Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

KH25 wrote: »
    Shelvey? Seriously? Have we sunk that low. I would never want him near the club. Detestable player.
    Watched the game today, he played well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Pointed a finger at sir Alec. He will never play for us.
    Khedira, de Jong, bender, draxler, Vidal, McCarthy, blind are all far superior.

Draxler is very outta place there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

syngindub wrote: »

He spent the game putting in dirty tackles. He wasn't good enough for Liverpool. He's not good enough for united either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

There's a reason Liverpool got rid of him, a similar reason why United should part ways with Fellaini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

nuxxx wrote: »
    Not getting ahead of myself just expect the transfer to go through since Sky are reporting it

Are we still talking about Man U yeah? :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Christ this thread has lost control at times but someone suggesting Shelvey to United just takes the absolute biscuit altogether fcuk me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Friendly reminder that MOTD starts in 15 mins for those who need to catch highlights. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

He does look good at times. But he looks good against fletcher, who is no where near top level these days. He is out of his depth when he faces top players.
    If we want to be at the top, you need players who excel when they meter top opposition.
    Lars bender could be top class. Surprised big clubs haven't gone in for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Imagine the ammo we would give the Liverpool fans if we signed Shelvey....

Spend all summer 'chasing' Vidal and end up with a Liverpool reject.....

Wow, would be a hell of a lot of social media dodging for a bloody long time!!!!

Edit: all that aside from the blindingly obvious, he is NOT GOOD ENOUGH

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Just throwing this out there.
    I think john joe shelvey would be a good addition is replacement of Fellani.
    He gets stuck in, he's only 22, English

2bxkqc.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

318699.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Just throwing this out there.
    I think john joe shelvey would be a good addition is replacement of Fellani.
    He gets stuck in, he's only 22, English

He is an utter c u n t.... Dirty dog of a footballer.

Just watching MOTD again , what the absolute fcuk was blackett doing giving the ball back to swansea for the quick free , i think I missed this earlier , i mean thats football 101 jesus

One thing I noticed in the build-up to the first Swansea goal was United having up to 6 players in Swansea's half while Swansea had the ball and their furthest players back were up with the centre circle. Despite that there was only one United player chasing and pressuring. Surely it's mental to play that high-up and that compact without the ball without closing down the opposition?

Utd can / will do better than Shelvey in the coming two weeks but - as it stands right now - he wouldn't be out of place in that squad given the current midfield options.

• Advertisement

One thing I noticed in the build-up to the first Swansea goal was United having up to 6 players in Swansea's half while Swansea had the ball and their furthest players back were up with the centre circle. Despite that there was only one United player chasing and pressuring. Surely it's mental to play that high-up and that compact without the ball without closing down the opposition?

Football 101: if you want to play high you press; if you don't want to press get deep and compact. I'm sure Van Gaal will sort it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Football 101: if you want to play high you press; if you don't want to press get deep and compact. I'm sure Van Gaal will sort it.

Can't you take your incredible knowledge elsewhere, us mere mortals in the United thread aren't worthy

nuxxx wrote: »
    Can't you take your incredible knowledge elsewhere, us mere mortals in the United thread aren't worthy

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Effortless condensation! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

So how can David Moyes get the blame for this one? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

RVN10 wrote: »
    Just watching MOTD again , what the absolute fcuk was blackett doing giving the ball back to swansea for the quick free , i think I missed this earlier , i mean thats football 101 jesus

Seen him kick it back and was like WTF

What worry's me after today , was Moyes the problem at the club or is it the way we are being run? we've two players to replace 4 , with all the money Woodward is bringing us in commercially he has done absolute sod all with it. Mata was signed to appease us the fans but he has a tendency to disappear for e.g. today. All this revenue will mean sh1t if we don't improve the team with some players , need someone like Di Maria to show we have it in us and even vidal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

irishfeen wrote: »
    So how can David Moyes get the blame for this one? ;)

Would you ever stop. Moyes was a disaster. He was awful in the job and your defending him to the death was ridiculous.

He's gone now and if you start trying to use any loss as proof that Moyes wasn't utterly shíte as the United manager you will only make yourself look like an idiot.

?

Bit sore from the result I would imagine, doesn't see the post/poster, just the club allegience :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

@UtdReport

David Moyes has confirmed that he wanted Bale & Ronaldo at #mufc & that he was very close to a few 'major signings'. [via @MailSport]

29295727.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Glancing over the Moyes interview...strikes me he is in a lovely position where he can promise the moon and stars now he doesn't have to actually deliver anything...

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Glancing over the Moyes interview...strikes me he is in a lovely position where he can promise the moon and stars now he doesn't have to actually deliver anything...

Wouldn't even be interested in reading it at all, completely irrelevant at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

He comes across very well due to the questions asked and the way the article was written. But then again he was always going to, he wouldn't have done the interview if that wasn't going to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

In fairness to him though, he was in an impossible situation, one of the biggest teams in the league comes calling you don't say no and I'm imagining things were in pretty bad shape when he arrived, situation was way too big for him though, saying that I think it would always have been too big for him, but do feel sorry for him, but think he can turn it around quick enough, Stoke job would be perfect for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Friendly reminder that MOTD starts in 15 mins for those who need to catch highlights. :)

Careful now or I will share that video I have of you losing it in the Aviva two years ago behind the goal at that obnoxious drunk guy

oh and :)

• Advertisement

Pro. F wrote: »
    Would you ever stop. Moyes was a disaster. He was awful in the job and your defending him to the death was ridiculous.

He's gone now and if you start trying to use any loss as proof that Moyes wasn't utterly shíte as the United manager you will only make yourself look like an idiot.
    Ha ha it was only a joke - Moyes was a disaster your right but today was a disaster too... LVG will turn things round, of that I have no doubt but things might get worse before they get better if talent is not signed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Daniel Taylor saying club has denied He is flying over.....
    Which means it's on so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Think I might buy some of the fancy flavoured popcorn for when Homer gets back posting on this thread after todays game. Ya know the ones...you get them in tesco. They're like sour cream and chives or something like that.

Trilla wrote: »
    Careful now or I will share that video I have of you losing it in the Aviva two years ago behind the goal at that obnoxious drunk guy

oh and :)

Bit creepy that you keep bringing that up, just a little strange at a certain stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Thank **** I'm still on holidays.

Didn't see the game.

Laughable at this stage that there's been no signings.

Still watching space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

J. Marston wrote: »
    29295727.jpg

Moyes on transfers: "It’s been well documented that we wanted Fabregas, Bale and Ronaldo. There was talk of Ronaldo when I arrived." #MUFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

There is another possibility...

That Van Gaal is a spoofer and a charlatan just looking for one last big pay day.

A spoofer who only last month, led a very unfancied Dutch team to third place in the World Cup. Now that's one impressive spoofer imo.

Far more likely Larry "Vidal is signing this Friday" is a spoofer in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I'm well and truly off the positivity couch.

I was worried that the results pre-season were against inferior opposition or not at full competitive match pace, and that fear that we aren't as good as those results may infer have been realised.

I'm baffled. Really am surprised that an organisation as big as United, that have people that are experts in the game can not have realised that there is a great big gaping hole in our midfield, that there is a dire need for a centre back, that we have zero left back cover.

Mistakes were made last season, yes. Both in the summer transfer window and in the appointment of a manager that wasn't up to the job. I really hope that those mistakes in the transfer window are not going to be repeated, and I find it impossible to believe that a man of van Gaal's experience, knowledge and standing in the game was not fully aware of the issues that need addressing BEFORE the official announcement of his appointment.

So where does that leave us? Is it because we HAVE targeted players that aren't interested in coming to Manchester for whatever reason? Is the whole no CL football thing an issue? Are the Glazers to blame? Is Ed Woodward to blame?

None of us can really answer this definitively, we're all gonna have our own opinions as to what happens, but one thing is for sure: it's human nature for people to look for someone to blame, someone to target if these now blatantly essential signings aren't completed. That someone is inevitably going to be Ed Woodward, and I suppose that goes with the territory of his job.

I'm worried.

• Advertisement

I'm hoping that's sarcasm Larry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lovely position alright, £5-6 million for being shít at your job and getting the sack.

irishfeen wrote: »
    Ha ha it was only a joke - Moyes was a disaster your right but today was a disaster too... LVG will turn things round, of that I have no doubt but things might get worse before they get better if talent is not signed.

Sure it was.

It's irrelevant. Hodgson threw a few stones at Liverpool in the year or so after he was sacked. Moyes will get another job and then he'll move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

RVN10 wrote: »

Just watched it myself, shocking.

Al Capwned wrote: »
    I'm well and truly off the positivity couch.

I was worried that the results pre-season were against inferior opposition or not at full competitive match pace, and that fear that we aren't as good as those results may infer have been realised.

I'm baffled. Really am surprised that an organisation as big as United, that have people that are experts in the game can not have realised that there is a great big gaping hole in our midfield, that there is a dire need for a centre back, that we have zero left back cover.

Mistakes were made last season, yes. Both in the summer transfer window and in the appointment of a manager that wasn't up to the job. I really hope that those mistakes in the transfer window are not going to be repeated, and I find it impossible to believe that a man of van Gaal's experience, knowledge and standing in the game was not fully aware of the issues that need addressing BEFORE the official announcement of his appointment.

So where does that leave us? Is it because we HAVE targeted players that aren't interested in coming to Manchester for whatever reason? Is the whole no CL football thing an issue? Are the Glazers to blame? Is Ed Woodward to blame?

None of us can really answer this definitively, we're all gonna have our own opinions as to what happens, but one thing is for sure: it's human nature for people to look for someone to blame, someone to target if these now blatantly essential signings aren't completed. That someone is inevitably going to be Ed Woodward, and I suppose that goes with the territory of his job.

I'm worried.

Yeah, I'm in deep depression thinking why did we expect something different to what's happened for years, we say there's loads of money yet can never find the right players. All the money coming in to the club none of it going out in real terms. We're turning into Arsenal a few years ago.

• Advertisement

twam2008 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm in deep depression thinking why did we expect something different to what's happened for years, we say there's loads of money yet can never find the right players. All the money coming in to the club none of it going out in real terms. We're turning into Arsenal a few years ago.

Except for the fact that we're actually spending a lot of money. You are confusing the club not buying players with the club not buying the players you want.

Sure it was.
    Very very touchy man - calm the hormones...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Except for the fact that we're actually spending a lot of money. You are confusing the club not buying players with the club not buying the players you want.

Yep. The same could be said for every time I know, but if we buy the right couple of players in the right positions, we'll be on the right track.

I'm still worried though, and I said I was going to bed half an hour ago, so carry on. :)

Name our big money signings, our Fabregas's, our Neymar's, our Costa's, our Kroos's, we are not competing with the best, we are Manchester United is wearing thin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

twam2008 wrote: »

Sorry, but what the hell are talking about....in the last 12 months:

Fellaini - £27.5m
    Mata £37.1m
    Herrera - £29m
    Shaw - £27m

And you can bet that Benatia (should the stories turn out to be true), will cost around £30m.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement