Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Same problems again. Carrying way too many players in this side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭Danye

We genuinely need 5 players (minimum) in to do something this season.

1 top drawer centre half, another decent centre half and a left full.

1 top drawer central midfielder and another physically strong dominating midfielder. We're so light in the centre of the park. Getting bullied.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Vidal will save us, eh Larry?

Vidal is not enough...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hoofball to Fellaini now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Shambolic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Some baffling personnel decisions and the formation didn't suit the players chosen. Kagawa not playing is annoying in the extreme. Januzaj playing right back is a joke. It's descended into goofball. At least Blackett's good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Jones fantastic challenge again, Sigs lovely ball. Gomis should have had a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Jones been sensational.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Fellaini needs to be sold. He is a disgrace. Constantly elbowing players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Elbow ffs, hes fair dirty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

He should of been sent off for that thuggish tackle

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Could have been red for Fellaini. Def a yellow card for him anyhow it should have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Strange that it was Jones shunted to RB again with change of formation. Surely Young at RB and Blacket at LB would've been better?

Shelvey is a detestable player. Would love to see him get a taste of his own medicine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

5starpool wrote: »
    Could have been red for Fellaini. Def a yellow card for him anyhow it should have been.

Deliberate elbow to someones face? Straight red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Vidal is not enough...

Who else are we signing so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭weisses

One positive thing from this game is that You can be assured some proper signings will be made in the next two weeks

As bad as Herrera was he's not the player you take off to win a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

We've looked terrible since Herrera went off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Ooh, reckon FA will have a look at that one from Fellaini, which would probably be good for Man U anyway. He def went for a little smack out at Ki.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

This place is going to be hell on earth for foreseeable future.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Jack Charlton would be proud of this

weisses wrote: »
    One positive thing from this game is that You can be assured some proper signings will be made in the next two weeks

Oh really? Because its not like we had all summer to do it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Shambles. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

2 weeks away from this thread will probably be the plan now to safe my sanity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

That Herrera sub was baffling alright, he was keeping things ticking in midfield

For all the good we seen from LVG in preseason he made some real shockers today. Januzaj coming on for Lingard at RWB is something I never fathomed ever writing.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If Ferguson was in charge I'd still expect utd to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

This game has proven everything we already knew
    The preseason didn't highlight a thing
    Chico is not going to last
    Fellaini is simply not good enough and adds nothing in midfield or attack
    Weve no one in midfield thats fighting for the ball
    Young has no place in the team
    Rooney is not a captain thats going to drive this team
    Cross cross cross doesn't work

We needed signings weeks ago and now its too late

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭weisses

Oh really? Because its not like we had all summer to do it...

But they didn't and this game would probably speed up things regarding possible transfers

Ashley young should be playing in the championship. Rubbish.

weisses wrote: »

Don't be so sure. We said that last season too.

Who said Young would revert to form after pre season? Whoever you are, can I have the lotto numbers for tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Signings needed or its a struggle for fourth.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I know this hasn't been ideal but most of the people saying we are a shambles now were fairly happy this time last season when we won 4-1 against Swansea!

This is only one game, we have a lot of injuries and not much depth. Give VG time before we start predicting impending doom!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Ah I'm sure everything will work out perfectly fine ...

No need for a CM or a CB. Sure that'd be silly.

I'm happy for Van Gaal to give time to assess what he had but if the problems aren't rigging alarm bells in his head after that, it's going to a very very long season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

You know I knew that was going to happen

So much for positivity, club is a complete joke if we don't sign two midfielders and two defenders in the next two weeks, and top class ones at that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I know this hasn't been ideal but most of the people saying we are a shambles now were fairly happy this time last season when we won 4-1 against Swansea!

This is only one game, we have a lot of injuries and not much depth. Give VG time before we start predicting impending doom!

We were poor in our first game last season, despite the score . Shambles today. Lacking quality in all areas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Well on the plus side, a lot of people will be out of Last Man Standing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Welcome to the Premier League Mr Van Gaal I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Right Ed time to take out the cheque book NOW!

It may be time to revive the green and gold brigade if we don't get players in that can help us compete.

• Advertisement

Well on the plus side, a lot of people will be out of Last Man Standing.

Just thought that myself :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

People will focus on defence cause it's the popular topic, but this match really showed me how much I wish Rooney was replaced. Despite a great bicycle kick, he was ****ing dire all over the match; shooting instead of passing, when he did pass, he was lazy and misplaced them, and never looked like a leader trying to prove himself.

Meanwhile, Fletcher was anonymous at best, Young undid all the good faith he gained over the preseason, Nani did very little when he came on, Hernandez is already out the door.

Personally, I felt Jones and Smalling looked quite good; the goals, for me, came from deficiencies in the wing backs.

The biggest positive is that this should lead to transfers in ASAP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Anyone see Mata today? Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

We were poor in our first game last season, despite the score . Shambles today. Lacking quality in all areas

In my view the final third was our big issue. Doing nothing with the possession we had. Obviously it would help to get in some players with the injuries we have but I'm not going to start going into this mad panic some people seem to be.

I'm waiting to see how we are at the end of the month before I start to panic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

While I "should" be annoyed, I'm not overly freaking out.

I think watching that LVG will have gotten himself very much equipped with the task ahead and what is needed. We looked a bit toothless going forward. RVP to come back will make a big difference. Herrera still to settle and the team to get a bit more equipped with what is required.

Fully expect signings to come in during the next week, and I mean fully. The squad is not top 4 material without making some quality signings I'm afraid. Real lack of quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

dubmick wrote: »
    Anyone see Mata today? Ffs

How he stay on for the full match was strange. Herrara should have stayed on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Lord TSC wrote: »
    People will focus on defence cause it's the popular topic, but this match really showed me how much I wish Rooney was replaced. Despite a great free kick, he was ****ing dire all over the match; shooting instead of passing, when he did pass, he was lazy and misplaced them, and never looked like a leader trying to prove himself.

Meanwhile, Fletcher was anonymous at best, Young undid all the good faith he gained over the preseason, Nani did very little when he came on, Hernandez is already out the door.

Personally, I felt Jones and Smalling looked quite good; the goals, for me, came from deficiencies in the wing backs.

The biggest positive is that this should lead to transfers in ASAP.

Well said TSC
    LvG has domne nothing to impress me yet during his reign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

We need to spend major £££. And that was before the match.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

edgecutter wrote: »
    Right Ed time to take out the cheque book NOW!

It may be time to revive the green and gold brigade if we don't get players in that can help us compete.

Is that last bit sarcasm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I wonder how many people are going to keep their heads in the sand about whats going on at the club now?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement