Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

Fenix wrote: »
    Sporting chairman is adopting a very strong stance. Could get messy before it's done.

Could be all for show. "I wouldn't sell them a virus" comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Telegraph reporting that Spurs are trying to sell 11 players.
    Townsend, Lennon, Soldado, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto, Naughton, Chiriches, Sandro, Capoue, Chadli and Dembele all up for sale by north London club

Wouldn't mind Capoue, Sandro, Dembele and Chiriches. Sandro is an excellent player but not sure about his fitness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Sacramento wrote: »
    Could be all for show. "I wouldn't sell them a virus" comes to mind.

It is thought by some, that Fergie's wouldn't sell that lot a virus was more to do with Calderon then Madrid. Madrid and United have had a pretty good relationship down the years but the way Calderon did business seemed to rub a lot of people up the wrong way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Sources that I trust have confirmed to me that they understand that United is NOT in fact a joke of a club.

BS, buddy, sorry to tell you. People I trust are telling me something very different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Some hope of getting Benatia and Strootman (in January probably) off Roma.

No point in signing Benatia in January with the African cup of nations being on imo.

Sign him now or wait till next summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Another day goes by without a defender signed.

It's all getting a bit silly.

adox wrote: »
    Another day goes by without a defender signed.

We are going to end up panic buying as we did last summer with Fellaini, imo. We have, again, left things too late to do them properly. We are, maybe, going to get a couple of bang average players and everyone will jump around saying 'if he's good enough for LVG thats good enough for me', until we are trying to replace them next summer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Keep calm, sit back and wait...and enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

For what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

We are going to end up panic buying as we did last summer with Fellaini, imo. We have, again, left things too late to do them properly. We are, maybe, going to get a couple of bang average players and everyone will jump around saying 'if he's good enough for LVG thats good enough for me', until we are trying to replace them next summer.

Delaneys article last night gives me hope that we want things done this week as opposed to last few days of the window.

I expect a defender in before our 2nd game though ive now moved my expectations several times when it comes to our 3rd signing.

• Advertisement

Delaneys article last night gives me hope that we want things done this week as opposed to last few days of the window.

I expect a defender in before our 2nd game though ive now moved my expectations several times when it comes to our 3rd signing.

My opinion is that we WANTED things done by now, but have been singularly incapable of doing anything at all. Wanting things done this week is all well and good, but I would be shocked if we made any signings before the Swansea game at this point.

It is just another summer showing United are weak at transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Seems to be the recurring pattern - waste time going for players who are beyond us (Thiago, Fabregas, Hummels, Vidal?), miss out on players that would have come and strengthened us (Strootman last year, De Vrij is one this year), and end up overspending on lesser quality at the last minute (Fellaini).

We've now had two managers walking into what they think is one of the biggest clubs in the world, but both appear to have been unable to attract the biggest players (pending the closing of this window).

Just thinking out loud - have we become one of the world's biggest clubs essentially because over the years we've built teams with young players, but not established stars?

Is the very reason we love United so much because we always seem to be doing things the hard way, and that makes it so much more exciting?

Is it just that the big players don't want to live in Manchester, or is there something deeper going on?

All I know is it's beginning to drive me nuts and I'm checking this thread way more than is healthy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

If things are meant to be done this week wouldn't they be done today or tomorrow?

Has there ever been a transfer officially announces after 5 or on a weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

MrMac84 wrote: »
    For what?

For Vidal I'm guessing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

here we go again... what do you know seeing as you're more reliable than Indya Bleepin kalia

We are just waiting on the exchange rates to go down so we can get more value.

This is what fergie meant all along.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

MrMac84 wrote: »
    For what?

Arthur of the O'Vidals...forget 4th...we're gunning for the title

yawn
    cough
    splutter splutter

BROKEN RECORD......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

adox wrote: »
    Another day week goes by without a defender signed.

Fixed your post.

• Advertisement

brinty wrote: »
    here we go again... what do you know seeing as you're more reliable than Indya Bleepin kalia

Two words, **** all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Internet!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

This day two weeks ago you were saying that your mate in JP Morgans, who handles United's affairs no less, told you Vidal would be signing within 24 hours.
    Obviously this was BS.

This day last week you were saying that your mate in JP Morgans, who handles United's affairs no less, told you Vidal would be signing within 24 hours.
    Obviously this was BS.

Today you're at it again. No one believes your BS.

And if by miracle, Vidal does sign for us at some point, I'm sure you will appear and say "look, I told you all. I know stuff"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Ive convinced myself that Vidal is coming....dont know why but i think that will be done, its gone too far now.

Ive convinced myself that Vidal is coming....dont know why but i think that will be done, its gone too far now.

Homer, thats great positivity from you

Seriousl FutureGuy needs to get in here and say its not happening.....

I had been of that opinion, but I've swung the other way now, given how long it has gone on. If it was going to happen, there would have been something concrete at this point.

I've resigned myself to another season of oppositions just running straight past our midfield.

• Advertisement

I had been of that opinion, but I've swung the other way now, given how long it has gone on. If it was going to happen, there would have been something concrete at this point.

I've resigned myself to another season of oppositions just running straight past our midfield.

Aye, Play cleverly and carrick and we may die. Run and support another team and you will live at least awhile. And dying in your bed many years from now,
    would you be willing to trade all the vidals from this day to that for
    one chance, just one chance, to come back here as young men and tell
    the naysayers that they may take our lives but they will never take
    our MATAAAAA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

I feel a signing today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Not going to get sucked in but just commenting on it.

Eduardo Hernandez, Chico's agent is supposed to have said that a swap deal between Chico and Vidal plus money is going to happen 'soon'. It was in the Daily Mail I read this but still its a 'rumour' so to speak. The article goes on to say Juve want two players and £36M. I think its a safe bet the other player is Nani. all speculation of course.

From memory of the original deal wen Javier was signed by United, I always thought his 'agent' was his grandfather who claimed to have been kept in the dark about the united move. ah well, another day another rumour (or the same one just rehashed).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2724232/Javier-Hernandez-swap-deal-bring-Arturo-Vidal-Manchester-United-revealed-soon-says-Chicharito-s-agent.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I sense a signing before Swansea game

Mr_Red wrote: »
    I feel a signing today

Spidey senses lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Please god let it be Vidal !!

I'm hoping for a signing before the swansea game but thats all.
    I just can't see us getting something done before it.
    Based on Shaw and Herrera they deals were released a day before they did their medicals and signings, so unless something comes out later today and a medical is done tomorrow I just don't see a signing being made beforehand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

brinty wrote: »
    Homer, thats great positivity from you

Seriousl FutureGuy needs to get in here and say its not happening.....

He did weeks ago. :(

I imagine a signing will be done before the Swansea game if it is possible but I don't think there will be any chance the player signed, most likely Rojo imo will be playing in the game.

A midfield of Herrera and Fellaini won't be walzed through either as far from perfect as it would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Please god let it be Vidal !!
    Why? He's not going to play so what does it matter if he signs now or any time over the next 2 weeks ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Not going to get sucked in but just commenting on it.

Eduardo Hernandez, Chico's agent is supposed to have said that a swap deal between Chico and Vidal plus money is going to happen 'soon'. It was in the Daily Mail I read this but still its a 'rumour' so to speak. The article goes on to say Juve want two players and £36M. I think its a safe bet the other player is Nani. all speculation of course.

From memory of the original deal wen Javier was signed by United, I always thought his 'agent' was his grandfather who claimed to have been kept in the dark about the united move. ah well, another day another rumour (or the same one just rehashed).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2724232/Javier-Hernandez-swap-deal-bring-Arturo-Vidal-Manchester-United-revealed-soon-says-Chicharito-s-agent.html

If you had read the article you'll have seen that his agent said no such thing. The DM is putting words in his mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

Spidey senses lads?

I dreamt it last night. Was watching sky-sports and got excited.

Could have been a wet dream also.

If you had read the article you'll have seen that his agent said no such thing. The DM is putting words in his mouth.

Did say he was 'supposed' to have said it and it was a rumour. Ah well.

Digging deeper what his agent actually said was “I have no news at the moment on an exchange, I haven't spoken to anyone in England, but there will be news soon.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/arturo-vidal-to-manchester-united-javier-hernandez-could-be-used-in-swap-deal-for-vidal-as-agent-confirms-therell-be-news-soon-9667903.html

I wonder would VG consider going 4-3-3 for the Swansea game considering the injuries.

DDG
    Young--Smalling--Jones--James
    --Herrera--Fletcher--Fellaini---
    Mata

Welbeck----Rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

I wonder would VG consider going 4-3-3 for the Swansea game considering the injuries.

DDG
    Mata

Welbeck----Rooney

I'd imagine he'll stick with 3 CBs to start anyway. Young at RB worries me.

• Advertisement

DDG
    Mata

Welbeck----Rooney

I'm scared!

I'd imagine he'll stick with 3 CBs to start anyway. Young at RB worries me.

Probably will. I just have a feeling we're going to be shown up in midfield with only Herrera and Fletcher in there. Have horrid visions of Shelvy running directly at our defence.

Jesus, how did it come to this. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

DDG
    Mata

Welbeck----Rooney

Young at RB?

tumblr_muulwhmozI1sladr5o1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

DDG
    Mata

Welbeck----Rooney

Just look at it! And yet we get called "moaners" for being unhappy with how the summer went. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Big Mac and large fries please

Trilla wrote: »
    I'm scared!

why? LVG trusts them so obviously there is no problem to worry about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

redbaron came up with that lineup not LVG. :confused:

Young and a youngster at fullbacks in a 442, even LVG can't stand over that yet. It is a bit scary, for me! Don't think its LVGs desire to start that way :P

But I'm guessing your post was an irresistible sarcastic reply :)

Just look at it! And yet we get called "moaners" for being unhappy with how the summer went. :rolleyes:

I didnt know Red Baron was LVG or a manager of a top football club. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Who is Rojo going to be backup for? Who was going to keep Vermaelen out of the team?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement