Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

I remember that season as well as you, the signs of our current problems were very evident that season and I bet my posts from the time would back up that opinion.

The oft repeated mantra that "these players won the league" is ignoring the fact that most of "these players" were shite that season as well.

I was being sarcastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

kryogen wrote: »
    Wouldn't agree with that assessment either.

Like I do myself! Ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

I think Woodward then the owners will come under fan pressure before LVG if things go belly up this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Which would demonstrate pretty good acumen when it comes to transfer dealings, so again it leaves us with a bit of a problem when declaring he is clueless

Does it? I don't think it counteracts the evidence we are seeing this summer. He removed himself from negotiations once, to spend a record fee on a player another club didn't want. It worked, but I don't think it was a stroke of genius.

I also think the mata deal actually highlights his failings.

Based on what I have been told by a few who would claim to have decent lines at e club, mata wasn't a moyes signing. He was a signing Woodward realised he could get done, and relief some of the pressure on the club re transfers. He was considered a player we could pass up, seemingly. We needed a central midfielder and a left back in January, instead we spent a fortune on a player we didn't really need and the manager couldn't use.

Woodward got his name, but failed in actually doing deals for the positions the club needed.

Again this summer we are seeing an inability to do the deals we need. Same as the previous summer. Same as January.

Shaw, Herrera and mata are all signings I like, but just a small piece of what he needed to do.

Add to this the fact he boasted weeks ago that there was no fixed budget and that we were working on targets that he been discussed with LVG over several weeks before hand. "Watch this space". So he has apparently been working on deals for more than a month (maybe two) and has done NOTHING.

I have no confidence in him to get the deals we actually need done in the next two weeks.

This summer is the real point of the start of uniteds decline IMO. We aren't going to make top 4 this season because we haven't got close to the number and quality of additions required, and a. Second season out of it will cement our position outside. It won't be a blip anymore, and will be confirmation of a terminal rott hat has been allowed to set in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Even driving to the ground, walking up...something just didnt feel right.

Oh pu-lease...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Ya I can't remember the last one there's bound to be at least one though?

veron maybe?

we just dont have the same presence as the big 3 in europe do

Uniteds and liverpools greatest teams of the past have been formed with players from the UK and Ireland and so while the clubs are the 2 biggest in the uk and ireland not so much in europe

Real have always had a history of huge foreign stars puskas, di steffano, Sanchez etc

Barca have the same with maradona, Cruyff, romario

Bayern imo would struggle like us but their recent European runs and how they won the CL 2 years ago put them back up there and they also can get any german talent they desire

Bayern are the closest type of club to us and the difference in how bayern is run and how united is run is worrying to say the least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The watch this space thing is the cross he has to bear alright, he seems foolish dealing with the media so far anyway.

I am in work, so wont have time to do a detailed reply right now, but suffice to say I see where you are coming from and understand/agree with bits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

7107bdfc3f62f4eab7c2cefbb27763e2.png

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Pro. F wrote: »
    A pretty good game but wasteful sounds like a fair assessment of his performance in this game to me. In the second half anyway, when he was playing in a suitable position.

The incredible ease with which he changes direction and goes by players though is something truly exceptional. This guy is deserving of very high praise right now imo, not just the "he's doing well and he can develop" type of stuff that many people are going with.

I think he should be given a lot of regular football this season, he's not going to develop properly otherwise. I'm very worried that with our bloated attacking options and 3412 formation that that won't happen.

Personally I would start him in preference to Mata in the 10 role, is more mobile, direct, better change of pace, can go by a man easier.

Mata is a lovely player but one we didnt need. Money should have been spent elsewhere.

To me Mata slows our play. Jan would speed up our transition into the final third considerably.

Deiseboy01 wrote: »
    Personally I would start him in preference to Mata in the 10 role, is more mobile, direct, better change of pace, can go by a man easier.

Mata is a lovely player but one we didnt need. Money should have been spent elsewhere.

To me Mata slows our play. Jan would speed up our transition into the final third considerably.

I'd play him up top beside Rooney or RVP, with mata behind. Pace to stretch defence and licence to roam. He can play 10 too, but I reckon up top with a free role a la robben in the WC would suit him and us better.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd play him up top beside Rooney or RVP, with mata behind. Pace to stretch defence and licence to roam. He can play 10 too, but I reckon up top with a free role a la robben in the WC would suit him and us better.

Given how Hernandez is pretty much void of confidence right now and looks to be on his way out, and with RVP and Welbeck out currently, I'd actually love to see Januzaj given that role....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Because we don't need "competent" players. LVG has said it clearly; he wants upgrades on what we have. Other teams can sign players for a few million because "competent" is an upgrade, but we need top level players coming in.

On top of that, it's pretty obvious we...
    1. Have money
    2. Are desperate
    Finally you are starting to see sense!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Finally you are starting to see sense!

I don't see how I've said anything there that doesn't line up with exactly what I've said all summer tbh....I've been saying all along that a top level CB and CM is needed....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

NTMK wrote: »
    veron maybe?

we just dont have the same presence as the big 3 in europe do

Uniteds and liverpools greatest teams of the past have been formed with players from the UK and Ireland and so while the clubs are the 2 biggest in the uk and ireland not so much in europe

Real have always had a history of huge foreign stars puskas, di steffano, Sanchez etc

Barca have the same with maradona, Cruyff, romario

Bayern imo would struggle like us but their recent European runs and how they won the CL 2 years ago put them back up there and they also can get any german talent they desire

Bayern are the closest type of club to us and the difference in how bayern is run and how united is run is worrying to say the least

Tbf, it wasn't that long ago that Bayern failed to qualify for the CL in their own league. They just have far less competition and Germany produces better talent than England

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Deiseboy01 wrote: »

That's a reasonable argument. It will be interesting to see Mata, Kagawa and possibly Adnan trying their hand in that 10 position, to see who can be most effective and versatile and what strikers they need ahead of them.

Oh pu-lease...

Care to elaborate or describe how you found the mood of the fans around and inside the stadium yesterday then?

And while you are at it, please explain your need to quote only one part of my post and explain also why you feel that the mood/atmosphere of the fans isnt relevent to how the team plays.

Say we didn't sign any more players this window or in January, what would peoples' minimum expectations be for the season?

I would say that an absolute outside minimum this squad should be expected to finish would be sixth. And I would want to see ongoing improvements in the standard of play with that too.

The way a lot of people are talking, it's like they think yesterday's performance and result was unavoidable with the players available. I don't agree with that at all. The defensive shape was a mess, like it's been all pre-season, and attacking chemistry just didn't work. I'd be happy to give LVG plenty of time to sort both of those things out, but I wouldn't be accepting that type of performance with those players indefinitely.

Care to elaborate or describe how you found the mood of the fans around and inside the stadium yesterday then?

And while you are at it, please explain your need to quote only one part of my post and explain also why you feel that the mood/atmosphere of the fans isnt relevent to how the team plays.

You go to a lot of games, you're not a fúcking mind reader. And it is completely obvious that you have been making your mind up about what the mood of the fans is for the past few weeks before you went to the game. Talking bollocks about twitter reactions and such.

You do this all the time, try to pretend that there is a consensus among the fans that supports your opinions. There isn't and your lack of self awareness of what you are doing is laughable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Because we don't need "competent" players. LVG has said it clearly; he wants upgrades on what we have. Other teams can sign players for a few million because "competent" is an upgrade, but we need top level players coming in.

On top of that, it's pretty obvious we...
    1. Have money
    2. Are desperate
    ...so the selling club can just double their prices once we ask for a player.

From what I saw yesterday competent is a step up. Man utd need to get over themselves

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Say we didn't sign any more players this window or in January, what would peoples' minimum expectations be for the season?

I would say that an absolute outside minimum this squad should be expected to finish would be sixth. And I would want to see ongoing improvements in the standard of play with that too.

5th based on other teams form from last year imo
    The way a lot of people are talking, it's like they think yesterday's performance and result was unavoidable with the players available. I don't agree with that at all. The defensive shape was a mess, like it's been all pre-season, and attacking chemistry just didn't work. I'd be happy to give LVG plenty of time to sort both of those things out, but I wouldn't be accepting that type of performance with those players indefinitely.

we're going to have issues even if we had got the players we wanted imo its a new system.

the problem is that when we went 2-1 down yesterday we never looked like getting that goal back and thats why the place was emptying so quickly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Without signings in this window or January. I would guess 7th place finish. But there's the spectre of a full blown injury crisis. We have a lot of injury prone players.
    The question is what happens in march if we are in that position?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

irishfeen wrote: »
    Totally agree - that team United put out yesterday was of a mid-table standard.

Yep, Homerjay is right. Just looking through the squad now....

Goalkeeper is fine.

Jones, Smalling, Evans, Blackett, Rafael, Shaw is a young, inexperienced and not very good defence.

Carrick, Fletcher, Herrera, Fellaini, Anderson as centre midfield options. Absolutely abysmal, mid-table standard is a compliment to that.

Young, Nani, Valencia and Januzaj as wing options. 3 out of 4 are crap while Januzaj is talented but wasteful. But he's young and will improve.

Mata and Kagawa as number 10's. Great options to have but without a proper midfield to supply them, they're lost.

Van Persie, Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez as strikers. Again, build a midfield behind them and they could thrive.

Defence, midfield and the wings are an absolute state. So basically what we rely on these days are set-pieces (as witnessed yesterday) and praying the likes of Rooney/RVP pull something out of the bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

You go to a lot of games, you're not a fúcking mind reader. And it is completely obvious that you have been making your mind up about what the mood of the fans is for the past few weeks before you went to the game. Talking bollocks about twitter reactions and such.

You do this all the time, try to pretend that there is a consensus among the fans that supports your opinions. There isn't and your lack of self awareness of what you are doing is laughable.

Well said. I agree with Homers assessment of what's required to get the squad to a decent state, but the other shyte that goes with it would make ya vomit sometimes. Well that's my opinion anyways!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Part of the problem when you change management and background staff is that the new management team will need to give players a run out and see how they perform. Then give them feedback, and see how they perform to that. Last year the complaint on here was that Fergie left a winning team behind and Moyes made a mess of it. Sure, Moyes hadn't really ever won any silverware and only guided Everton to mid table.

Van Gaal is your typical champion - more qualified than Moyes and is still struggling with a winning team. Moyes was right when he said he wasn't given enough time. My fear with Moyes was that he doesn't have the personality that Van Gaal has. Van Gaal might be more forceful in getting the team fitness levels up, getting them training hard, and managing them better. He might also have more balls to tell the United Executive where to go. A bit of Fergie in him, I think.

It's another transition and it's going to take time for his stamp to be placed on the team. We appear to be in the same department as we were last year - in the market, but hesitant or making a balls of bidding. Moyes got the boot - maybe Woodward should also be shown the door for failing to get proper targets or is that being squared with Moyes & Van Gaal and Woodward would happily buy whatever players are needed? The way he treated Moyes too, is subject to questioning and definitely not the 'United way' - a way many might scoff at and say business is business. But should we be doing business in such a sloppy way? Should we go down the route many other clubs do, just because it's the done thing or should United aim to do better in every department?

Early days yet. We had a decent pre-season, still lots of work to do and it's not going to be a year of challenging of the top title. First day back too. Liverpool were shaky today too, don't forget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

We beat juventus to rvps signature

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

The problem is people are expecting United to sign the best of the best, and while that certainly should be the aim of the club, without talent depth to a squad you'll win nothing.

The first move should've been to bring in two or three squad players from the Dutch WC squad. Why? Because they knew the system. Vlaar, Jaanmat, Blind, Depay, de Jong etc. These players knew the style of LvG and the style of 3-5-1-2. That would've given the rest of United time to settle in to the new system and give the club time to really scout out and go after the big fish of world football.

Herrera is a great signing, but without a capable midfielder beside him we'll never see the best of him going forward. Carrick and Fletcher are great squad players. Experience that is needed in a young side, but neither of them can be expected to play 90mins passing the ball sideways constantly.

Nani, Young, Valencia are all passengers. It's a shame, but it's the truth. Young has shown some growth playing as a wing-back, but even so he's pretty sub-par.

Up front United are more than capable but until that midfield and to a lesser extent back four are sorted out, Manchester will be blue and United a mid table club.

no, you are right...everything is f*cking great with the way the club is run & our supporters are happy, im just telling lies and pushing an agenda on an internet forum to make myself feel better. im sorry, i was wrong....
    • The general area around the stadium wasnt completely dead yesterday before the game.
    • People were happy when the team was announced.
    • The pubs, public areas, turnstiles, concourse wasnt awash with disillusioned fans complaining about the quality of the team or our board or owners.
    • The place wasnt like a morgue for 90% of the game.
    • Fans didnt just stand there whinging, moaning and compaining more than supporting the players.
    • 1000's of fans didnt walk out with the game still there to be won.
    • one of our players (Fellini) didnt get abused as he was walking off and almost had an altercation with one of the fans (this didnt happen right in front of me either).
    • the likes of Fletcher and Young didnt get abused by 1000's of fans endlessly as the game went on.
    • the supporters got behind the team when they needed them most and sung their hearts out.

but sure, a few posters on boards agree with you that big bad homerjay2005 is a moaner and has an agenda...and thats all that matter right?

regarding the mind reader part, you not think its a big ironic that you use this in an argument when i was there myself to see this with my own eyes and hear it with my own ears? i was on a plane full of United fans, drank in the pubs with them before the game around the ground, walked up chester road and SMB way with them, i spent about 2 hours inside the stadium.

now, i dont know if you were at the game yesterday, maybe you were and saw different things but please dont try to spout a pack of lies and nonsense, or more to the point question what actually happened yesterday if you were not.

Statistically speaking, it wouldn't be unusual to have a couple of thousand dopes in a crowd of 76,000.

How may fans would you estimate you came into contact with yesterday and felt comfortable gauging what they thought?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

If most of what you're saying is true Homer, then United have ****ing awful fans.

Abusing Fletch, Young and Fellaini, not supporting the team, leaving before it was over.

Spoilt springs to mind.

Statistically speaking, it wouldn't be unusual to have a couple of thousand dopes in a crowd of 76,000.

and those couple of 1000 "dopes" led to the other 72,000 united fans not opening their gobs for about 85 minutes (on the opening day of the season) and another 10,000+ fans walking out well before the final whistle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

no, you are right...everything is f*cking great with the way the club is run & our supporters are happy, im just telling lies and pushing an agenda on an internet forum to make myself feel better. im sorry, i was wrong....

Yes beause but laughing at the rubbish you posted, and it was rubbish, means Pro F is trying to say everything is fine :rolleyes:

Thats some great logic youve got going there

You were calling other fans outside the Stretford end muppets before, you were banging on with some other condescending crap about being a better fan because you go to more matches and others could afford it if they were more dedicated or something equaly stupid in that vein before.

We ofter hear about how you and the good ol'boys in the stretty are loyal and clapped Moyes all the way and other stories about being asked to leave the stretty when you failed to appreciate Vidics loyalty.

Now your Derek Acorah. Its all in your head and its an see thorugh agenda.

Often you try to come accross as some sort of real voice of the fans or senior all knowing supporter on here and its cringe worthy.

The only impression I get from those posts you make is that the Stretty is packed with pathetic knuckle dragging middle aged men who use football for a gang mentality because they are that sad.

If most of what you're saying is true Homer, then United have ****ing awful fans.

Abusing Fletch, Young and Fellaini, not supporting the team, leaving before it was over.

Spoilt springs to mind.

there was 10 of us that travelled together yesterday (and we met up with lots of others afterwards), 4 of us in lower strettie together and then the rest of them scattered around the ground and it was the same - the players were being abused left, right and center.

Fellaini reacted to the abuse he got, but at the last second pulled out. it looked like he was going to spit at the fan (but he didnt) and its actually hard to describe his reaction.

and while alot of the stuff that went on was shocking alright, its pure and simple - the fans are disillusioned, some of the lads sitting around me are in their 50's and 60's and going for 30+ years. these people dont ready twitter or boards, they make up their own minds .

of course i expect nothing but the best away support in the land next sunday but our away fans are top class - they tend to support the occasion and club no matter what.

but people should not dismiss that right now, our fan base is nowhere near where it should be and its leading to further problems. the VAST majority of this is aimed at the board, but the players now have lost alot of respect. if we got rid of 8 players in the next two weeks, most fans (even on here) wouldnt be sad to see them go.

and those couple of 1000 "dopes" led to the other 72,000 united fans not opening their gobs for about 85 minutes (on the opening day of the season) and another 10,000+ fans walking out well before the final whistle?

Are you gonna answer the question then?

• The general area around the stadium wasnt completely dead yesterday before the game.
    • People were happy when the team was announced.
    • The pubs, public areas, turnstiles, concourse wasnt awash with disillusioned fans complaining about the quality of the team or our board or owners.
    • The place wasnt like a morgue for 90% of the game.
    • Fans didnt just stand there whinging, moaning and compaining more than supporting the players.
    • 1000's of fans didnt walk out with the game still there to be won.
    • one of our players (Fellini) didnt get abused as he was walking off and almost had an altercation with one of the fans (this didnt happen right in front of me either).
    • the likes of Fletcher and Young didnt get abused by 1000's of fans endlessly as the game went on.
    • the supporters got behind the team when they needed them most and sung their hearts out.

but sure, a few posters on boards agree with you that big bad homerjay2005 is a moaner and has an agenda...and thats all that matter right?

regarding the mind reader part, you not think its a big ironic that you use this in an argument when i was there myself to see this with my own eyes and hear it with my own ears? i was on a plane full of United fans, drank in the pubs with them before the game around the ground, walked up chester road and SMB way with them, i spent about 2 hours inside the stadium.

now, i dont know if you were at the game yesterday, maybe you were and saw different things but please dont try to spout a pack of lies and nonsense, or more to the point question what actually happened yesterday if you were not.

I wasn't at the game. Non of what you say in this post changes the fact that you act like you can know exactly what all the fans are thinking just because you go to more games than any of the rest of us.

There are loads of moaners on this thread, my issue with you is not that you are a moaner. It's that you think that you know exactly what everybody is thinking, both on social media and at the games, and you make many pompous posts with those opinions. You can't see how much your perceptions of what everybody else is thinking are coloured by what you are thinking.

We can all see you working your opinions up to a frothy mess on here every few weeks. Looking for any tiny bit of evidence that paints the picture that the majority agree with you and ignoring any evidence to the contrary.

Even posters who agree with you about what is wrong with the club think that your style of false reporting of consensus is idiotic and annoying.

Are you gonna answer the question then?

yes, 17,456. is that ok for you?

Let us guess though, the good ol boys in the Stretty never stopped singing and showed those 72,000 muppets how to be a real fan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

(excuse my hungover analogy)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

@DuncanCastles

Marco Rojo expected to apologise to Sporting support for attempting to force Man Utd move in TV interview at 9.30. #MUFC
    @football_oranje

Daley Blind on a transfer, "I have nothing to report. I'm happy here"

Not looking good for two of our more realistic targets.

I wasn't at the game. Non of what you say in this post changes the fact that you act like you can know exactly what all the fans are thinking just because you go to more games than any of the rest of us.

There are loads of moaners on this thread, my issue with you is not that you are a moaner. It's that you think that you know exactly what everybody is thinking both on social media and at the games. You can't see how much your perceptions of what everybody else is thinking are coloured by what you are thinking.

We can all see you working your opinions up to a frothy mess on here every few weeks. Looking for any tiny bit of evidence that paints the picture that the majority agree with you and ignoring any evidence to the contrary.

Even posters who agree with you about what is wrong with the club think that your style of false reporting of consensus is idiotic and annoying.

what exactly have i reported from yesterday that was false then? have you proof that the points i raised are not accurate?

im not acting about anything, the state of our fan base in my opinion is represented by the people who represent us on the pitch and in the stands.

of course theres fans who have no problem with the club being run, but i think if people were to be brutally honest, my assertion or idiotic and annoying consensus of how our club is being run is far more likely to be accurate than yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

From the comfort of my couch, it sounded like there was plenty of singing up until mid way through the second half when the groans and moans and what seemed like impatience and bewilderment became more obvious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

Can someone explain the term "willy waving" to me?

what exactly have i reported from yesterday that was false then?

That you know exactly what everybody was thinking. Even with the few thousand that you might reliably be able to claim were acting pissed off, you can't know what exactly they were unhappy about. But you are certain what the cause was when you report it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Been talking about this transfer crap with a colleague who is a Liverpool fan. He can't understand why United haven't signed more players.

I've got to agree. It's not just about the high profile major impact marquee signings like Vidal, Hummels, Benatia etc. We haven't even added squad players apart from promoting Blackett and maybe Wilson.

I can understand the difficulty in signing those big names, huge money, stiff competition etc.

But why is signing the likes of Rojo so bloody difficult for United? Liverpool for example have signed a load of players. Not the massive names either, but their squad is looking very solid and deep.

The fact that we started our first game of the season with Lingard at RWB is mental.

what exactly have i reported from yesterday that was false then? have you proof that the points i raised are not accurate?

This
    The feeling before and during the game yesterday suggested otherwise. Never experienced such a dour mood and im going 12 years now.

Even driving to the ground, walking up...something just didnt feel right.

"I didn't fell right, OMG the entire ground din't feel right, they felt like I did. Something is up and I can feel them feel it and speak for them. I bet they all hate Woody too"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTU0G8lL2my0Bk5qKd8OK5J9vajncPr9MpW1SpfxVzkcgw8OoLig

"I am the chose one"

Seriously though Homer, the second hand embarresment off this I'm feeling is bad.

You dont speak for the fans, you speak only for yourself.

You'd think your complete failure to push you in the minority view of Woodward accross would have thought you that.

yes, 17,456. is that ok for you?

No, that's just a lie.

You can continue to live in your bubble where you are the voice of the match going United fans, and at that, only the real ones, not the morons you wouldn't associate with last season.

Don't be surprised when people now and then have enough of your rubbish though and snap back a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Been talking about this transfer crap with a colleague who is a Liverpool fan. He can't understand why United haven't signed more players.

I've got to agree. It's not just about the high profile major impact marquee signings like Vidal, Hummels, Benatia etc. We haven't even added squad players apart from promoting Blackett and maybe Wilson.

I can understand the difficulty in signing those big names, huge money, stiff competition etc.

But why is signing the likes of Rojo so bloody difficult for United? Liverpool for example have signed a load of players. Not the massive names either, but their squad is looking very solid and deep.

The fact that we started our first game of the season with Lingard at RWB is mental.

I think one of the many reasons, is that we have too many players on big contracts that we don't want and can't move on... there is probably about 6-7 players that we don't want anymore but they are digging in and refusing to leave and take a pay cut at other teams....

Another day, and united seemingly no closer to bringing in the quality players needed. Be atria looks to be going to bayern just 3 days after they decided they needed to buy a cb. Vidal still a juve player. Blind saying no club has come in for him and rojo to speak on sporting TV tonight, can't imagine that will be a public transfer request. Absolutely pathetic from united this summer. Again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

J. Marston wrote: »
    Not looking good for two of our more realistic targets.

Blind quote is wrong, he said "If a club announces itself, we'll talk. But I'm happy here as well. So for me there's no hurry." Apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

"The mood around the ground wasn't good yesterday"

"You can't say that, have you signed statements from every fan saying they were unhappy, you don't know it wasn't all just your imagination, everything is fine, lalalalalalal..."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Another day, and united seemingly no closer to bringing in the quality players needed. Be atria looks to be going to bayern just 3 days after they decided they needed to buy a cb. Vidal still a juve player. Blind saying no club has come in for him and rojo to speak on sporting TV tonight, can't imagine that will be a public transfer request. Absolutely pathetic from united this summer. Again.

Will you post on here tomorrow and go "Another day"......."Absolutely pathetic from united this summer. Again"

The doom and gloom is enough without stating the obvious lads! We should have a doom and gloom repeating post ban in this thread haha :p:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement