I want them on this page - now. :cool:

• Advertisement

It's a disgrace Joe!

FootyRoom have some great highlights, it's my daily visit (for all games really).

http://footyroom.com/

http://footyroom.com/los-angeles-galaxy-0-7-manchester-united-2014-07/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

up top, played very well, good to see he put the van gaal training during the week to good use with his goal. "look at the keeper and place it into the corner" works very hard, van gaal will love him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Roma are our next opponents. They beat Liverpool (first game of their tour) 1-0 last night.

No disrespect to LA Galaxy but Roma are a few steps up. Would be great to get another convincing win.

It's a far cry to losing 1-0 in the first preseason game last year. I still remember the shock :D

ericzeking wrote: »

ManUtd confirmed that these numbers are temporary. So before the season starts there will be lot of squad number changes as we have 3,5,7,9,11 available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Roma are our next opponents. They beat Liverpool (first game of their tour) 1-0 last night.

No disrespect to LA Galaxy but Roma are a few steps up. Would be great to get another convincing win.

It's a far cry to losing 1-0 in the first preseason game last year. I still remember the shock :D

Roma are definitely a step up from LA Galaxy. So 7-1 then, a repeat of that great Champions League game! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

As LvG plans to play 3-4-1-2, it would make sense that Blind is targeted. Can play LWB, CB and CM, the three positions United are short in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

A few pages back!? This is no good to me joe, I want them on this page - now. :cool:

They aer on this page if you are boardsing right

We're only playing Roma so LvG can smuggle Strootman out of Rome while the lads are away.

They aer on this page if you turn Boards into an organisational nightmare

FYP :P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement