Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 13/8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

This Ian Ladyman fella reliable or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

irishfeen wrote: »
    This Ian Ladyman fella reliable or what?

Like any journo. Some like him, some don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

TheTownie wrote: »
    Like any Ladyman. Some like him, some don't.

fyp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Pro. F wrote: »
    If that was all Homer said nobody would have an issue with it.

ok, seen as you keeping pushing this....what exactly did i say thats got your knickers into such a twist?

simple yes or no question for you, do you think i am talking s*it when i say that our match going fan base are unhappy, disillusioned and pissed off right now?

to be honest, im actually quite baffled as to why anybody would get so wound up and bothered over what ive said today, when its very basic and to be honest, a very good indication of what is happening right now.

for what its worth, here are the posts i brought up before you got involved and started going into meltdown at me-
    its clear that alot of Our match going fan base has become very pissed off with the club over lack of investment and today (from the first minute) was one of the worst atmospheres ive ever experienced. The place was starting to empty going into injury time...
    Its not just the squad thats broken, its the entire club. Our fanbase has lost its fight and from the minute i went inside the ground yesterday i sensed something strange was up. The fans have had enough - years of club mismanagement, now brought to insane levels of ineptness with money wasted and s shift on focus to determining our success by off field activity as opposed to football results.
    Its inside the ground that should really matter and yesterday should be enough. There was no meltdowns, but what we have right now is an unmotivated, disillusioned fanbase who will support the team, but half assed....like our board.
    The line up we had yesterday was the reason for our awful atmosphere. When LVG came out, very few people actually cared. Moyes brought the roof down
    The feeling before and during the game yesterday suggested otherwise. Never experienced such a dour mood and im going 12 years now.

Even driving to the ground, walking up...something just didnt feel right.

and i find it strange that so many people thanked the post where you attacked me over these posts (especially the last one), yet if every single poster on here was asked to give an honest assertion of how they felt right now, i dont think anybody would be happy with the club.

and i find it rather disturbing that some people are happy to take the view of somebody who wasnt at the game as gospel over somebody who was at the game when describing how poor the spirit is in our fanbase right now.

now thats my last post on the matter. ive said my piece, you dont need to accept it and if you have a problem with me (and this goes to anybody else who doesnt agree with me or my views on the club) feel free to put me on ignore as im sick of trying to get people to realise the club right now is being run by a complete bunch of jokers who are dont give two f8cks about me, your or any of the other fans out there who care so much about the club.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

United seem to have a problem with getting rid of attacking players. That's as much the cause of squad imbalance if you ask me.
    Bring in Di Maria and get rid of Young, even Nani. Kagawa, as much as I like him could have gone when Mata came in. Anderson is still there FFS.

I would agree with this, if the managers saw Mata and RVP as improvements on existing players but didn't have any funds left for other positions (I don't think that was the case) they could sell players to get money and fill other positions. I think that was ths plan to rebalance the squad anyway, SAF was going to sell Rooney, Moyes was going to move on Hernandez (maybe more players).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Nani is not going to be popular if this deal falls through because of him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Nani is not going to be popular if this deal falls through because of him.

He's not exactly Mr Popular as things stand...

i7mKRtJ1pPWR1.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Jesus has no tears left now lads :p

This thread has become everything we used to laugh at. I am laughing now at some of the mad theories.

At least it will be closed soon.

United need some new, better players, Van Gaal agrees, he needs time to get his systems and ideas to work. Senior staff like Woodward need to step it up and get what he needs and wants.

I want a new thread, this one is broken...

Honestly all its missing is "Cliques in the thread."

I really thought we were gonna get it earlier too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Pro. F wrote: »
    You go to a lot of games, you're not a fúcking mind reader. And it is completely obvious that you have been making your mind up about what the mood of the fans is for the past few weeks before you went to the game. Talking bollocks about twitter reactions and such.

You do this all the time, try to pretend that there is a consensus among the fans that supports your opinions. There isn't and your lack of self awareness of what you are doing is laughable.
    ok, seen as you keeping pushing this....what exactly did i say thats got your knickers into such a twist?

simple yes or no question for you, do you think i am talking s*it when i say that our match going fan base are unhappy, disillusioned and pissed off right now?

to be honest, im actually quite baffled as to why anybody would get so wound up and bothered over what ive said today, when its very basic and to be honest, a very good indication of what is happening right now.

for what its worth, here are the posts i brought up before you got involved and started going into meltdown at me-

and i find it strange that so many people thanked the post where you attacked me over these posts (especially the last one), yet if every single poster on here was asked to give an honest assertion of how they felt right now, i dont think anybody would be happy with the club.

and i find it rather disturbing that some people are happy to take the view of somebody who wasnt at the game as gospel over somebody who was at the game when describing how poor the spirit is in our fanbase right now.

now thats my last post on the matter. ive said my piece, you dont need to accept it and if you have a problem with me (and this goes to anybody else who doesnt agree with me or my views on the club) feel free to put me on ignore as im sick of trying to get people to realise the club right now is being run by a complete bunch of jokers who are dont give two f8cks about me, your or any of the other fans out there who care so much about the club.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

i7mKRtJ1pPWR1.gif

thanks for that. you have cheered me right up. v good:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I would agree with this, if the managers saw Mata and RVP as improvements on existing players but didn't have any funds left for other positions (I don't think that was the case) they could sell players to get money and fill other positions. I think that was ths plan to rebalance the squad anyway, SAF was going to sell Rooney, Moyes was going to move on Hernandez (maybe more players).

There has to be more of a ruthless policy when it comes to signing and selling players. There's no room for sentimentality. The top clubs in Europe have no problem dumping even the biggest name players if they can get someone better in.

#glazersout is trending :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I saw some people are trying to organize a protest too :rolleyes:

They've pumped 120m into the club in 12 months, have appointed a top level manager (as opposed to deferring to the greatest manager of all time after his first choice didn't work out) and are still investing into the squad. The problem isn't with the Glaziers.....

v3ttel wrote: »
    :pac:

so you agree and think that i am making things up about our fan base?

if so, do you or anybody have proof that what i said about yesterday is wrong?

Recorded Rojo interview just aired on Sporting Channel. Don't think there was anything revealing from it.

First reliable translation from it.
    Jan Hagen ‏@PortuBall 35s
    Marcos Rojo: " I was hot-headed and I'm sorry. I'll be back with the rest of the [Sporting] squad tomorrow."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

What was it between? #Beliebers4LYF and #1DImpregnateME.

It means nothing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I saw some people are trying to organize a protest too :rolleyes:

They've pumped 120m into the club in 12 months, have appointed a top level manager (as opposed to deferring to the greatest manager of all time after his first choice didn't work out) and are still investing into the squad. The problem isn't with the Glaziers.....

As an outsider looking in, it's hard to disagree with this

I just don't get how you can gauge the feelings of a whole stadium. Did you go around asking everybody?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Keno wrote: »
    What was it between? #Beliebers4LYF and #1DImpregnateME.

It means nothing.

It means there's a lot of idiots wanting them out

Last few years

Herrera
    Shaw
    Mata
    Fellaini
    RVP
    Kagawa
    Zaha
    Buttner
    Varela
    De Gea
    Powell
    Bebe
    Lindegaard
    Jones
    Young
    Hernandez

Not their fault most of those have been poor signings

• Advertisement

ive never seen on topic taking over so quickly, it really is weird to see how many people have turned against them in the space of an hour or two and its going to just spiral and spiral now.

somebody posted a picture from an hour ago that theres 12,000 people who posted this in the last hour, it passed 18k a few minutes ago.

complete madness turning on the owners as its going to effect the players.

ive never seen on topic taking over so quickly, it really is weird to see how many people have turned against them in the space of an hour or two and its going to just spiral and spiral now.

somebody posted a picture from an hour ago that theres 12,000 people who posted this in the last hour, it passed 18k a few minutes ago.

Some United fans won't be happy until an oil baron comes in and saves the day, jealous of the neighbours maybe?

Some United fans won't be happy until an oil baron comes in and saves the day, jealous of the neighbours maybe?

I'd say that's an extremely small minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

You can't prove a negative. Your logic will be that if it can't be proven I'm right. Which you wont be.

Insanity.

The Glazers have been good owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

@PortuBall

To sum up: Marcos Rojo was 75 seconds on the screen. He said he was sorry and that he'll be back in training tomorrow. Didn't mention MUFC.

Erm....what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We need to get a director of football, someone who would work solely on making transfers happen, knows the game and can draw players to the club.

We've spent 65 million in the past 12 months on panic buys we didn't need

I just don't get how you can gauge the feelings of a whole stadium. Did you go around asking everybody?

ive already given my reasons for what i saw and experienced to come to that conclusion and was already pointed out, i dont think you'd need to speak to every single person in the crowd to get the full opinion of everybody to be able to forge an opinion...so no need to be so petty and pedantic.

if you were being honest, how would you describe your feelings towards the entire thing at the moment?

I'd say that's an extremely small minority.

It seems to be what some folk on here would like to happen. Protesting against owners for not spending enough money when they've spent a ridiculous amount over the last few years just doesn't make sense.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

In fairness, how many tweets are people wanting them gone, how many as United fans facepalming, and how many are non-United fans commenting on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Call me delusional but I still think we are going to have a good enough season this year. Yesterday was a flat performance, we didn't create much real chances but saying that I'm confident that the team will be able to put it behind them. Hopefully we will get most of our injured players back soon. Welbeck and RVP were big losses.

I wouldn't want an oil baron in. I was just posting that it was trending,
    Not advocating it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

We need to get a director of football, someone who would work solely on making transfers happen, knows the game and can draw players to the club.

We've spent 65 million in the past 12 months on panic buys we didn't need

We can argue the toss on that second paragraph all day. We didn't need RVP when crying out for a midfielder...and he had a massive hand in us winning the title.

Sometimes you simply can't walk away from a world class player. We bought kagawa to play 10 and Rooney to be through the middle and put that into the bin to get RVP. And left kagawa in the lurch.

Who in the right mind when offered Mata would say no. It allows you play Rooney in his best position and being able to take on board a problem PL player who is head and shoulders above the rest.

Di Maria isn't something we need either. But sometimes you simply can't turn down class talent. And the team will shape itself around the class.

We don't "need" Ronaldo or Bale ...but you wouldn't say no.

We need a CM and a CB. But if there is a chance to land top talent...you get it....regardless of who it might mean replacing...as long as it is an upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Has Benatia been confirmed as going to bayern?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Call me delusional but I still think we are going to have a good enough season this year. Yesterday was a flat performance, we didn't create much real chances but saying that I'm confident that the team will be able to put it behind them. Hopefully we will get most of our injured players back soon. Welbeck and RVP were big losses.

It's day one. People need to relax. November/December is the time to assess how it's going. Not after the first 90 minutes.

Team were largely.in control on Saturday just lacked some incision.

• Advertisement

this is completely incorrect. why do we need Oil Barons for when the club will top £460m next season in terms of revenue?

what fans do want however is the revenue our club generates being reinvested into the playing squad that the club deserves and needs to compete at the top level.

if any United fan wants an Oil Baron, then they are just deluded and greedy. we dont need them.

ive already given my reasons for what i saw and experienced to come to that conclusion and was already pointed out, i dont think you'd need to speak to every single person in the crowd to get the full opinion of everybody to be able to forge an opinion...so no need to be so petty and pedantic.

if you were being honest, how would you describe your feelings towards the entire thing at the moment?

I'm not being petty, I'm genuinely baffled at how you can speak for 70 odd thousand people. If you had said you got that feeling from the people around you or whatever it wouldn't be an issue.

If the transfer window shut right now I'd be f*cking livid TBH. I'll judge it when it closes, I'd rather better players brought in late than lesser players brought in early.

There has to be more of a ruthless policy when it comes to signing and selling players. There's no room for sentimentality. The top clubs in Europe have no problem dumping even the biggest name players if they can get someone better in.

I think it will follow once the club its structures get used to one man not deciding everything for the over 25 years. SAF was ruthless but at times in a head scratching way but he made it work.

this is completely incorrect. why do we need Oil Barons for when the club will top £460m next season in terms of revenue?

what fans do want however is the revenue our club generates being reinvested into the playing squad that the club deserves and needs to compete at the top level.

if any United fan wants an Oil Baron, then they are just deluded and greedy. we dont need them.

How much have United spent since Fergie left?

The problem isn't how much money is being spent, the problem is that it's being spent in the wrong areas. That's not the Glazers fault.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    In fairness, how many tweets are people wanting them gone, how many as United fans facepalming, and how many are non-United fans commenting on it?

all 18k...it was a graph of #glaszerout. somebody or some group has kicked this off and its grown legs.

of course you can argue that most of these wont have any impact on the club as its probably lads in India, china etc etc posting them, but the issue i have is that this is the first step towards the same campaign as 2010. if MUST get involved and starting pushing their agenda, it will start impacting inside the stadium...next thing a few lads are swinging their scarves and we are back to the G & G campaign again.

its the last thing we need right now, yesterday was bad enough. as i said tho, one big signing and it will stop.
    How much have United spent since Fergie left?

The problem isn't how much money is being spent, the problem is that it's being spent in the wrong areas. That's not the Glazers fault.

£121M....and thats the point i am making, we are not investing or maybe the word i should have used was recruiting, at a level thats required for this club anymore. it worked under Fergie, but the TV money has evolved and clubs are attracting world class players where as we are not.

Jones, Fellaini (though most of us wanted him admittedly) , Young, Fletcher and co are not United players. our first 11 has just had £120m invested, on top of £100 in the 2 previous summers yet if any one of us had a choice, they'd say the first team would have 4 or 5 new players put into it.

• Advertisement

It seems to be what some folk on here would like to happen. Protesting against owners for not spending enough money when they've spent a ridiculous amount over the last few years just doesn't make sense.

You're just drawing conclusions.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Who in the right mind when offered Mata would say no.

We don't "need" Ronaldo or Bale ...but you wouldn't say no

Where does this Juan Mata love stem from? Jose Mourinho was happy to get rid of him. No other clubs were interested in signing him. And he hasn't done much since he joined.

Mentioning him in the same breath as Ronaldo or Gareth Bale is ludicrous to be honest.

A panic buy who is yet to prove whether he's another disastrous purchase.

The jury is out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

It is the absolute height of idiocy. Club sanctions over £120m worth of transfers including breaking the record in a year and somehow they are to blame?

The Glazers can be accused of many things, penny pinching since Fergie left is not one.

I might be looking at it in a very simplistic way so I apologise if I'm wrong but I see it like this:

Last January, instead of signing Mata a central midfielder should have been signed.

The start of the summer should have seen Shaw left at Southampton while Evra, Buttner and Fabio battle for the left wing back slot. Nobody else was interested in Shaw, he would still have been available next summer. That 30m should have went on a centre half.

With just those 2 transfers, Uniteds garden would look a lot rosier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I wouldn't want an oil baron in. I was just posting that it was trending,
    Not advocating it

I want an oil baron in. This club is going nowhere under the Glazers. If are to catch up with the likes of Real, Barca etc. we need owners with more money than sense. We may still be the biggest club in the world but that may not last forever.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

kryogen wrote: »
    It is the absolute height of idiocy. Club sanctions over £120m worth of transfers including breaking the record in a year and somehow they are to blame?

The Glazers can be accused of many things, penny pinching since Fergie left is not one.

They've pinched billions of pennies from the club over the last few years though.

kryogen wrote: »

They've drained a lot of money out of the club though.
    And they low balled on transfers all last summer. Then brought in one player to shut the fans up.

I might be looking at it in a very simplistic way so I apologise if I'm wrong but I see it like this:

Last January, instead of signing Mata a central midfielder should have been signed.

The start of the summer should have seen Shaw left at Southampton while Evra, Buttner and Fabio battle for the left wing back slot. Nobody else was interested in Shaw, he would still have been available next summer. That 30m should have went on a centre half.

With just those 2 transfers, Uniteds garden would look a lot rosier.

Who said nobody else was interested in Shaw? What if the next season he performed in a way that attracted a lot of interest?

Mata was signed while the club were actively seeking a central midfielder. It wasn't an "either or" situation

TheDoc wrote: »

Sometimes you simply can't walk away from a world class player. We bought kagawa to play 10 and Rooney to be through the middle and put that into the bin to get RVP. And left kagawa in the lurch.

On the Kagawa signing I don't think he was actually left in the lurch by Ferguson. It might be against the grain but when I look back on it now I don't think he was treated in that way.

It was his first season in England he played plenty of football in between some injuries and long distance travel for internationals. SAF tried some different formations to make use of all three players and in the end had decided it was Rooney who was done at United and wanted to use Kagawa with RVP.

The next fortnight will be huge in the history of Manchester United. With the current squad, we're likely to finish outside the top four. This could create a terminal decline in that really top drawer players will definitely avoid us (if they're not already doing so).

We urgently need:

- A midfielder

- A centre half

- A left back

- A right back

We also need another midfielder, another centre half and maybe a winger.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement