Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

bantee wrote: »
    Not just August, for the next 30 days which brings you up until about 14th Sept, sweet deal as I think 3 United matches are shown. Signed up last night but don't know what the deadline is.

Is there a link to this deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

If you sign uptoday for 30 days you will get 2 games .Swansea home and Burnley away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

I've got sky sports 1-5 now. No bt sport though.

No HD as yet, but some are saying they have a few HD channels
    Do you have a HD subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Is there a link to this deal?

Go onto setanta.ie, click the link on the main page and follow a few steps, enter credit/debit details and it's done, takes a couple mins only. Hope it's not past the deadline for you and don't forget to unsubscribe after 30 days or they'll charge you for next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

bantee wrote: »
    Go onto setanta.ie, click the link on the main page and follow a few steps, enter credit/debit details and it's done, takes a couple mins only. Hope it's not past the deadline for you and don't forget to unsubscribe after 30 days or they'll charge you for next month.

Will this work on UPC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Rojo has been left out of SP Lisbons matchday squad so could see that transfer going through.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Rojo has been left out of SP Lisbons matchday squad so could see that transfer going through.

Well sporting did say he wouldn't be allowed play or be on the bench for the match as punishment for unprofessionalism.

They announced that after he went to the press. They said that they are deciding what action to take as punishment with him and another player.

Transfer could go through but I wouldn't use that as a fact that it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

So Vidal has not evene been listed as a sub for the Juve v Singapore match.

Proabaly a fitness/knee thing but I went there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Transfer window has been an absolute disaster but the PL is back - let the games and fun begin...

BvJ0LUeIUAAIdFO.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Debuts for Blackett and Lingard. Balls out from Louis. If he believes the kids are ready..let 'em play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Have a feeling the players will be very motivated today. These 3 points are as important as any other throughout the season. Have to get off to a good start, build momentum.

Will this work on UPC?

Don't know to be honest as it's linked through the setanta site, imagine it does though as you pay setanta directly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Lingard at right wing back. Van gaal certainly has some balls on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Statement team from LvG. Would love to see more young lads break in to the first team this season. Was wondering if Wilson would make the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Delighted that Lingard gets a start, well deserved. Looks like we have a manager that picks a team on merit.

• Advertisement

It's weird seeing Scholes all over the media the last few months and now as a pundit on BT.
    You wouldn't hear a peep from him while he was playing!

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Debuts for Blackett and Lingard. Balls out from Louis. If he believes the kids are ready..let 'em play!

Exactly! I know a lot of us say we don't think they're ready but I'm sure he knows better than us if a player is ready!

Let's hope the lads prove him right and put in a good shift!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

ElChe32 wrote: »

Its nothing to do with believing they're ready, he has no other choice.

Is Valencia injured? Thought he would've been RWB but not on bench either.

Adamcp898 wrote: »

Well under different managers we'd probably be seeing along the lines of a back four with Fletcher dropped to centre back with Smalling, Jones right back and Blackett(if even) left back.

VG has shown a lot of faith in Blackett in particular, I honestly think we do need backup in the defence but I do think VG believes that some of the young lads are up to the challenge.

If he wasn't sure they were ready surely he would have got a panic buy replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I have all sky sports on UPC

Game on now On BT sports 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

They had a good pre-season and they deserve a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Gary Neville ‏@GNev2 6 mins
    United- 2 debuts and 11 homegrown or English in the 18. Whist we all know United do need strengthening the path is always open to youth!

Nail on the head.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Blackett deserves the debut based on pre-season.

I like Lingard, so looking forward to seeing how he fares at LWB.

Couldn't give a **** about the nationality of the players, but I'm glad that Amos, Junzaj, Keane, Blackett and Lingard are in that squad for today. It'll be interesting to see who else comes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Delighted for Lingard. Long overdue a run out with the senior team.

It's refreshing to see young players being given a chance rather than somebody else being shifted out of position to cover.

LvG saying Manchester United will be his last job!

MagicIRL wrote: »

Sure Moyes thought that too :P

Interesting to hear Carrick elude to VG having an aura in the dressing room and that he demands respect.
    No doubt he's comparing that presence to that of Moyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Delighted to see Chico starting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Its actually strange seeing the 3 centre backs and 2 wing backs being English in the Premier league.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Well under different managers we'd probably be seeing along the lines of a back four with Fletcher dropped to centre back with Smalling, Jones right back and Blackett(if even) left back.

VG has shown a lot of faith in Blackett in particular, I honestly think we do need backup in the defence but I do think VG believes that some of the young lads are up to the challenge.

If he wasn't sure they were ready surely he would have got a panic buy replacement.

True, but that wouldn't be a good situation either and he'd have been forces into it too.

Don't want to bring down everyone's mood on a day like today but I think its been pretty much covered that he has tried to sign centre halves in the last couple of weeks in order to avoid this exact situation.

Nolars wrote: »
    They had a good pre-season and they deserve a place.

Well there's a list a mile long of players who have flattered in pre season and then done sweet fa when they've been tested. This is not that situation though, blacketts there because there's no one else, we just have to hope he steps up now.

Don't want to bring down everyone's mood on a day like today but I think its been pretty much covered that he has tried to sign centre halves in the last couple of weeks in order to avoid this exact situation.

Even if we'd signed the center backs we know about over the last 2 weeks, they wouldn't have been playing today anyway. I'd imagine LVG knew by waiting to bid till after the preseason tour, this was likely going to be his back three today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

MagicIRL wrote: »

He always said that. It was either get a job in England after the World Cup or retire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

PP have a offer till 12:45 if you put 20 quid on top goal scorer you get 2 euro free bet every time he scores...was tempted to go RVP but went with Rooney. I think hes gonna have a great season, well hopefully in anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

While it's fantastic to see the younger players get a chance, I'm a little worried as well. The fear factor is gone from Old Trafford and Swansea could very well be sitting in the dressing room licking their lips at a weak back three and two inexperienced wing-backs.

But in LVG we trust :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Headshot wrote: »
    Delighted to see Chico starting.

Hope he scores first!

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Even if we'd signed the center backs we know about over the last 2 weeks, they wouldn't have been playing today anyway. I'd imagine LVG knew by waiting to bid till after the preseason tour, this was likely going to be his back three today.

True, but I don't buy into this ''I want 6 weeks to look at everyone before I buy'', once evra and Rio went after vidic, he knew based on simply counting the number of players we have that he needed to buy. We've just been poor in moving from target to target. I don't think anyone believes our squad is ideal and that this was the plan to enter the season like this, no matter how positive or negative ones outlook.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Great chance for Lingard and Blackett to impress and get few games in the season. I was expecting Januzaj to start after how Hernandez played against Valencia and we need player like Januzaj to make this formation to work better.

• Advertisement

True, but I don't buy into this ''I want 6 weeks to look at everyone before I buy'', once evra and Rio went after vidic, he knew based on simply counting the number of players we have that he needed to buy. We've just been poor in moving from target to target. I don't think anyone believes our squad is ideal and that this was the plan to enter the season like this, no matter how positive or negative ones outlook.

As I've said before, we knew we needed defenders, but it's likely, given how he loves his system, philosophy and certain types of players to play certain roles, that LVG didn't know what type of CB he wanted or needed (outside of a world class, but unavailable defender like Hummels).

Since the tour ended, given we know about Verm and Rojo, it's become obvious he wants a left footed defender to play that side of the defensive 3, and there could be other traits he's seeking out as well. It's not always as easy as "OI, Ed! Get me a defender, ANY defender!"

Lord TSC wrote: »
    As I've said before, we knew we needed defenders, but it's likely, given how he loves his system, philosophy and certain types of players to play certain roles, that LVG didn't know what type of CB he wanted or needed (outside of a world class, but unavailable defender like Hummels).

Since the tour ended, given we know about Verm and Rojo, it's become obvious he wants a left footed defender to play that side of the defensive 3, and there could be other traits he's seeking out as well. It's not always as easy as "OI, Ed! Get me a defender, ANY defender!"

I know we simplify things on forums to a massive degree but I feel its naive to think we've only been trying to sign players for a fortnight and that he's happy to start the season with the players we have.

Anyways I'm off to watch the game, a good performance today would do wonders for everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Kagawa

@tancredipalmeri

Manchester United have offered 30m€ for Roma's df Benatia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Nervous about that team but excited at the same time. Enjoy everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

dahat wrote: »
    Hope he scores first!

Anytime 5/4 looks good.

"I will be very disappointed when we don't win"

Eh....LVG, might want to brush up on his English....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Kagawa wrote: »
    @tancredipalmeri

He said Di Maria to PSG was a done deal two weeks ago. He's full of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Kagawa wrote: »
    @tancredipalmeri

The biggest spoof of all he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Do what we have agreed and we will win.

v

We're going to try to make it difficult for them.

I liked Moyes and defended him to near death but damn it, it's nice to hear the complete opposite approach from a manager. That's it, no more Moyes v LVG comparisons for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Jules.Winnfield

PP have a offer till 12:45 if you put 20 quid on top goal scorer you get 2 euro free bet every time he scores...was tempted to go RVP but went with Rooney. I think hes gonna have a great season, well hopefully in anyways

Is that offer available through the app do you know? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Is that offer available through the app do you know? :o
    It's only online or on app.

Rooney for me in it too.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement