Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭elchupanebrey

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Does anybody think the website is in need of a serious overhaul. I'm surprised that it's miles behind the likes of City's and Chelsea's website.

Apparently we're in for a new web designer. Probably end up joining Barca though :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Tomorrow is going to be the greatest day of transfers in United history.

I can feel it in my waters.

There will be no players signed tomorrow, Id be very shocked if I am wrong on that. I think Vidal is the only player united are anywhere neat signing, and I don think Woodward will close that either,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Does anybody think the website is in need of a serious overhaul. I'm surprised that it's miles behind the likes of City's and Chelsea's website.

LVG is aware that the website needs an overhaul but he needs some more time to assess the current options, after which we will take some time preparing a bid for a new website based on the systems LVG likes to use.

Its not a big deal though, because LVG is known for getting the best of badly running systems, he plans to change a few options around and promote some new drivers from within.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Well I was looking forward to the likes of
    Liverpool away
    City away
    Everton away
    Chelsea away
    Fulham at home
    West Brom at home last season

and look how that turned out:pac:
    Aye, I went through my breakdown a few weeks ago about the whole situation - I honestly just don't understand what's going on... I will see out the rest of the window and then comment on it, we are currently bordering on the ridiculous if not embarrassing. There is yet time for something spectacular to happen so we'll give them the benefit of the doubt until the window slams shut.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

I'm joining the doom and gloom group. I think LVG is exactly what we need but we were short players last year and now we've lost even more players and to be honest I'm pretty underwhelmed by Rojo even it happens. Can't for the life if me figure out why Blind wasn't signed, surely if that was going to happen it would be done and dusted.

Never taught vdal would happen I had a feeling de jong was on the cards but that's not even a runner. As someone said earlier, they really need to increase the list of targets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

anyone going to the match I hope has great time and see plenty of United goals and have every right to be to be excited, even fans who aint.

its just the whole comment when deflecting away from criticism of the club.

Taok wrote: »
    Yeah, **** it! I've been on the positivity train most of the summer too and it's turned into a farce once again.

Sorry to say, but it all goes back to Fergie neglecting the midfield and then making a ludicrous appointment.

In a parallel universe we finished 2nd under Mourinho last season, still have Vidic, and have bought Fabregas and Matic and more.

I still give to the end of the window, but it ain't looking good.
    Woodward has had 3 windows to sign the CM players his manager has wanted and has mostly failed to do so. Fabregas, kheidra, di Rossi, Vidal and who knows who else. At some point people need to start blaming to e people actually in charge of player recruitment at united and not the manager that retired a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

^^If I got a Euro for everytime somebody mentions this after a bitch and moan post.

Its like as if its a legal requirment at this stage

"oh im a real fan me"

**** off

No you're definitely more of a fan than me man...the feeling and emotion was palpable in that post

If that's the way you want to interpret what I said then you really have lost it over the transfer window...

Dublicate post

Can't wait for PL kick off to stop this internal bitching...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Interested to see how Blackett fares out against Swansea, will be a decent test of where he's at and whether he's capable. I'm sure Rojo will be signed eventually but it's just a balls of a situation beyond our control so it's going to be protracted. There's also a serious lack of left footed center backs around that are worth forking out for so that narrows our options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

irishfeen wrote: »
    Can't wait for PL kick off to stop this internal bitching...

It would take a lot more than the PL starting tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Hard not to be part of the doom and gloom group right now....

It would take a lot more than the PL starting tbh
    No you see it's idle footballing minds at the moment playing trick - come 3 o'clock Saturday this place will improve immensely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Even the chaps who were happy with our squad for past 3 seasons seem to have now seen the light, by the non reaction to disappointment.

Homer and Mitch might bitch and too much to many here, but they have been spot on in number of things.

I had been convinced we would buy all summer. I thought to myself "we wont make this mistake again". But here we ****ing are.

"Ah but sure we have 3 weeks to buy players Kew" I say **** off
    "Ah but sure players good form like Young will be like new signings kew" I say **** off
    "sure we had pretty much same team that won league a year ago" seriously **** off

Im all for giving young lads a chance, but their needs to be experience with that, which there is not.

2 ****ing days to 1st game and we are in same ****ing stupid ****ing position we were last season.

Shaw and Herrera whoopdy ****ing dooooo!!!!

Chelsea and City are ****ting themselves.

**** your sponsorship Ed and get us the players we need.

Its a disgrace at this stage.

Yes ladies and Gentleman I aint positive no more. I blame my father and brother mostly for this as they been nothing but doom and gloom since they came back from United tour in states. **** off!!!
    ^^If I got a Euro for everytime somebody mentions this after a bitch and moan post.

Its like as if its a legal requirment at this stage

"oh im a real fan me"

**** off

He's broken. Welcome to the dark side.

More of you will join.....in time.

5ee617d9_2whdlys.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

We're in the middle of long protracted negotiations with Vidal and four others and have kicked off a legal **** storm out in Portugal and you ask about the website?
    2qx4a3n.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

KH25 wrote: »
    Hard not to be part of the doom and gloom group right now....

Think I'm literally the last one left on the other side.. sure is lonely over here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

GSPfan wrote: »
    But if tomorrow never comes. Will Vidal know how much i loved him.

Croke Park won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

We're in the middle of long protracted negotiations with Vidal and four others and have kicked off a legal **** storm out in Portugal and you ask about the website?
    It's not that hard to put together a web design team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

I have been positive all along. It's waning. Not even a crumb of rumours tonight.

If nothing happens tomorrow we are ****ed. There won't be anything announced at the weekend.
    Monday?? Maybe. That's my last day.

I may have to be a doom and gloomer, but I won't throw my toys around and point fingers at people like a child does.

How hard can it be to buy a midfielder?

Our defence leaves, how hard can it be to maybe perhaps buy a defender.

Is it asking too much? Are we just clueless? Are they trolling us?

I would be happy with a striker now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Think I'm literally the last one left on the other side.. sure is lonely over here!
    I'm with you buddy. I'm staying positive till the last!

ElChe32 wrote: »

Larry will play us one last song before I kick ye in balls and take the last lifeboat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

ElChe32 wrote: »

Not on your own lads...I'm still expecting vidal and a defender.
    Stay positive.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Reality is there are still probably plenty of people who are positive, but are just staying quiet cause it's boring getting screamed down :(

Roll on Saturday. I can't wait for the new season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Reality is there are still probably plenty of people who are positive, but are just staying quiet cause it's boring getting screamed down :(

Roll on Saturday. I can't wait for the new season.

yxi.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Some people want a magic cure, LVG wants to build something more substantial than throwing money at problems, Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

Like Moyes did Liam O. Don't think our transfer failings are down to the manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Liam O wrote: »
    Some people want a magic cure, LVG wants to build something more substantial than throwing money at problems, Jesus wept.

Is it hard to breathe with your head in the sand like that?

Is it hard to breathe with your head in the sand like that?

No it's actually nice not getting upset after the most positive Summer in a long time for United. I am fully aware at how spoiled by success I've been as a United fan and if that's ever to return a sustainable system that doesn't involve spending 150m each Summer has to be built.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭secman

Fcuk that doom and gloom talk , far too much of it, change the thread name to " bitching and whinging " united, FFS it's getting cringe worthy.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Just testing the glorious new vine embedding. Doesn't embed on preview but once you post it works as you can see. :D

If you edit your post it stops working too atm.

https://vine.co/v/hALW0KFI3Jn

dink.gif

Well that was an awful 10 minutes being a doom and gloomer. I blamed woodward, I wasnt brushing my teeth right and how I need a new a toothbrush.

Can I come back to the positive side now?

Im sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

People are turning against one another :(.

cmt-medium.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Im still hoping something will happen and we sign two or three players before September surely there has to be something going on they cant be that stupid right?

Im annoyed that nothing has happened yet and that where already starting to pick up injury's in areas we dont have the numbers but ive seen things in pre season that weren't there last season and im hoping if we can get one or two more in and have everyone back fit the team will really click.

Now no one will give two ****s what i think because i aint one of the ''popular'' ones in here but basically the group mentality and people siding with others makes this place very hard to follow at times actually unless the club is doing well its not worth being in here at all!.

Where all fans of the same club yet we have one side fighting another constantly.

Then you have the ones on the fence who it seems no matter what they say there immune from stick.

Sometimes its just easier to use this place as a source of information and stay out of all the classroom like crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

I'm still positive too..
    There is no way we won't sign at least 2 more players..
    Vidal and Rojo and Blind hopefully..
    Won't we???

In terms of Blackett. I think it will be good for him to get a run of 3 or 4 games that are at the supposed easier end of the scale..
    He had looked comfortable, so hopefully he can adapt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Any chance people would stop using the phrase "jesus wept"?

It's seriously cringeworthy. Its up there with "For crying out loud" and "jeese louise".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

TheTownie wrote: »
    Just testing the glorious new vine embedding. Doesn't embed on preview but once you post it works as you can see. :D

If you edit your post it stops working too atm.

https://vine.co/v/hALW0KFI3Jn

That's handy.

Hopefully you'll be able to embed tweets on Boards soon.

J. Marston wrote: »
    That's handy.

Hopefully you'll be able to embed tweets on Boards soon.

In this thread?

Hell-No.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

TheTownie wrote: »
    Just testing the glorious new vine embedding

Not so glorious on my phone :(
    If I press play on it I'm stuck with it forever... or at least until I close the browser from the task manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

It's a tough summer of that there is no doubt. I'd like to have more signings in but I am quite sure that the team at United are doing everything in their power to get the right players.
    Quite simply, it's not easy to attract the right players to Manchester with no Champions League football and no guarantee that there will be next year either.

If we were interested in Kroos or Fabregas (and maybe they were big targets) we wouldn't have had a hope this year in my opinion. Maybe we lost out. Vermaelen offered that much needed experience in CB with Premiership experience, but again we realistically had no hope against Barcelona.
    I'd be surprised if Utd don't solve the Roja deal.

Van Gaal has said the market is proving tougher than people realise and I'd believe him.
    There's also the issue of trying to sell players which might be a difficulty in itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Reedsie wrote: »

Van Gaal has said the market is proving tougher than people realise and I'd believe him.
    There's also the issue of trying to sell players which might be a difficulty in itself.

good post and dont want to seem to pick out yours.

but, if other teams can buy 6-8 players no problem how come we struggle to get 3?

its not as if we went for big boys bar Vidal it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

good post and dont want to seem to pick out yours.

but, if other teams can buy 6-8 players no problem how come we struggle to get 3?

its not as if we went for big boys bar Vidal it seems.

The lack of players in and the lack of players out is hardly coincidental to having a new manager on board.

As unfortunate as we are to be changing managers we're doubly unfortunate that Van Gaal was involved in the World Cup and that he went almost all the way. I know transfers can go ahead without him but it's certainly a contributory factor. He probably had to place a lot of trust in the Herrera and Shaw deals but it's understandable that he wanted to assess things before moving further.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Any chance people would stop using the phrase "jesus wept"?

It's seriously cringeworthy. Its up there with "For crying out loud" and "jeese louise".

I will when I start caring what people think of the phrases I use, ffs people will have a go at anything these days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Liam O wrote: »
    I will when I start caring what people think of the phrases I use, ffs people will have a go at anything these days...

Hey at least you know your not invisible! Ha.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

There's still over two weeks left in the window. The people constantly pissing and moaning are embarrassing.

Daily Mail running LVG unhappy with Uniteds transfer work now too.

I'm not at all surprised by this - the thought that LVG doesn't feel signings were needed by this stage is just head in the sand stuff.

As for those saying there is still time... United have been trying, and failing, to sign their targets all summer - no real reason to think they'll fix things in the next two weeks - at least not with respect to the players LVG actually wanted off the bat. Any signings we do make look like it will be fellaini-esque 'we need to sign someone, anyone' type of signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

There's still over two weeks left in the window. The people constantly pissing and moaning are embarrassing.

What's embarrassing is the lack of transfers with the new season starting in the morning. All the talk from Woodward yet again and again he fails to deliver. City seem to be able to get big transfers sorted over night.

This transfer window smells awful like last summer, and we all know what followed after that.

Cue desperation as the window draws to a close and we end up paying over the odds for players who aren't quite good enough.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I seem to be bucking the trend a bit but Im not overly annoyed with the transfer activity.

We have signed 2 exciting young players, Shaw I believe will go on to become a club legend and not at full back, we are unbeaten against top level opposition (friendlies I know but still, beating the European Champions in any game is pretty damn good considering how last season went) and we have gotten rid of alot of dead wood.

Would I like to have seen a marquee signing a la Vidal or Hummells?

Of course!

But none of us know what LVG knows.

I have absolute faith in him and his vision. I think its pretty obvious he will not buy just for the sake of it. Its also pretty obvious that we have a wealth of talent coming through the Academy, more than any other premier league team imo.

Arguably our greatest squad was built with youth, I think this current crop of young players coupled with the older more experienced heads will cause some pretty great days for us as fans, this season.

We dont have Europe to contend with and I think the most important thing is that the key players like Rooney actually want to play and look incredibly hungry.

All in all, we could be in much worse shape.

ps, I think we will sign Rojo and DiMaria.

Not ideal but I belive we will finish top 4 at the expense of Liverpool.

I cannot fcuking wait for tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Daily Mail running LVG unhappy with Uniteds transfer work now too.

lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement