Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Liam O wrote: »
    That was there'd be no more signings? Still stands if so. Bringing it up now when you went missing when I offered is lolworthy.

Even I can see Rojo transfer but if it excluded him, I would most likely go for it. Would be a disappointing summer overall.

I barely post on boards like I use to. I honestly just dont have the time. Busy busy busy these days and doesnt help that I have no stable broadband.

I dont ignore posts (legitimate posts) im either busy or my broadband is gone im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

That move deserved a goal. Rothwell hesitated a bit, by looking to square it, which didn't help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

irishfeen wrote: »
    10 very brave boys taking on the Feen - ye're only wasting yer time lads ;) may the best manager win!

Is this closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

10 very brave boys taking on the Feen - ye're only wasting yer time lads ;) may the best manager win!

<pic>

Might not be the best idea to be posting up the table with lads' real names here on a public forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Liam O wrote: »
    What elements of their games do you not like? What would be each player's strong and weak attributes?

I don't like the cut of their jib. They have good hustle but I don't like those sideburns.

Probably shouldn't put that on a public forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Sorry for posting with real names - I never even thought about it... My Bad - I was all excited with the football starting tommorrow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Probably shouldn't put that on a public forum.

Yip, there's weirdos about for sure.

Is this closed?
    Yep Saucy McKetchup it is - have a look at #1 on this forum... could you please edit out that picture to get rid of the names? [OR MOD's do it please}

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Would like to have joined lads but im in 40 man money league.

Prizes for top 4.

Have mata and Rooney.

Best of luck to all in United one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Prizes for top 4.

Have mata and Rooney.

Bojan is the key to victory #itk

Prizes for top 4.

Have mata and Rooney.

Mata & Rooney here too with Dave De Gea doing the business at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Get on my level lads. Already have 1 injured, too.
    318574.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

I'm surprised Van Gaal made Rooney captain and I think it's a mistake. Ignoring the fact that he's twice demanded to leave
    the club I just don't think he has the temperament for the job.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was 'Gallas' type episode during the season and he was replaced as captain by someone else next summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

These young guys are not plasticine that LVG can mould into a top team, even for the greatest coaches there needs to be a minimum level of quality in the players before he can make them into something special.

Players, if they fit a managers system and a mindset, can produce performances that are far above what they would without direction or the system. Look at Kuyt at the WC for instance, produced an unbelieveable display playing left wing back at one stage against Mexico. Reason being that he had the attributes required to do the job.

Those youngsters could have what he is looking for in their respective positions, even if they're not an all round exceptionally talented bunch. Holger Badstuber didn't always turn in great performances for Bayern but he was a key cog in the machine as a left footed center back and LVG trusted him to do a role - hence why he says he prefers working with younger players who can follow his lead.

• Advertisement

Great move. Great shot. Great goal. Harrop. 3-0.

Players, if they fit a managers system and a mindset, can produce performances that are far above what they would without direction or the system.

I don't disagree with that, but it only brings you so far unless you have the innate talent on top of the system.

There are tons of mediocre clubs out there that would love it if all they needed for success was hard workers and the right system but it simply isn't enough, not for the ambitions a club like Manchester United should have.

More to the point, it doesn't need to be like this. We have the purchasing power to do better than this, better than hoping that a system will save our season.

Pick of the goals tonight. Beautiful first time shot from Harrop.

https://vine.co/v/MYLe6d30Ya3

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Get on my level lads. Already have 1 injured, too.
    318574.PNG

good team but cameron and jovetic wont start i dont think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Almost certainly BS but hey, could be something

@FootballMcD: Think Twitter might explode at 10pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Sure, I'll take the bet. If United get into Europe then just name your charity, I'll pay it gladly.

If I could be certain that there would be no surprise signings I would bet far more actually. As it stands right now, that squad of players has too many problems to get into an increasingly competitive top four.

Ok. Same for me. If United fail to get into Europe, name any charity (please limit it to one that can be paid online easily, and I'll do likewise) and I'll happily do the honours and throw €20 their way.

It's not about the amount (actually I never bet). Two different opinions, and at least some good will come out of it either way.

Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

I also a went for the dynamic trio (Rooney, Mata, de Gea).

Good luck to ask :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Kagawa wrote: »

Have a feeling the embargo'd part of the conference will have some generic "happy with the squad" or something....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

I wonder if that's when tomorrows papers start to become available and we find out what Van Gaal had to say about transfers in the closed part of today's press conference?

EDIT: As Lord TSC said.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Sigh...

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Have a feeling the embargo'd part of the conference will have some generic "happy with the squad" or something....

Yeah, I was wondering what that whole embargo was about

I was reading it's pretty common and nothing to get excited about; the paper journalists like having part of the conferences kept secret so their papers dont get spanked by the instant digital media.

Pretty sure it happens every week. But there's probably usually not a whole lot to talk about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Lord TSC wrote: »

there was somebody on about something along the lines "no rush with transfers" but that could be boll*x.

considering we have bid for Rojo and Vermaelen, we are in the market for players so i dont think we are just going to give up now.

also i would expect something about Rojo.

its very standard...some conferences would have a separate section for Sunday journalists only also that is not allowed to be printed on any other days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

what time is this embargo press conference tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

score predictions for tomorrow?

im going with 2-0 united, but its going to be nervy once the first 5 mins is done and the LVG euphoria dies down. going to be electric when he comes out.

score predictions for tomorrow?

im going with 2-0 united, but its going to be nervy once the first 5 mins is done and the LVG euphoria dies down. going to be electric when he comes out.

4-1 United. Same as least year iirc :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Good explode or bad explode?

10:30.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

US market is closed a while so doubt this is stock market related...

The actual press conference was held today. The information is held back for 'exclusives' for the Saturday or Sunday papers.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Good explode or bad explode?

10:30.

Dunno, going on how this transfer window is going, I'm thinking bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Whatcha think lads?

M0aiSSM.jpg

Dunno, going on how this transfer window is going, I'm thinking bad

We're all just speculating here. We don't know that 'twitter will explode' and there's nothing to suggest that if it does it's about a press conference or even Man Utd.

Scrap that...I'm just reading that the second halves of all Premiership clubs' Friday press conferences are embargoed until 10pm so the newspapers can go to print.

• Advertisement

Huge news...Rory McIlroy will indeed have the Wanamaker Trophy on the pitch tomorrow and not just the Claret Jug as previously thought...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Whatcha think lads?

M0aiSSM.jpg

That's not the Utd team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Where do ye think Di Maria and Khedira are going to end up lads?

Surely they wont be happy to stay at Real given their likely status in first XI?

Disclaimer: I'm not linking them to us!

Khedira would make sense...re Di Maria there's more than a hint of Woodward egomania. Not needed, much like Cavani who I can't believe we were ever linked with.

We desperately need at least one centre half, one midfielder, one left back and one right back. We probably need two centre halves and maybe two midfielders.

Spending time and resources on attackers is bonkers (if we're doing that).

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Advice needed on FF team.
    I know there is a few players who will be injured for the start of the season but I don't like having to make too many changes throughout the year so picking my team for the season now.

So what do you think of this 15? opinions/advice welcome

2isyr0i.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

I know there is a few players who will be injured for the start of the season but I don't like having to make too many changes throughout the year so picking my team for the season now.

2isyr0i.jpg

That team would have a good chance of beating swansea iv a feeling. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

2isyr0i.jpg

It's solid but you need someone at CB, LB and CM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Do you have to pick it now? Could you wait a couple of weeks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Khedira would make sense...re Di Maria there's more than a hint of Woodward egomania. Not needed, much like Cavani who I can't believe we were ever linked with.

We desperately need at least one centre half, one midfielder, one left back and one right back. We probably need two centre halves and maybe two midfielders.

Spending time and resources on attackers is bonkers (if we're doing that).

Only thing is that Di Maria played CM for Argentina and Real last year and was brilliant in creating from that position and getting on the ball. He's also played that LWB position for Argentina before (think it was the 2010 World Cup he played there?)

Wouldn't expect any news from the press embargo. At very most probably something along the lines of "we've made a bid for Rojo, and we're seeing how that develops", or "we've other targets in mind".

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

2isyr0i.jpg

I dunno about Lindegaard, supposed to be out the door. Should get Amos in there :-)

Only thing is that Di Maria played CM for Argentina and Real last year and was brilliant in creating from that position and getting on the ball. He's also played that LWB position for Argentina before (think it was the 2010 World Cup he played there?)

Would he be much better or different to Kagawa or Mata in that role?

It's all very quiet...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement