Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭billyhead

n32 wrote: »
    That Javi Martinez injury could be bad news re vidal. If those cnuts snap up another top player i ll be disgusted. A bit off topic but I hate the way Bayern seem to think they have a divine right to buy every up and coming German player. Its as if they say ''you can train him, prepare him for the big time and then hand him over to us ready made''. I hope Reus doesnt end up going to them in the long run. The way they acted with Gotze before the CL final v Dortmund was classless.

That's why Ed Woodward has to get his finger out and not let this deal pass if he is available to purchase. Obviously LVG has to sanction any signing first but if Vidal can be got this summer and United screw up again trying to sign him and he pisses off to Bayern or another club we have then learned nothing from last Summer and will turn into a joke of a club when its comes to the transfer market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

billyhead wrote: »
    That's why Ed Woodward has to get his finger out and not let this deal pass if he is available to purchase. Obviously LVG has to sanction any signing first but if Vidal can be got this summer and United screw up again trying to sign him and he pisses off to Bayern or another club we have then learned nothing from last Summer and will turn into a joke of a club when its comes to the transfer market.

you re spot on. We seem to do the spade work then hang around for someone else to nip in and steal our targets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Seriously dont even talk about Vidal to Munich **** will get broken!!.

• Dont worry LVG will get best from Valencia, Cleverley and Anderson.

Oh no. Its come to this :(

How long is Shaw out for???

Badly need the rojo deal to be done now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Oh no. Its come to this :(

How long is Shaw out for???

Badly need the rojo deal to be done now.

A month.

It will be like new signing when he returns though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Hococop wrote: »
    Its been an hour since that tweet so any idea what the rumor was? Or was it bs

A year loan of Nani to Juventus if they sell us Vidal. Right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Hococop wrote: »
    Its been an hour since that tweet so any idea what the rumor was? Or was it bs
    What do you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

United really is a joke of a club. Season not started for us and already we have allowed ourselves to fall into an absolute crisis through horrid squad management.

1 right back, injured.
    1left back, injured.
    3 centre backs, 1 injured.
    2 reliable centre mids, 1 injured.

Clap, clap, clap.

Please, go and support another team or another sport. You clearly don't enjoy supporting United so maybe its best for your own blood pressure to take a time out or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

It was Vidal to us for 40 mil sterling with a condition that they get Nani on loan for 1 year with an option to buy after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

yermandan wrote: »
    It was Vidal to us for 40 mil sterling with a condition that they get Nani on loan for 1 year with an option to buy after

Surely it's an option NOT to buy!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

yermandan wrote: »

I'd say it's rubbish, mate. I would love to see Vidal playing for United. He's been electrifying for a couple of seasons, but I doubt it's happening.
    Probably more realistic that we'll get Rojo before the window shuts and go with that, then the manager will assess the squad before dipping into the market again in January. Then hopefully we can get a deal done for Strootman next summer (unless Bayern or Barca take a shine to him).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Vidal to Bayern with Shaqiri going on loan to Juve could easily happen...Shaq even said he's be flattered to play for Juve

He's going to Bayern isnt he

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

He's going to Bayern isnt he

May find a hole to crawl into for a few days if that happened....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

surely we could have got a couple of million for Lindegaard. Strange. Presume his contract was paid off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Lads I'll take the blame for Shaws injury, I put him on my fantasy team the day before he got injured. This has happened before with the likes of Vidic, Ramsey, Bale, Ronaldo, Keane, Saurez(ban) and many more for me.

Im sorry I continued my curse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Please, go and support another team or another sport. You clearly don't enjoy supporting United so maybe its best for your own blood pressure to take a time out or something.

Yet another example of making personal remarks about the poster rather than responding to the post. This thread is just full of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I know loads of people are worrying about the depth of our team (and probably right to do so), but I'm just so happy the league is starting this week.

I don't expect any new signings before Saturday but on the plus side some young talent might get a chance to gain some experiences in the PL.

EDIT: should clarify I don't expect any new signings to be playing on Saturday if we do bring anyone in they will probably wait until next week to give them some game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Yet another example of making personal remarks about the poster rather than responding to the post. This thread is just full of them.

It was the equivalent of coming in with a pram full of toys and just firing them all over the place, as if to say "look at me I'm right, we're doomed". So no, it doesn't deserve a response other than the one it received.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

It was the equivalent of coming in with a pram full of toys and just firing them all over the place, as if to say "look at me I'm right, we're doomed". So no, it doesn't deserve a response other than the one it received.
    No, no it wasn't. Mitch was bang on in his assessment of our readiness.

• Advertisement

*Enters thread*

*Exits thread*

*Sighs*

Repeating a few times daily.

Na, we're not doomed. Lose on Saturday, DeGea breaks his hand, and Jones gets concussion. Then you'll see doom. Serious doom. Doom like ye aint seen before. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Chicos agent says there will be news soon on a swap deal for vidal, in daily mail,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

How much of a blow is it to ye that Shaw's out?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Kagawa wrote: »
    Chicos agent says there will be news soon on a swap deal for vidal, in daily mail,

Don't tease me...

Augmerson wrote: »

Not as big a blow as Lallana is for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Young has been solid so far at LW,so not a huge blow, if he has to play vs Swansea.If Rojo signs he could cover for the few weeks as well.

Not as big a blow as Lallana is for you.

Is there any chance that you can forget I'm a Liverpool supporter (and also a Freiburg and Bohs supporter) and just talk about it? I'm not here to slag or be like "ahhh ye are all doomed haha" I'm just wondering what's the story. Evra is gone. How will LVG play it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Well, we don't have any fit full backs, but apart from that its all hunky dory, we have some eager beaver wingers ready and willing to be defenders!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lads.

I have no problem saying it.

I came in here and saw the page filled with Vidal/Bayern stuff.

I **** myself just a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Is there any chance that you can forget I'm a Liverpool supporter (and also a Freiburg and Bohs supporter) and just talk about it? I'm not here to slag or be like "ahhh ye are all doomed haha" I'm just wondering what's the story. Evra is gone. How will LVG play it?

He's going to play Ashley Young of course. Top player.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

On it's own, it's not a problem as Young has been excellent at LWB. However, with injuries to Raf and Valencia, we have to play him at RWB where he is not as effective. We will probably play Young and James as our wingbacks. Not ideal by any means but nothing we can really do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

If vidal goes anywere else ill be sick i dont care if he stays at juve but to see him in another jersey will be depressing after being linked all summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

first time in 19 years being in the second round draw for the league cup.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

first time in 19 years being in the second round draw for the league cup.....

Didn't they only start the 2nd round bye in recent years?

• Advertisement

Reece James has played more during Pre-season at left wing back than Shaw, so not really a major problem. It's just one of a number of smaller problems that are building up to become a major problem.

Basically we're doomed.

Liam O wrote: »
    Didn't they only start the 2nd round bye in recent years?

no idea when it came in, but the draw is live on sky in a few minutes and they just gave the intro to it with that "headline"...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Chicos agent said he hasn't heard anything about a swap deal but there will be news soon

Not sure if that's about Chico or Vidal..probably Chico but I can't understand why we are still letting players go without bringing any in

Jamie Jackson saying Lindegaard hasn't been released

• Advertisement

theyve made a mess of the draw...what the f8ck are they playing at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

I see RVP decided to keep the num 20 shirt, thought he would have taken no. 9 as it's his international number???

Small topic of conversation but hey may as well lighten the mood a tad!

Away to MK Dons......wouldnt mind going to that one, very decent away trip.

"The home of the forgotten legend that is Alan Smith" which is what I was gonna say until I realised he went to Notts County

Away to MK Dons......wouldnt mind going to that one, very decent away trip.

Hope ye smash them, hate MK Dons.

I see RVP decided to keep the num 20 shirt, thought he would have taken no. 9 as it's his international number???

Ah it's related to his first premier league trophy, I can certainly see the reasoning behind keeping it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

he said last season he didn't want fans needing to buy another shirt, and he won his first league with it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭jharr100

MagicIRL wrote: »
    he said last season he didn't want fans needing to buy another shirt, and he won his first league with it too.

Fair enough. He'll toe the line in this regime anyway..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Just saw this on fb linked from joe.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

What happened with the draw? Saw a few on twitter complaining.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement