Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

We need to sign Vidal, Benatia, Rojo and Blind. It's simple really

We are also very slow when attacking and I'm starting to think RVP Rooney and Mata in the 3412 won't work as well as it looks on paper. Mata struggles when there is no pace for him to feed and Rooney always wants to come short for the ball. We need one of them to play more of a Aguero or Suarez role but I don't think either would be able to

Lots of work for Van Gaal to do over the next few months and I'm not very optimistic about the results we will get while things are being tweaked

I personally think Welbeck should be starting alongside either Rooney or RVP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

I personally think Welbeck should be starting alongside either Rooney or RVP.

Chico is not up to it anyway, his build up play is very poor.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Ah Larry can you stop making Jesus cry :pac:

Van Gaal is no spoofer and has the record to prove it. I will put it down to emotion rsther than knee jerking

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭limpdd

Reedsie wrote: »
    Apparantly Jim White has tweeted 11 transfer rumours this summer and all have been on the money

2zywev4.jpg

August 16 - Benetia to Man Utd (official ???)

The story is that hes only going for talks, that means very little really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

edgecutter wrote: »
    We had Ferguson at the time and he was working wonders with the team, we no longer have that. I' am not saying that we should start it now. I would wait till the 2nd of September and see what happens. We can't be happy if we continue the rest of the campaign with this squad.

The green and gold thing was a farce, it achieved nothing as far as I know. The people protesting were still going to the match therefore still lining the pockets of the owners. Then the scarves just became a fashion accessory and it was over.

Apologies if any of that is wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

There is another possibility...

That Van Gaal is a spoofer and a charlatan just looking for one last big pay day.

I'm sorry, but Ray Charles wouldn't need to "assess the squad" to realise that reinforcements are needed.

We're Donald Ducked until we spend north of £100m.

You know, for someone who claims regularly to have the inside track, you're very find of calling people spoofers.

VG is a man of great integrity and a lot of talent as a manager. He is no spoofer. Your posts are very very irritating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Did the Benatia story not start out as a rumour/spoofing/"exclusive" by that Tancredi twitter account earlier this morning?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

limpdd wrote: »
    The story is that hes only going for talks, that means very little really.

IF he is actually traveling then the deal is as good as done. Players do all the negotiations through their agents these days and everything will be agreed before the player travels.

I will say one thing, the system VG is trying to introduce doesn't work if the wing backs aren't really tuned in and bombing on constantly. They are the key to the system in fact. They stretch the opposition when they go forward, then you have loads of space for the front three and at least one of the two central players in support.
    Rafeal and shaw will make a big difference.
    With both out, we had to go to plan b, then plan c in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

IF he is actually traveling then the deal is as good as done. Players do all the negotiations through their agents these days and everything will be agreed before the player travels.

if he is travelling I would say something extraordinary OR failing a medical would be the only things that would scupper a deal at the 'travelling' stage...

As stated, the way things work these days the fee would have been agreed as well as personal terms....

fingers crossed ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Coming from another ITK, I doubt that you've ever known anyone who has ever been in Manchester, #ITK

my father was at the game.

how is that ITK tell me?

coming from a re reg and all lol... how funny. guess you would know;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Well according to Wikipedia, Benatia is already a United player :pac:

Well according to Wikipedia, Benatia is already a United player :pac:

LOVE Wikipedia!!!! :D

Our new num 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE Wikipedia!!!! :D

Our new num 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What numbers are free? 5,7,9?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Benatia alone would be more than enough for ye this season. This guy is as good if not better than Thiago Silva when he playing his best. I'd be shocked if he joined United but fair f*cks if it happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

my father was at the game.

how is that ITK tell me?

coming from a re reg and all lol... how funny. guess you would know;)

And I'm sure your uncle and all his cousins are at every game, get over it

You know no more than anyone, stop pretending larry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I will say one thing, the system VG is trying to introduce doesn't work if the wing backs aren't really tuned in and bombing on constantly. They are the key to the system in fact. They stretch the opposition when they go forward, then you have loads of space for the front three and at least one of the two central players in support.
    Rafeal and shaw will make a big difference.
    With both out, we had to go to plan b, then plan c in the second half.

Not taking a pop at you or anything, just the context. Don't you ever just get sick of saying that about United, when x or y player is fit they will make a big difference? Its so frustrating the amount of injuries every single season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Benatia alone would be more than enough for ye this season. This guy is as good if not better than Thiago Silva when he playing his best. I'd be shocked if he joined United but fair f*cks if it happens

He's really not, the midfield would still remain in dire straits.

And I'm sure your uncle and all his cousins are at every game, get over it

You know no more than anyone, stop pretending larry

have I hit a nerve?;)

oh and Name is Adrian.

you can follow me and my bro on twitter sweetheart. we love trolling so we do. his posts are all photoshopped;)

x x x x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

I kinda, sorta know someone who was at the game too. Guess I'm an ITK too by some standards?
    I say I know them. I sorta know, well, ummm, of them. Ok, i's Homer. I'm using Homer as my way into the ITK gang.
    That's ok though? Right?

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    Not taking a pop at you or anything, just the context. Don't you ever just get sick of saying that about United, when x or y player is fit they will make a big difference? Its so frustrating the amount of injuries every single season.

I do get sick of it, yes. It's a fact that we have an injury prone squad. Our best eleven is still outstanding, but we rarely see them all together.
    Rafeal is a good example. I think he's a wonderful player but the manager should probably look to replace him long term. He is injured far too often.
    Thought Coleman would be perfect for a right wing back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Benatia claim on the Sky website now. Big claim if it's not true, should know more later on from the Manchester reporters when the content of tomorrow's papers is revealed.

is he a good signing if it is true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,870 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Pfffff ITK... a ludicrous concept... Anyone who claims to be such are just using code to call themselves a bull****ter Walter Mitty style... One can make an opinion based on various news reports and media comments as to what may be happening or what may happen regarding a player but 'in the know' gimme a break...

As regards our system and injuries... Don't be too surprised if LVG sets up 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 next time out. We haven't currently got a squad sufficiently equipped to play the current 3-5-2 due to injuries and cover in general in certain positions. My greatest fear from a squad point of view this season was looking at a situation where we had players out of position ie. Carrick or Fletcher centre back... ultimately this cost us today with Young playing left back in a four and being at fault for the winner through perhaps no fault of his own for having to play there. He is a forward !

I'll still beat this drum until I don't have to but we desperately need 4 players two at the back and two in the middle of the park.

Taking off Herrera today unless he was injured was a bad move.. He was the only effective link between defence and midfield. It all went to pot after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

As a City fan I would be gutted if we couldn't have got him if he was available. Mangala is gonna be the real deal in a few years but this guy is in his prime. Easily the best CB in Italy, I'd have him in the top 3 CB in the world with a push. Better suited to England than Hummels aswell so ye should be laughing if ye get him. Very athletic, great on the ball and defensively very very strong.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Daniel Taylor saying club has denied He is flying over.....

The Roma fans will be very upset. My own humble opinion is that he'll be an exceptional signing - apart from the African nations thing.

Even one top central midfielder now and I think we will be back on track soon. Should go for a leader. Vidal would be perfect. De Jong would actually be very well suited to what we need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,870 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

If he's flying he's pretty much a done deal.
    About time!!!!

When SKY run with a "Sky Sources Understand" story then you can pretty much take it as fact.

It always funny people who get worked up by ITK.

It always seems be posters who only post small amount of time.

But whats really funny is people getting worked up about my father who bless him is retired making a comment about people leaving a match early.

How the hell thats ITK im not sure unless word is more broad based now.

Anyway will just have keep up to date on re regs.....:P

The Roma fans will be very upset. My own humble opinion is that he'll be an exceptional signing - apart from the African nations thing.

Even one top central midfielder now and I think we will be back on track soon. Should go for a leader. Vidal would be perfect. De Jong would actually be very well suited to what we need.
    As a City fan I would be gutted if we couldn't have got him if he was available. Mangala is gonna be the real deal in a few years but this guy is in his prime. Easily the best CB in Italy, I'd have him in the top 3 CB in the world with a push. Better suited to England than Hummels aswell so ye should be laughing if ye get him. Very athletic, great on the ball and defensively very very strong.

cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

Lord TSC wrote: »

So his coming by boat!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Lord TSC wrote: »

Where does he say that? Can't find anything on his Twitter?

Strumms wrote: »
    When SKY run with a "Sky Sources Understand" story then you can pretty much take it as fact.

I mean if he is actually in the air

Edit: if we get him, it might help attract other top talents. Vidal will be well aware of how good Benatia is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Blatter wrote: »
    Where does he say that? Can't find anything on his Twitter?

https://mobile.twitter.com/DTguardian/status/500707126663479297

may be some kind of interest, but the stuff about him on his way over tonight etc is being knocked down (quite firmly)

Supposed it does say "tonight" which could be an out....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

27 years old, should get a solid 5 years out of him

Now get in a top class midfielder to partner Herrera and 4th should be attainable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Blatter wrote: »
    Benatia claim on the Sky website now. Big claim if it's not true, should know more later on from the Manchester reporters when the content of tomorrow's papers is revealed.

I would be over the moon at him signing, genuinely beyond my expectations right now. He is a super player

nuxxx wrote: »
    27 years old, should get a solid 5 years out of him

Now get in a top class midfielder to partner Herrera and 4th should be attainable

Or before we move on to a CM we could ACTUALLY sign him???

What's with the getting ahead of ourselves tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

thats it, im not logging off until we sign someone !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

syngindub wrote: »
    thats it, im not logging off until we sign someone !!

See ya in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Keno wrote: »
    See ya in January.

You being overly optimistic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Headshot wrote: »

It depends. I think we'll be in for John O'Shea. On loan.

Just throwing this out there.
    I think john joe shelvey would be a good addition is replacement of Fellani.
    He gets stuck in, he's only 22, English

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

He didn't say which January though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Get out and don't come back

Get out and don't come back

:)

Pointed a finger at sir Alec. He will never play for us.
    Khedira, de Jong, bender, draxler, Vidal, McCarthy, blind are all far superior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Or before we move on to a CM we could ACTUALLY sign him???

What's with the getting ahead of ourselves tonight?

Not getting ahead of myself just expect the transfer to go through since Sky are reporting it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

Shelvey? Seriously? Have we sunk that low. I would never want him near the club. Detestable player.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement