Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

****in love Keane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Lads I'll take the blame for Shaws injury, I put him on my fantasy team the day before he got injured. This has happened before with the likes of Vidic, Ramsey, Bale, Ronaldo, Keane, Saurez(ban) and many more for me.

Im sorry I continued my curse.

90269_GrahamNortonTony.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Saw that earlier on reddit, found this one in suggested videos after it.

Ronaldo teaching a bunch of kids, including Jesse Lingard when he joined

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Should have got Ruud to show Welbeck how to finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Blatter wrote: »
    Half the lads in here think that's where he should be. If it's not a bit above him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Should have got Ruud to show Welbeck how to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Miguel Delaney painting a panicky picture about Utd's transfer movements.

I imagine some will agree and some will disregard it.

Some hope of getting Benatia and Strootman (in January probably) off Roma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Blatter wrote: »

i dunno whats funnier, the fact that they'd believe Hull would actually get him or anybody would pay £14m for him though in saying that if they get £12m for Long, anything is possible.

for £14million id carry him to Hull on my back. however, given that we already look set to lose 10+ players this summer, Welbeck is going nowhere and he is going to be a really important player in LVGs eyes.

i dunno whats funnier, the fact that they'd believe Hull would actually get him or anybody would pay £14m for him though in saying that if they get £12m for Long, anything is possible.

for £14million id carry him to Hull on my back. however, given that we already look set to lose 10+ players this summer, Welbeck is going nowhere and he is going to be a really important player in LVGs eyes.

In a league where Lallana goes for £25m and Shane Long goes for £12.5m, I'd be wanting £25m+ for Welbeck...as crazy as that sounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

In today's market and considering English tax, Welbeck is easily worth £20m imo. I'd laugh at a bid of £14m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

TheTownie wrote: »

He hasn't a clue and has no more information than you or I.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

I'd say that's a pretty reasonable picture of it and can't imagine LVG is happy

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

14 million is hardly "carry him on your back" out of the club type money.

Considering how much English players go for these days I would say that is a fair, if not undervaluation for Welbeck.

Amazes me how little people rate him sometimes.
    If he was getting first team football for a Spurs or Everton type team he would be absolutely thriving.
    Honestly, I even think if he was at Chelsea last season he could have made the difference for them, he would have fit in perfectly with Mourinho's style where he wants all his players hard working, strong, fast, capable of linking up with one another.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Some hope of getting Benatia and Strootman (in January probably) off Roma.

Getting Benatia would be incredible for ye... I know Hummels is treated like a God here but overall I think Benatia is a better player. His athleticism for one would be a massive boost in a league like the EPL. I think he's the best CB in the world atm. I'd be well impressed if ye landed him now or any time in the near future

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

I think the comment at the bottom is a better summary of what's going on:
    In other news United is linked to "insert name here".

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Well I do wonder who his sources are when every Manchester based journo is getting stone walled.

i have great time for him and think he is a really decent, honest lad but of course as usual, people on here will just dismiss it as nonsense and that he is a spoofer.

saying that LVG is getting pissed off with how the club have acted however is not rocket science, its pretty believable as no way would a man as organised, experienced, detailed and cultured as him have been happy to go into the season with such an unprepared defence as we are now doing.

his bit about Vidal however does give me hope that it will eventually be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Away to MK Dons......wouldnt mind going to that one, very decent away trip.

Yes, we stayed at the ground during the summer. Great hotel and also very close to Bletchley Park (home of the codebreakers).

http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/united-kingdom/doubletree-by-hilton-hotel-milton-keynes-LTNDTDI/index.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Ole is gone very grey...stresses of the job I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Welbeck is Well worth 15-20m, excellent player, loved by The united fans and he is bang on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

i have great time for him and think he is a really decent, honest lad but of course as usual, people on here will just dismiss it as nonsense and that he is a spoofer.

saying that LVG is getting pissed off with how the club have acted however is not rocket science, its pretty believable as no way would a man as organised, experienced, detailed and cultured as him have been happy to go into the season with such an unprepared defence as we are now doing.

To be fair while it is something people can envisage (Van Gall unhappy) and not unreasonable as a theory, its hardly unreasonable to suggest he is coming to conclusions on his own, a bit of guess work about what Van Gaal thinks rather than having any real knowledge of what Van Gaal is thinking.

the positive things from that Delaney article is that it appears LVG is intent on getting in 2 defenders that we all believe we need and the level of urgency has now been stepped up, probably since Vermalen deal went belly up.

Benatia wont be a quick deal, but the other 2 would be if we threw the right amount of money at both clubs (not saying thats something id agree with, but at this late stage we are desperate and may have no other choice).

based of what he has said, i think we can expect a signing or at least something formal in place by saturday with that player being available for our 2nd game.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

If LVG is unhappy about anything we'll soon find out, he's not known for sulking in the corner and saying nothing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

fitze69 wrote: »
    If LVG is unhappy about anything we'll soon find out, he's not known for sulking in the corner and saying nothing.

We might not though, unless he sees a good reason to speak publicly about something he won't.

I think we would be more likely to say it to Uniteds staff internally face to face.

If he is annoyed, it would damage prospects of getting deals done if he spoke about it publicly now as would provide an extra reason for clubs to demand more money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Copper is half cut..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Copper is half cut..

Leaving Cert results? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Well I do wonder who his sources are when every Manchester based journo is getting stone walled.

Whatever about the validity of the content in that article, it is really poorly written. He could definitely use a sub editor to improve his copy.

I generally like Miguel Delaney. However, bad writing really makes him look amateurish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭Bugatti

I'm half asleep so maybe I missed something in that article but I didnt see anything to suggest LVG is pissed off with the club. It said he is annoyed that the Vermalen and Vidal deals have not been completed. But this isnt the clubs fault. Arsenal/Wenger blocked Vermalen from moving to Utd. And as for Vidal the article even said that it was Juventus who are proving difficult to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Leaving Cert results? :pac:

Got themmm lasty year but doesn't stop me going one on the lasjjj.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Not sure if somebody has mentioned it already, but we've been drawn against MK Dons in the second round of the League Cup.

I'd love to see Wilson, Blackett, Powell, Zaha, etc, get a good run in that competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Got themmm lasty year but doesn't stop me going one on the lasjjj.

Ha'boy Copper no better man

Some crazy figures going around Twitter tonight for Cuadrado

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,228 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This has entertained me for the past 5 minutes...

http://babb.telegraph.co.uk/2014/08/the-incredible-transfer-rumour-generator/

Some funny ones I got...
    MANCHESTER UNITED IN SHOCK £28.5M SWOOP FOR PAUL POGBA

Player spotted holding up scarf in remote corner of training ground

If only...
    MANCHESTER UNITED CLOSING IN ON £36.1M MICAH RICHARDS

Ace admits: “I want to become a club hero”

Richards would actually be handy.
    MANCHESTER UNITED LAND £59M DEAL FOR LEWIS HOLTBY

Ace spotted looking at houses near training ground

Bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Some crazy figures going around Twitter tonight for Cuadrado

The guy had a good world cup and suddenly he's a £30 million + player, absolutely crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

:) 60 million for Holtby and 28.5 for Pogba. What a wonderful world

DM-ICE wrote: »
    To be fair while it is something people can envisage (Van Gall unhappy) and not unreasonable as a theory, its hardly unreasonable to suggest he is coming to conclusions on his own, a bit of guess work about what Van Gaal thinks rather than having any real knowledge of what Van Gaal is thinking.

Ah ya of course...i dont think he (md) wud do that tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Montroseee wrote: »
    The guy had a good world cup and suddenly he's a £30 million + player, absolutely crazy.

I hear they have football in Italy these days and that he's involved sometimes. Would need to check though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

J. Marston wrote: »

Some funny ones I got...

If only...

Bargain.

Of course when I tried it, the first one I got was:
    MAN UTD CLOSING IN ON £32.4M TOM CLEVERLEY

Hot property will sign megabucks long-term deal

guess there's no value in the market... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Sources that I trust have confirmed to me that they understand that United is NOT in fact a joke of a club.

Been messing around with the transfer generator, kinda funny how most of the players coming up have been linked with us this summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Been messing around with the transfer generator, kinda funny how most of the players coming up have been linked with us this summer.
    I got Lewis Holtby to United 3 times in a row, ranging from £20-50m. It's a sign but for how much... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Liam O wrote: »
    I hear they have football in Italy these days and that he's involved sometimes. Would need to check though...
    Germany too, but it could be just rumours.

I got Lewis Holtby to United 3 times in a row, ranging from £20-50m. It's a sign but for how much... :eek:

Actually quite like him too :pac:

I got Khedira and Isco 3 times, from £20-50m

I wouldn't say no to either of those!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

J. Marston wrote: »

Some funny ones I got...

If only...

Bargain.

1st one i done said we sold Hernandez for 23.3m, He cleaned out his locker and said his goodbyes :(, Not to worry though where signing Akinfenwa for 40.7m

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭macslash

MANCHESTER UNITED IN SHOCK £35.4M SWOOP FOR JUAN CUADRADO

1st one I got...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

bmcc10 wrote: »
    1st one i done said we sold Hernandez for 23.3m, He cleaned out his locker and said his goodbyes :(, Not to worry though where signing Akinfenwa for 40.7m

First one I tried was Carvalho for 30mill - def take that

Second was Casillas for 34mill - bit much for a second choice keeper

Third was Leroy Fer for 38mill after which I shut the tab!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

In other news we're signing Messi on a free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Third party fund Doyen Sports attack Sporting for blocking Marcos Rojo's sale to Manchester United. #MUFC #SCP #ARG http://t.co/aIHDcGW2oU

Doyen say Sporting altered their stance on selling Rojo & are now "making mindless demands as a condition of 'releasing' the player". #MUFC

Doyen: If Sporting want to keep Rojo they 'must compensate the fund under the terms & deadlines set forth by contract'. #MUFC

Doyen: 'If necessary we will not hesitate to use every legal resource at our disposal to fully defend our rights and interests.' #MUFC #Rojo

Sporting chairman is adopting a very strong stance. Could get messy before it's done.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement